School supply List ????? What is RBL??? UPDATE: School Secretary responds - pg. 2

Red Blue Lined....

Blue Lined and the red line marks the margin.... most notebooks have this, but nowadays they have all sorts of funky things to use with gel pens....

Holly

The 1/2" makes it sound like a binder, you know the 3 ring kind, rather than an actually notebook. notebooks are sized by number of sheets, paper size, and rule....100 sheet 10x8 regular ruled notebook...Binders are sized like this...1/2" 3 ring binder.

Maybe the teacher wants a 1/2" 3-ring binder with a notebook of 10x8 paper....

This is confusing :confused:

I'd call the teacher....There's nothing better than a good parent/teacher relationship....;)

I think I'd just call the school and ask them. I'm sure you won't be the only one!

Why can't they just make it EASY??? Do they make it hard INTENTIONALLY???? I hope you figure this out!

I think you should print out this thread so they know next time not to use acronymns.

Tell them I think it is a Rubber Band Lacer.

:teeth: Vicklyn - you are bad! I think I will just send him in with 5 Rubber Band Lacers. Does TDS sell these?

I finally broke down & emailed the school secretary. I'll let you all know what she thinks.

now I'm going crazy too, and I work in an elementary school. Let us know what it is as soon as you find out!

Subject: Re: School supply question
This is a question that has baffled the best of them. Barb K. says it is a landscape oriented handwriting tablet, available at Learing How or a store that sells educational supplies. It has blue lines at top and bottom of each line with a red dotted line down the middle of each line. It is for practicing handwriting. The middle line gives second graders a spot to aim for so their letters are all equal in scale...If you need more clarification, please call Patrice S.
Barb K. = 1 of 2 second grade teachers
Patrice S. = former HSA president

My 7 yr old needs 5 handwriting practice books :earseek:

So I'm still :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: as I ever was!

We call them road paper... it looks like a road...

5 of them, what are they teaching them, cursive?

I have used those notebooks, they don't hold a lot of paper. 5 still seems a bit much though. But I bet the handwriting will be much improved by the end of the year. lol

I shared that same thought with the secretary:
--- Yvonne wrote:
> Thanks Linda! Those 2nd graders will have beautiful
> handwriting if they go through 5 of those notebooks.
And she replied:
You'd be surprised how fast they go through them.Sometimes there is only one wod on a line :)
Yes, they will start cursive this year.
I hope 2nd grade is ready for DS#2!

I hope you are right Serena.

I remember using that kind of paper when I was in elementary school in the early 1960's. Isn't it funny how some methods stand the test of time. Thanks for clearing up the mystery. I'll have to go back to the Staples website and see what they call RBL paper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter