San Angel Inn

tguz

DIS Veteran
Excited to try a few new to us restaurants, we are mostly qs people. We are trying San Angel Inn, Sci Fi Diner, and Yak & Yeti on our December trip. At the San Angel Inn, can a request be made ahead of time to be seated by the water to watch the ride pass by? Thanks.

I loved when we were lucky enough to get the coveted water view seat! We didn’t ask just got lucky. I’m sure it won’t hurt to ask, but I’ll bet it will depend upon the size of the group, and a bit of an extra wait. Good luck

I loved when we were lucky enough to get the coveted water view seat! We didn’t ask just got lucky. I’m sure it won’t hurt to ask, but I’ll bet it will depend upon the size of the group, and a bit of an extra wait. Good luck
Thanks! Glad you got it! It is just a group of 2 so hopefully that help us.

Excited to try a few new to us restaurants, we are mostly qs people. We are trying San Angel Inn, Sci Fi Diner, and Yak & Yeti on our December trip. At the San Angel Inn, can a request be made ahead of time to be seated by the water to watch the ride pass by? Thanks.
I asked when we checked in and got it once but it was pure luck. Another time they wouldn’t even let us wait longer to see if one cleared

It can be, but you will have to wait for it, and it's not really worth the wait.

Can not speak for now but in Mid august the majority of Tables for 2 were closest to the water.

We got a water view table as a party of 2 without asking for it last December :) It's definitely worth it and I'll always ask for it in the future! The rest of the tables in there were crammed together and I would have hated sitting literally anywhere else than the water view tables!

At the San Angel Inn, can a request be made ahead of time to be seated by the water to watch the ride pass by? Thanks.
No, this request cannot be made ahead of time, but only once you have arrived at the restaurant. Unless the timing happens to work out in your favor, there will usually be a long wait for the waterside seating. I once waited over an hour!

It can be, but you will have to wait for it, and it's not really worth the wait.
Thanks.....I'd wait a few minutes but I understand they need to keep people moving to keep later reservations on time.

On another note….

So many people say they don’t like the food at San Angel Inn.

I really want to try it for the ambiance, and looking at them menu, I see items we would like.

For those of you who have gone and enjoyed it, what foods did you enjoy there? Apps, mains and desserts.
Adult beverages too.

Thanks!

We were told 45 minute wait for a water table a few trips back. We liked the food but could not believe the prices "for what it was" (we are used to Disney prices and love Mexican food). We have honestly thought about going back for apps or dessert, but have not done it with all the festival food on our recent trips.

Last time we got one without asking. Table still felt cramped, even in the height of covid at the time, but not a big deal.

We loved the food. I got this or something similar. It was delicious, but so dark I couldn't tell which bite was which lol.

Enchiladas de Pollo
Corn Tortillas filled with Chipotle Chicken covered with Salsa Verde, Crema Mexicana, Cotija Cheese and Crispy Onion Straws atop Refried Beans served with Plantains topped with Crema Mexicana and Cotija Cheese

I was looking at the Pollo a Las Rajas and the Pescado a la Veracruzana.
Anyone tried these dishes at San Angel?
And the Totopos Con Queso, chips and dips. I’m guessing there are no complimentary chips and dip?

If I remember correctly, you do get chips and salsa at the table. It is not a separate order.

I have had the enchiladas and really enjoyed them. I can't remember what others at table had. My son, I think, had the steak dish. Everyone has liked it. It is standard Mexican fare with Disney prices.

They stopped doing complimentary chips, I believe and now you have to order them for an upcharge with guac.
Really! Well, that is CHEAP of them. That's very disappointing. When you spend so much money already, it feels very ticky tac to charge for chips.
We went in Nov 2020 and they were still complementary.

We got a water table this past January, without asking. We really enjoyed our food. This ended up being one of our favorite meals for this trip.

Back in Dec we were wearing our Honeymoon buttons and our waiter gave us chips and salsa plus a drink each free and congratulated us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter