Sam's Club cheaper than DVC annual pass - WHAT???

nicki.momof3

Addicted to Disney Vacations
Am I the only one that thinks that DVC members should continue to always have the best price for annual passes. Based on the new Sam's Club deal it is cheaper to buy my passes through them then DVC. If they are going to offer Sam's that price then they should offer DVC less. Just my opinion.

I don't think the Sam's club price is cheaper than the Gold pass which is what I consider the standard "DVC" AP since it's the only one with a special caveat - either FL resident or DVC member.

I always get the premier plus because inevitably, our plans end up on blackout dates and we frequent the water park. Do they have this AP at Sam's and if so how much.

From what I have read, if you want a Sam's Club pass you better jump on it now. This tip has been going on for about 3-4 days now. Surprised they still have any left at the old price.

The premier pass is $865. Cheaper than the DVC price. Gold is not available but as a teacher that has never been an option for our family. Frustrates me that Sam's Club members get a better price than DVC.

The premier pass is $865. Cheaper than the DVC price. Gold is not available but as a teacher that has never been an option for our family. Frustrates me that Sam's Club members get a better price than DVC.

I agree with a PP these won't last long, Sams Club is just selling off their inventory of passes at the old pricing.

Am I the only one that thinks that DVC members should continue to always have the best price for annual passes. Based on the new Sam's Club deal it is cheaper to buy my passes through them then DVC. If they are going to offer Sam's that price then they should offer DVC less. Just my opinion.
Why should DVC be guaranteed the lowest AP prices?

I don’t think think you you mean the “premier pass” .

Last edited:
The Gold pass was available yesterday when I looked but it was listed under Florida residents, which is why I was wondering if it would work for DVC members. I've seen posts that say a Gold pass is a Gold pass and other posts that say Florida resident Gold passes are different than DVC Gold passes!

The Gold pass was available yesterday when I looked but it was listed under Florida residents, which is why I was wondering if it would work for DVC members. I've seen posts that say a Gold pass is a Gold pass and other posts that say Florida resident Gold passes are different than DVC Gold passes!
FL Resident passes & DVC Member passes are SEPARATE entries in Disney's ticketing system. The validation requirements at activation are different.

This is what I get on Sam's Club web site. I think you are looking at the FL residence pass...

Home > Walt Disney World® Resort > WALT DISNEY WORLD® ANNUAL PASSES

WALT DISNEY WORLD® ANNUAL PASSES
WALT DISNEY WORLD® ANNUAL PASSES Header Image

Ticket offersTips and informationLocation
Previous Page

Walt Disney World - Platinum Pass
Adult (Ages 10+)
Gate price $1,119.00 + tax $72.74 = $1,191.74

Sign in to see price
Exchange Voucher - Adult 012345678
Child (Ages 3-9)

Sign in to see price
Exchange Voucher - Child 012345678

*Taxes and fees will be calculated at checkout
xImportant Ticket Information

Includes admission to the Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, Disney's Hollywood Studios® and Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park, standard theme park parking and the freedom to visit multiple parks on the same day for a period of one (1) year starting with the date of first use of this Ticket. Also includes unlimited digital downloads of photos taken during the One (1) year period and linked to the guest's Disney account.
Important Ticket Information
Includes admission to the Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, Disney's Hollywood Studios® and Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park, standard theme park parking and the freedom to visit multiple parks on…
Read More…
Sign in
Walt Disney World - Platinum Plus Pass
Adult (Ages 10+)
Gate price $1,219.00 + tax $79.24 = $1,298.24

Sign in to see price
Child (Ages 3-9)

Sign in to see price

Includes admission to the Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, Disney's Hollywood Studios®, Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park, Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park, Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park, Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course — greens fee only (tee time reservations are required and subject to availability), ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex (valid only on event days; some events require an additional admission charge); standard theme park parking; and the freedom to visit multiple parks on the same day for a period of one (1) year starting with the date of first use of this Ticket. Also includes unlimited digital downloads of photos taken during the One (1) year period and linked to the guest's Disney account.
Includes admission to the Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, Disney's Hollywood Studios®, Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park, Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park, Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park,…
Read More…
Sign in

This is what I get on Sam's Club web site. I think you are looking at the FL residence pass...

Home > Walt Disney World® Resort > WALT DISNEY WORLD® ANNUAL PASSES

WALT DISNEY WORLD® ANNUAL PASSES
WALT DISNEY WORLD® ANNUAL PASSES Header Image

Ticket offersTips and informationLocation
Previous Page

Adult (Ages 10+)

Sign in to see price
Child (Ages 3-9)

Sign in to see price

Includes admission to the Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, Disney's Hollywood Studios® and Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park, standard theme park parking and the freedom to visit multiple parks on the same day for a period of one (1) year starting with the date of first use of this Ticket. Also includes unlimited digital downloads of photos taken during the One (1) year period and linked to the guest's Disney account.
Includes admission to the Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, Disney's Hollywood Studios® and Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park, standard theme park parking and the freedom to visit multiple parks on…
Read More…
Sign in
Adult (Ages 10+)

Sign in to see price
Child (Ages 3-9)

Sign in to see price

Includes admission to the Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, Disney's Hollywood Studios®, Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park, Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park, Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park, Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course — greens fee only (tee time reservations are required and subject to availability), ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex (valid only on event days; some events require an additional admission charge); standard theme park parking; and the freedom to visit multiple parks on the same day for a period of one (1) year starting with the date of first use of this Ticket. Also includes unlimited digital downloads of photos taken during the One (1) year period and linked to the guest's Disney account.
Includes admission to the Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, Disney's Hollywood Studios®, Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park, Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park, Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park,…
Read More…
Sign in
The platinum pass is $924.78 with tax if you’re signed in as a Sam’s Club member. The DisneyFoodBlog post linked by a PP has a screenshot of the members’ price before tax.

The platinum pass is $924.78 with tax if you’re signed in as a Sam’s Club member. The DisneyFoodBlog post linked by a PP has a screenshot of the members’ price before tax.

I'm not a Sam's Club member so I guess I can't see that. Also I don't need a platinum pass, the gold works fine for me and it now will cost me $699 through Disney so it's still cheaper for me to buy from Disney.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter