Savi's / Cirque du Soleil for 7yo, 5yo

traveler_t

Earning My Ears
Are the following recommended / fun for a 7yo and a 5yo?

1. Savi's Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers
2. Drawn to Life presented by Cirque du Soleil & Disney

Thanks!

Are the following recommended / fun for a 7yo and a 5yo?

1. Savi's Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers
2. Drawn to Life presented by Cirque du Soleil & Disney

Thanks!
We took my then six year old grandtinker to Drawn to life a couple years back. We loved it. But, she is a dancer so it kept her attention all the way through. We got there early too, so she actually got to go up on stage for the beginning and draw a picture while the cast was milling around pre-show. Was a treat. We still have the video and love watching it with the exception of the fact she has that darn Covid mask on......

Just went to Cirque. I'm somewhat conflicted. While I loved the story line, it made for somewhat of a slow, solemn show. The stunts/acts were good, but at the end I wished there were more. My whole family felt something was missing. Glad we went to see it but won't go again.

Also, I definitely would not pay for premium seating. We were in the top row and felt they were good seats.

We just went to Cirque last week and DD10said it was her favorite thing we did. She is into dancing and gymnastics though so that helped. I don’t think a 5 or 7 year old would get the story but the stunts would hold their attention. Agree about not paying for premium seats—Cirque shows are best viewed from higher up IMO. We were the last row and had a great view

My 6 year old got to go on stage at the beginning of Cirque (we were in the expensive seats at the front), but fell asleep by the end... - would say go to the afternoon show if you're going at that age.

Those lightsabers are super expensive $200+. The show is very force heavy while you build the saber. I don’t know if little kids will get it. Plus the light part is glass so you can’t really wack it around. Probably easier and cheaper to let them build a plastic one at gift shop at Star Tours.

If you have MB+, totally recommend doing the bounty hunter game in Galaxy Edge.

Can't speak to Savi. I haven't seen Drawn, but have seen other Cirque shows and think it would be very kid-dependent. It's a spectacle, but would require them to be able to sit still and pay attention and it's probably not as engaging as a typical animated movie.

We did Savis in 2019 for my son (we celebrated his 10th birthday on this trip) and watching him do the whole experience was a core memory for me. I have about 100 photos. BUT, he was already a Star Wars fan at that age, we had a discussion about the cost (he was using his gift cards to pay for it, he asked for and chose this activity), and knew he'd have to take care of it. I would not have planned it/paid for it out of the blue without his input/knowing he wanted it/him being a SW fan.

We haven’t been to Cirque at the Springs yet, but I’ve seen a number of other Cirque shows, and I’m sure they’ve adjusted things for the target audience, but it might be hard to keep them focused for that long…

Savi’s on the other hand is something I did, and I wouldn’t recommend it for someone that young.. It’s definitely geared toward the older crowd, BUT there is a setup at Tatooine Traders by the Star Tours ride that is a build your own saber experience geared exactly for your kids ages! its almost the same build process too, except the pieces are plastic,and it doesn’t cost $200.. 😂.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter