Sangria, Sisters and Sons...10/3 Complete!

Yikes Ohana! Honestly, that place is so hit or miss for me. The last time we had dinner there the meat was dry and we waited forever for our bill. I'm glad you got some of your money refunded. More people need to complain and maybe things will change. Overall, how disappointing for Disney service.

Your plans for your upcoming trip sound great! I'm two weeks in to the new school year and I could use a massage!

Hi! Finally joining in and getting caught up after being away in PEI at my cottage!

Hi everyone and :welcome:to another one of my TR's. If you've joined me before and have decided to follow along again, I am truly grateful and appreciate you being here. I have made so many wonderful friends on the DIS Boards and I feel honored when you take time out of your day to follow along with me on my crazy adventures around the most magical place on earth and beyond (as you all know, I tend to add a lot more to my TR's than actual Disney time. I also include other vaca reports, date nights and family time. Oh, and don't forget those 2 recent additions to our family, Raven, and Maleficent). :love: But more on them later...
Awww, that's sweet! It's always so fun and entertaining reading all about your adventures!
We found our way to our Garden Wing/Garden View room and dropped off our carry on luggage. Matt and Timmy were very excited to stay at the CR because they had both always wanted to stay here...They loved the proximity to the MK. They also liked how much space there was and how close the room was to the pool. We were in room 5331. This was a great location and very quiet. The Wilderness Lodge is still my fav deluxe but the CR is a very close second.
Sounds lovely!
After a delicious meal in the Japan Pavillion, Matt noticed a 40-minute wait for FEA. Since Matt is the only one in our family who has never ridden it, we hopped in line. True to the sign, that's exactly what we waited. I've always utilized FP for this ride which means I have never walked through the entire queue. I'm glad I got the chance this time because it's really cute and very well done. After that, we met a few princesses in Avondale and we were able to walk on The 3 Caballeros, Figment, Nemo and Mission Space. I also did a Meet and Greet with Joy and Sadness which was a first for me. Let me tell you, those 2 ladies are ADORABLE!!! I truly enjoyed this meet.
Perefect!
Speaking of dinner, this one was not very good AT ALL, which was extremely disappointing as we have always had great food and service here...To start, our waitress took forever to take our drink orders. Then, forgot to bring our bread (that you have to pay for now...WHAT???). Our pepperoni pizza was dripping with grease to the point that it was inedible. Matt's Cesar salad was extremely sad looking and not that great tasting either. The only thing that saved this meal from being a complete failure was the arancini. These fried rice balls are amazing but my MIL still makes the best ones. :P
So sorry to hear your Via Napoli meal was so disappointing. :(
After lunch, we walked around a bit and did some shopping. I know I ended up buying Ashley and Tim a few tees at Uniqlo and I bought Matt and his fiance, Kari a few things at the World of Disney store. I also broke down and bought myself the Dooney and Bourke Toy Story wallet. But, more on all the souvenirs later...I have a whole vlog dedicated to those. Hee! Hee! :smooth:
Sweet! Nothing like some new goodies, especially D&B ones!
After an early afternoon of shopping and eating in Disney Springs, the boys were anxious to put on their suits and head down to the marina. They rented a SeaRaycer and tooled around Bay Lake for about 45 minutes. While they did that, I met up with a few, old friends. Yep, Chip and Dale were hanging around the Contemporary Resort. I have never seen the characters walking around freely at the resorts before, so this was very cool to see. So, I hung out a bit with the chipmunks and took some selfies.
Love that!! We ran into them on our way off the launch from the WL and I was SO excited!
Once seated, our server came around and literally dumped our platter of food on our table. He didn't even ask us if we wanted drinks. No worries. I called him back and politely told him that we would like to order a few Lapu Lapu's and some orange juice for Gia. 😏 He seemed completely annoyed but did come back bearing drinks...And, OMG! Those puppies are STRONG, but delicious and satisfying all at the same time.:P I will be having one again and Joe definitely needs to try one (perhaps in September)...We saw the characters, took pics, Gia and Julie walked the parade and we barely saw our server again...Oh, and under our table was all kinds of food and silverware from diners before us. It was really disgusting.
That is just terrible.....glad they at least tried to make it right.

Coming up so soon!

I feel like you and I are always on the same wavelength haha I literally just called and booked a massage for myself in Disney yesterday! :rotfl:

Overall, how disappointing for Disney service.
Seriously, it was so bad this time and very dirty...I think I'll stick with Olivia's for breakfast.

:welcome:

Hi! Finally joining in and getting caught up after being away in PEI at my cottage!
YAY!

Awww, that's sweet! It's always so fun and entertaining reading all about your adventures!
AWW! You're too sweet!

Love that!! We ran into them on our way off the launch from the WL and I was SO excited!
I had zero idea that the characters visited the resorts, so this was very cool!

I feel like you and I are always on the same wavelength haha I literally just called and booked a massage for myself in Disney yesterday! :rotfl:
HA! We figured we would need it after 5 nights with Gia. I love her to death and she is always so well behaved, but it will be time to pamper ourselves at that point in the vacation...

Friday, August 8th Continued...

After a not so great breakfast at Ohana, it was time to part ways with Julie and Gia. We all hopped on the monorail, but they got off at the GF and Matt, Tim and I continued on to the MK. Julie was taking Gia to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and the 3 of us had a FP to get to...Peter Pan! Yay! The only problem was that it was hot out, REALLY hot out. We hopped on a few rides, met up with a Country Bear and decided to walk back to the Contemporary Resort to relax.

The boys went swimming for a bit before the rain came in and I decided to rest in the room. We had plans to meet Julie and Gia later that afternoon to go back to the MK, as we had a big evening ahead of us...

As we were walking back to our room, I heard a little person calling my name. It was Gia, or shall I say, Princess Elsa. Yep, she picked to be Elsa for the day and had her hair, makeup and nails done. She also had the entire costume on complete with purse and Olaf stuffie. She looked amazing!!!! Why wasn't BBB around when I was a kid? I totally feel something missing from my childhood. LOL!

Anyway, we all rested up a bit. Julie talked Gia into changing into shorts and a tee and we all walked back to MK. But, what did we do??? Did we have dinner? Did the weather cool down? Were we able to get on a few rides? What about HEA? Did we see it???

D4EACEC0-279A-4176-8D1A-102340B1DDA4.jpegAA9B17B6-A5CA-4C3E-AC32-366C4EDB64C9.jpeg2801EDB6-CDEF-43CF-8310-CBCCB3BCB2A1.jpegD8C6FC36-0859-4AED-87E2-966574BFED2A.jpeg

Well, of Course! We had a Great Dinner. We Rode on a few Rides AND we saw HEA!!!

After resting up a bit, we all met up and walked back over to MK. We had reservations at Skipper Canteens to get to and let me say...This was probably THE best meal of the trip. We have always had great service and food but this time our waiter just knocked it out of the park. He was funny, made all the appropriate JC jokes and attended to our every need. I just wish I had written down his name somewhere...

For drinks, Julie, Matt and I started with the Passion fruit Sangria. This was so wonderful and refreshing that we ordered a second round. I will be having this again next month, no doubt about it...For starters, we all shared the Pao De Queijo, gluten-friendly cheese bread from deep in the Amazon served with chimichurri cream cheese, and the S.E.A. SHU MAI, blend of pork, shrimp, edamame beans and spices wrapped in gyoza skin then steamed. Both of these were EXCELLENT!!! The bread is new to the menu and has been such a hit that it will be making an appearance at Food and Wine according to our server...For my entree, I get what I always get...the Tastes Like Chicken Because it is. All I can say, is YUM!

After dinner, we were able to ride Pirates, the Flying Carpets of Aladin, visit some birds in the Tiki Room and hop on the Jungle Cruise. We even managed to dodge the small storm that came in. Then, it was time to head over to Tomorrowland. We had reservations for the HEA Dessert Party, one of my favorite things to do while in Disney...

I cannot say this enough. If you have never booked a dessert party, stop waiting and just DO IT!!! It is such a great way to end your night in MK and not have to fight the crowds for a great HEA viewing spot. Plus, you get all those wonderful desserts, fresh fruit and a few savory items like those awesome cheeseburger eggrolls to munch on. The only thing missing is alcohol...Come on MK, the other parks have it at their dessert parties...

After an awesome HEA show, we were able to ride Dumbo and I finally rode Barnstormer for the first time. Yep, that's right, I had never ridden it before. We tried to get Gia to ride but she wasn't having it. So, Timmy stayed behind and watched her while we rode. He also took her to Storybook Treats and bought her a doll. For the life of me, I can't remember which one...

The park was closing at this point, so we stayed to watch the kiss goodnight, another first for me and walked back to the CR.

CDCFEDE8-9933-424A-9F76-A3FF9D0FC155.jpegF1A0B307-6723-4BEC-8079-ED00DB19EFD1.jpeg252A06C7-7565-41CA-87C6-2E25578F1FAA.jpegA212BF9B-5842-4CC9-AF2C-C5891A92F89B.jpegF08A9C09-5F82-42B4-9B68-1EBB6C0760DC.jpeg5C712D9F-C023-4E61-9225-A3B38FAF4CE1.jpegA532607D-3DD1-466A-AD2E-29310A804927.jpeg9F4FED66-021F-45A6-9948-0BE28529660E.jpegB9B74E30-70E3-48CD-B967-A48F307B32D0.jpeg775FDFBB-0F40-4606-826B-60ECA5363269.jpeg

How do we spend our last day in Disney? And what special family do we have dinner with that night???? :love: :love: :love:

