Saratoga 5th sleeper

beeaimee

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

We are super looking forward to our trip in June! This is our family's first time staying in a 1BR at Saratoga Springs. I was just wondering how comfortable the 5th sleeper under the TV is? I'm only 5ft so I very much doubt my height will be a problem, but my little (but much taller!) brother is refusing to share the pull-down queen with me! Do you think I'll survive the 10 nights? ;)

Thanks guys!

5 foot tall grown adult here, the single pull down at Poly and BW are two of my favorite places to sleep :) I assume the SSR single pull down is as comfortable or maybe even better.

I thought those were meant for kids and had a lower weight limit. I could be wrong though.

There is no stated weight or age limit. And the bed is only a couple inches smaller than a standard twin.

Right. But I'm just going by the incidents of them detaching from the wall a few times in previous years. I think Disney stated they are for smaller/younger guests. I can't recall an exact weight recommendation or anything. Just that when things are anchored to the wall like that, there's going to be some kind of limit even if it isn't posted. Unless the beds actually have legs or support under them? I don't recall the sleeper my son used at BRV having one like that though.

I slept really good in the Murphy bed at the Polynesian resort.I am 5 foot three and if the time I was overweight about 210 pounds. I found a very cozy and no problem sleeping.

But I'm just going by the incidents of them detaching from the wall a few times in previous years.
I’m pretty sure those were only at RIV, possibly at SSR, when they were new, and they had not been installed properly. I can’t recall reading reports of them detaching since that time.

Thanks good to hear! My son slept on the one in BRV and he's skinny and only 10 and loved it. I weigh 200 pounds and didn't even want to sit on it because I'm paranoid. 🤣

I laid on it and found it comfie. I’m 5-9. My teen daughter who is almost my height preferred it to the regular Murphy and slept on it for 5 nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter