Sam's Club cheaper than DVC annual pass - WHAT???

I'm not a Sam's Club member so I guess I can't see that. Also I don't need a platinum pass, the gold works fine for me and it now will cost me $699 through Disney so it's still cheaper for me to buy from Disney.

Thanks!
I feel the same way. I currently have a Platinum Plus pass that will expire in October. I got it when they were offering Platinum Plus for the price of Gold back in 2017. During the 3 visits that I’ve made/will make this year, only one day fell n the Gold blackout dates and I’ve never gone to a water park. A Platinum pass probably wouldn’t be worth the extra cost for me. Besides, if I do end up going during a blackout period, there are ways to work around this.

I could buy a MYW ticket at a discount from UT, use it during the blackout period and then upgrade to a Gold AP once the blackout period is over.

I can purchase a Gold AP and upgrade to Platinum if and when needed.

But mostly, I just avoid the blackout periods.

I am a current AP holder and just joined DVC so I don't have many options other than direct. I am Platinum and I will probably stay with that even though are now "blue card" DVC owners.

My current doesnt expire until December.

FL Resident passes & DVC Member passes are SEPARATE entries in Disney's ticketing system. The validation requirements at activation are different.
Not suggesting your wrong, just wondering how you know this? Have you tried this before? The Disney World site has them listed as one "Florida resident and DVC Gold pass" and someone else had posted a gold pass is a gold pass.

Not suggesting your wrong, just wondering how you know this? Have you tried this before? The Disney World site has them listed as one "Florida resident and DVC Gold pass" and someone else had posted a gold pass is a gold pass.
The information about them being separate comes from CMs that work in ticketing at WDW.

Also, it clearly shows in MDE:

As for a Gold Pass being a Gold Pass, that's true when it comes to USAGE only. For activation requirements, they are VERY different passes.

Am I the only one that thinks that DVC members should continue to always have the best price for annual passes. Based on the new Sam's Club deal it is cheaper to buy my passes through them then DVC. If they are going to offer Sam's that price then they should offer DVC less. Just my opinion.

That is old inventory that they had prior to the last increase. It's no different than any ticket broker that has inventory that they purchased prior to an increase and instead of jumping right on the increase and pocketing even more they continue to sell it at the price they feel makes sense. FMPOV I think it's quite refreshing they don't just bump it up for a larger profit. You can sign up to be a member with them for the better pricing that is available until it's all sold.

That is old inventory that they had prior to the last increase. It's no different than any ticket broker that has inventory that they purchased prior to an increase and instead of jumping right on the increase and pocketing even more they continue to sell it at the price they feel makes sense. FMPOV I think it's quite refreshing they don't just bump it up for a larger profit. You can sign up to be a member with them for the better pricing that is available until it's all sold.
So I bought the Platinum AP last week at the price before the recent increase... saved over $500 on 2 APs. I am now wondering if I should buy 2 more for the following year... there will probably be another increase next year. Could I buy multiple APs and use them year by year??? Thoughts????

So I bought the Platinum AP last week at the price before the recent increase... saved over $500 on 2 APs. I am now wondering if I should buy 2 more for the following year... there will probably be another increase next year. Could I buy multiple APs and use them year by year??? Thoughts????

You can do that. The question is how many $$$’s you want to tie up in APs.

You can do that. The question is how many $$$’s you want to tie up in APs.
My brother just had me purchase 3 Platinum Plus APs for him from Sam’s (he’s not a member). The OOP cost was almost $3100. That’s a lot to dole out at one time. But I won’t judge. I upgraded 3 MYW passes to Gold AP vouchers before the October price increase.

We checked today on the Sam's club site and didnt see anymore annual passes for sale.

We checked today on the Sam's club site and didnt see anymore annual passes for sale.
They sold out of the stock that they had at the old price. When they do get them back in stock, they will be at the new price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!