Last edited:
She had tried to get tickets as well but the event was sold out. I'm not sure if I mentioned that before...
So how were the crowds? Impact you at all?
brunch at Ohana.
Huh. I had no idea they had brunch there.
Our seater obliged and moved us to a different table, but not before she had us stand to the side and handed us our pineapple bread to eat. WHAT???
What? That's... weird.
I called him back and politely told him that we would like to order a few Lapu Lapu's and some orange juice for Gia. 😏 He seemed completely annoyed but did come back bearing drinks..
:sad2:
I wonder if that's a function of low tips due to it being brunch?
Oh, and under our table was all kinds of food and silverware from diners before us. It was really disgusting.
Ew! That's a hard nope from me.
I felt the manager should know what was going on. She was extremely polite and credited $100. back to my card for all the trouble we experienced during our meal
Nice of him, but... would've been better not to have had all those issues.
I made massage appointments for me and Joe the day after we arrive in St Pete from Disney
Nice!
Julie was taking Gia to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Bet she loved that!
Why wasn't BBB around when I was a kid? I totally feel something missing from my childhood. LOL!
:laughing:
D8C6FC36-0859-4AED-87E2-966574BFED2A.jpeg
Awww... :) She looks great.
We had reservations at Skipper Canteens to get to and let me say...This was probably THE best meal of the trip.
Really! I've heard so many complaints about it... I've liked it and been more than once, but...
our waiter just knocked it out of the park.
That sure makes up for the brunch waiter.
We had reservations for the HEA Dessert Party, one of my favorite things to do while in Disney...
::yes:: Finally did that last trip.
I cannot say this enough. If you have never booked a dessert party, stop waiting and just DO IT!!! It is such a great way to end your night in MK and not have to fight the crowds for a great HEA viewing spot.
Agreed! While I probably won't do it alone, it was wonderful.
I finally rode Barnstormer for the first time. Yep, that's right, I had never ridden it before.
:laughing: You and me both. I finally rode it too.
:lmao:

Your 'Ohana brunch sounds terrible. It's nice that they gave you $100, but how disappointing :sad2:

Gia looks adorable in her BBB Elsa dress! I think my mom and I are going to bring my great-niece next year and I can't wait to do this with her :love:

So how were the crowds? Impact you at all?
Much heavier than a regular DAH event.

Huh. I had no idea they had brunch there.
Technically it's breakfast but to me, anything after 10:30 is brunch...

Bet she loved that!
OMG! She did!!!!

Agreed! While I probably won't do it alone, it was wonderful.
I'm addicted!

Gia looks so cute as Elsa!!
She absolutely loved it!!!!

Your 'Ohana brunch sounds terrible. It's nice that they gave you $100, but how disappointing :sad2:
I know, right!!!!

Gia looks adorable in her BBB Elsa dress! I think my mom and I are going to bring my great-niece next year and I can't wait to do this with her :love:
She absolutely loved it!!!!

Looks like such a fun evening! I need to get back to Skippers Canteen. SO GOOD!
I agree and I don't think it gets enough love...

joining in...another great report...I just put in my notes to try skippers canteen..we have never been there..

YAY!

My husband and I really like it. I think it's a great MK option.

As we were walking back to our room, I heard a little person calling my name. It was Gia, or shall I say, Princess Elsa. Yep, she picked to be Elsa for the day and had her hair, makeup and nails done. She also had the entire costume on complete with purse and Olaf stuffie. She looked amazing!!!! Why wasn't BBB around when I was a kid? I totally feel something missing from my childhood. LOL!
Oh my goodness! Could she be any more precious????
After resting up a bit, we all met up and walked back over to MK. We had reservations at Skipper Canteens to get to and let me say...This was probably THE best meal of the trip. We have always had great service and food but this time our waiter just knocked it out of the park. He was funny, made all the appropriate JC jokes and attended to our every need. I just wish I had written down his name somewhere...
Fabulous!!
I cannot say this enough. If you have never booked a dessert party, stop waiting and just DO IT!!! It is such a great way to end your night in MK and not have to fight the crowds for a great HEA viewing spot. Plus, you get all those wonderful desserts, fresh fruit and a few savory items like those awesome cheeseburger eggrolls to munch on. The only thing missing is alcohol...Come on MK, the other parks have it at their dessert parties...
I may have to try it one trip! :)

Hi Jenny,

I’m back and catching up, I have a HEA dessert party booked for Andi and I in January, I even splurged and did the one where we sit down, yay!

Gia is so cute as Elsa! I saw so many little princesses at GF, they have a boutique at the resort now!

It was so hot for our trip, it does tire you out!

I’m glad you and your family had a great evening in MK

I’m back and catching up, I have a HEA dessert party booked for Andi and I in January, I even splurged and did the one where we sit down, yay!
Welcome back! I can't wait to hear all about your trip! I love the dessert parties. So worth it in my opinion!

Gia is so cute as Elsa! I saw so many little princesses at GF, they have a boutique at the resort now!
She did it at the GF!!!!!! And, loved it!!!!!!

It was so hot for our trip, it does tire you out!
It was sooooo hot when we were there too.

When is your January trip????

We went in October and the Lapu Lapu was included in the dining plan but you had to have it in a glass not the pineapple.
Well, that's no fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter