School supply List ????? What is RBL??? UPDATE: School Secretary responds - pg. 2

mom2boys

<font color=blue>Horseshoe Mesa - 3 miles, 31 swit
I've managed to decifer most of the abbreviations on the my boys' school supply lists. However I am stumped by 1/2" RBL 10x8 WB Notebook. I understand that it is some type of wire-bound (WB) notebook. But I'm clueless on the RBL stuff. This is for 2nd grade so I am wondering whether it might have something to do with dotted lined notebook paper. But I don't know how you get RBL out of dotted-lined paper. Any suggestions from teachers or anyone else?

A school puzzle? How fun. Well the only thing I would say is it is related to the lines, which you already figured out, so.....

you have college ruled and wide ruled...I didn't know there were more.
I gonna say REGULAR B??? LINED.

Blue? or Black?

can I ask something here, that is kinda related..do you have to buy books, jotters etc for your school age kids in the states?

We only do this here if the kids go private.

We don't have to purchase text books. Although my kids go to Catholic school, the public schools also "provide" textbooks for their students. The books are loaners for the school year. I am not familiar with the term "jotter". What is that?
We did have the option of purchasing a school supply package through the PTA but based on prior experience, it was expensive & the quality of some of the items was not the best. I spent $65 on the PTA packages last year. I have spent only $35 for my boys this year. I expect to spend no more than $10 more for the special homework planners the school uses & the 5 RBL WB NBs - once I figure out what they are.:rolleyes:

Could it be red/blue lined. If I am remembering right, the left margin of the paper has a red line and the rest are blue. I don't think all notebooks have this feature (though many do) and certainly not all paper has this feature. Let us know.

Sorry - a 'jotter' is the name for a notepad used only in schools, they can be lined, blank, graph paper etc

They normally have a plain heavy duty paper cover with space for the childs name & class.

You may also here the phrase 'get your jotters' which means you have been fired from your employment.

We are also quite fortunate in that denominational education is free so my son is in catholic school at no charge (even for books etc)

On another thread Ive asked about school ages etc because my brother (and hopefully my own family) is moving to the US. I hope you dont think this is rude but is it very expensive (in general) to send your kids to a catholic school.

I searched the web and the Staples website and I can't figure out what the heck an "RBL" might be. I thought that the "L" might be some sort of ledger. It sounds like a weird size Steno Pad. When you find out, you'll have to let us all know. This kind of stuff drives me :crazy:.

I agree -- I think RBL stands for Red/Blue Lined. Either that or Regular Blue Lined?

Perhaps Doc P & Rajah are onto something. I don't think it's a brand name. They listed "Crayola" crayons & "Fiskers" siccors so I would hope they would write out another brand name.

Perhaps Doc P & Rajah are onto something. I don't think it's a brand name. They listed "Crayola" crayons & "Fiskers" siccors so I would hope they would write out another brand name. Hate to bother the school secretary, she didn't make the list.

I will have to agree, it has to be red/blue lined.
In fact I have just pulled out my 5yos notebook and it is red/blue lined.
The red line is the margin line and the other lines are all blue.

RBL could mean "Record Book Lined". The Staples site has something like this. I know that my kids had to have a special assignment book that they filled in each day and had to have signed once a week by a parent. Curiosity is killing me.

UPDATE: I found a reference on Office Max's website to "red & blue lithographed ruling".

I would call the school for sure. I'm sure you wouldn't be the only one calling. Maybe they'll get the hint and next year type all the words! :rolleyes:

I think the B stands for bound, something like red bound ledger or rough bound ledger, LOL.

Do we win a prize for the right answer, btw?

Herc.

Bumping this because it has been bugging me and I NEED to know the answer. I know I am weird, but I just can't live with the mystery!
Laura

Towncrier -- We have the same thought process. Thanks for saving me a search of the Staples (etc.) sites!

Please fill us in when you find out for sure what they are talking about!

Hmm. It looks like it could be a lot of things. And here is another :p In my classroom, we have notebooks with red-blue-blue-red lines for printing on. Good luck, and let us know what it really is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter