Samantha Brown made me cry! I have to use coupons again! A 2010 PTR~

I'm hooked. I read your PTR right before we left for WDW in Jan, but didn't post. Now I long to start planning again, but that might not be til our 10 yr anniversary trip in May, 2011.

I really can't wait for your Post report at WL. I would think that is the most magical place at Christmas. I can't wait to do WDW at that time of year again.

My 2 cents about ADR, we love CA Grill, but haven't tried Narcoossee's. Did Chef Mickey's with our almost DS almost 2 and DD6. It was ok. LOVED La Cellier for dinner. It will definitely be on our repeat list next time.

Hi there! You had me from Samantha Brown! :) you have a great trip shaping up so far and your wish list ADR's sound great!!

Tracy

I am herrreeeee...

Looks like your family will be staying at WL at the same time as we are. Maybe we might run into each other. I'll make sure to have my LGMH tag with me.

Dining at Disney is always a lot of work. We already have a list of restaurant we want to eat. It's a matter of making all the logistical arrangement so we can visit the parks according to our ADR. That's always a challenge.

Here are a few of my take on the restaurant.

Coral Reef - I thought that was a great restaurant. I know it had mix review but the large fish tank in front of the restaurant is a must see for me. It's quiet a site. Their steak if pretty good too and the Jack Daniel chocolate moose is the bomb.

'Ohana - great character breakfast and awesome dinner. They also have the character parade for breakfast. Their BBQ shrimp & wings for dinner are the best.

Mama Melrose - it's okay but then again I am not that big of Italian food also. I am not a cheese fan but DW like it.

Rainforest Cafe - This was a surprise for me. We went to both AK and the DTD in 2005. AK for lunch and DTD for breakfast. Both were better than very good.

Sci Fi - okay at best. It's a little too dark for me. We like 50's Prime Time Cafe much better.

WWC - I never have a bad meal there but heard many many negative review from other people. Their waitresses are very "different". Some time they do go overboard. MT Wallet (the waitress stage name there) is probably the most grumpy waitress you can find there. I thought she was hysterical since I know it's all an act. Some people doesn't find it funny. I have seen some nicer waitresses there as well. Their Kahula flavor chocolate cake is my favorite desert next to Yak & Yeti's mango pie.

Some of the restaurant we will definitely try is California Grill, Le Cellier and Cindy's table.

Subbin'
Sounds like ya'll are going to have a great time!

Le Cellier: I love it there, the steak is delicious
Chef Mickey's: We ate there for dinner before, for our upcoming trip we'll be eating there for breakfast
Crystal Palace: We ate there for dinner and liked it. I bet breakfast would be better
Mama Melrose: The food was good, the pizza was some of the best I've ever had
1900 Park Fare: We had dinner here. The character interatctions were GREAT. The stepsisters are halarious
'Ohana: Ate here for dinner. It's my favorite TS. The food is just amazing! For our upcoming trip we're trying breakfast here

You are hilarious. I just want to say I am so glad you found my TR. I had seen the title to your PTR before and thought to myself that I was wanting to read your PTR. Then somehow I became sidetracked.:confused3 (I just dont know how that happens with kids) and lost the PTR. When I saw the link to your PTR in your siggie on my TR, I was so excited. Now, if that hasn't confused you enough, I will continue on with my nonsense.

I printed off the menu's for our last trip so that my kids would not be eating the same thing everyday. I guess it didn't matter because as you can tell from my TR, my kids still wanted to eat hot dogs almost every meal. :sad2: At least printing the menu's helped me with my decision. It takes me forever to decide what I am going to get. I mean, you only get one choice off the whole menu and what if you are disappointed with the one you pick? It is so nerve wrecking for me to choose. DH always gets steak where ever we go, but I like to choose new things. Half the time I end up thinking to myself that I should have been like DH and stuck to steak. You never go wrong with a good piece of meat.:thumbsup2

I must say that your son is so funny. I like all his poses in his pictures. I especially like the one of him being a cool dude with the sunglasses. Your DD is BEAUTIFUL! She looks so much older than two! My two year old DD was sitting in my lap while I was reading your PTR, and she said to me, " mom that little girl is my best friend. She is coming over to my house to play with me. " She asked me her name and I told her Lorelai. The next thing I know she has one of her dolls out and has named her Lorelai.

A lot of us have Ethan's. I have an Ethan, you have an Ethan, and I think that Ethansmom probably has an Ethan. Too funny. My Ethan is almost five, your Ethan is five, and I am not sure how old the other Ethan is.

Ethansmom, if you read this, how old is your Ethan?

You are hilarious. I just want to say I am so glad you found my TR. I had seen the title to your PTR before and thought to myself that I was wanting to read your PTR. Then somehow I became sidetracked.:confused3 (I just dont know how that happens with kids) and lost the PTR. When I saw the link to your PTR in your siggie on my TR, I was so excited. Now, if that hasn't confused you enough, I will continue on with my nonsense.

I printed off the menu's for our last trip so that my kids would not be eating the same thing everyday. I guess it didn't matter because as you can tell from my TR, my kids still wanted to eat hot dogs almost every meal. :sad2: At least printing the menu's helped me with my decision. It takes me forever to decide what I am going to get. I mean, you only get one choice off the whole menu and what if you are disappointed with the one you pick? It is so nerve wrecking for me to choose. DH always gets steak where ever we go, but I like to choose new things. Half the time I end up thinking to myself that I should have been like DH and stuck to steak. You never go wrong with a good piece of meat.:thumbsup2

I must say that your son is so funny. I like all his poses in his pictures. I especially like the one of him being a cool dude with the sunglasses. Your DD is BEAUTIFUL! She looks so much older than two! My two year old DD was sitting in my lap while I was reading your PTR, and she said to me, " mom that little girl is my best friend. She is coming over to my house to play with me. " She asked me her name and I told her Lorelai. The next thing I know she has one of her dolls out and has named her Lorelai.

A lot of us have Ethan's. I have an Ethan, you have an Ethan, and I think that Ethansmom probably has an Ethan. Too funny. My Ethan is almost five, your Ethan is five, and I am not sure how old the other Ethan is.

Yay! I am so glad you came over! I love your TR! Your kids are TOO adorable and I just love your daughters curls! She is gonna be well protected with all her big brothers!

My kids are convinced that every kid they see online that is at Disney World IS them. DS has about a dozen versions of himself running around WDW at any given time, lol. Not sure if you have saw natale1980's TR yet (it is great!) but my son is CONVINCED that he is in her videos. :rolleyes1 Anything to be at Disney World I guess!

DD does look older than her age... not sure how that will play out. Most of the time it is just the angle of the picture. LOL I am having a hard time admitting that she will be no longer a baby in only a couple days... my little princess is turning 3 on Friday! :lovestruc

These pics were taken about a month apart at the beginning of last spring and I think she sooo much younger in one than the other.

kiddos-1.jpg

kids3.jpg

There are a lot of Ethan's around the same age on here! Ethanmom's son is 4, lol. We should let them all set up a Dis meet for themselves, lol. popcorn:: Donald Duck would be invited of course!

Subscribing! I love your sense of humor! :lmao: I am new at these boards and am only planning our very first trip to WDW. I love reading people's plans, tips, suggestions, etc. I get teary just looking at the planning video and I can see that I could easliy become a WDW addict! We are going in 6 weeks and I am already talking to DH about going on another trip. ;) He said MAYBE in another 5 years. I am hoping this trip will change his mind!

I went to WDW when I was 5, but don't really remember a whole lot and he went a couple times when he was younger as well. Our three kids have never been and my younger two have never even been on an airplane. This is going ot be one big adventure! :)

My Ethan is 4, he will be 5 in September.

There are a lot of Ethan's around the same age on here! Ethanmom's son is 4, lol. We should let them all set up a Dis meet for themselves, lol. popcorn:: Donald Duck would be invited of course!

The pics of your kids are precious!! :goodvibes That would be the best Dis meet ever with all the Ethan's :rotfl2:
~Jen

Subbing popcorn::

Just wanted to ask if I can live through you until our next trip. :rotfl: It will be a while before we go again but I have vowed that our next trip will be at Christmas time to see the decorations and that we will stay WL with bunk beds.

I'm here! You are just going to LOVE the WL at christmas time. It is so gorgeous and magical!! :lovestruc We went for thanksgiving and there is nothing like Disney at christmas time! I'm writing a trip report for it link is in my sig. if you're interested!
Happy belated birthday to your princess!:lovestruc Your kids are adorable. I'm so jealous that you have Dxdp. (hope I abbreviated it right)
T-Rex: We will be paying oop for this meal (hopefully with the help of giftcards from MyPoints) but I can't wait for DS and DD to see the inside. They love the Rainforest Cafe here and we are Safari club members so that will give us a discount.

Akershus: We had lunch last trip but I am hoping for a breakfast this trip.
California Grill: one of our anniversary meal options
or
Narcoossee's: probably the option we will choose, I really want to eat here!!
Le Cellier: Com'n who doesn't want a steak??
Chef Mickey's: This is ONLY if we do not get a Tusker House Breakfast! We were not impressed with it last time!
Cindy's Table: Not sure which meal yet but I heard somewhere Dinner was turning in to a Princess meal as well...
Coral Reef: Probably not going to happen, depends on how many days we decide to spend at Epcot
Crystal Palace: We LOVED breakfast here and getting in the park early!
Garden Grill: Again depends on how many Epcot days we plan
Mama Melrose: We are hoping to get a Fantasmic package!!
1900 Park Fare: Not sure about this one, I want dinner, DH wants BFest again... all depends
'Ohana: would love to eat here!
Plaza: since we spend so much time in MK, a good resting ADR
Sci-Fi: Really want to experience it!
Tusker House: This is a must, we missed it last time!

About your dining choices:
T-rex-at there twice now and the kids love it (and DH). It is more for the place then the actual food. I would get a burger there or maybe just dessert.
Lecellier- I've heard both good things and bad things about it but free steak how could you not?
Askerhaus- DD will love it. Food is pretty good.
Garden Grill- Worst place I've ever ate at. Garden Mickey is cute but the food... ugh.
CM- Is our favorite character meal in property. It's so magical. Did you eat dinner there last trip? B-fast is much better.
TH- In may we had an ADR for 20 minutes before it closed. The food looked great but it so isn't worth 80$ for a 20 minute meal.
Sci Fi- Ate there this trip. Where else could you eat in a car. My food was o.k. The kids' tomato soap from the kids' menu was to die for.
The others I haven't eaten at before. All the meals at Cindy's are now with all the princesses.
Subbing

I'm here! You are just going to LOVE the WL at christmas time. It is so gorgeous and magical!! :lovestruc We went for thanksgiving and there is nothing like Disney at christmas time! I'm writing a trip report for it link is in my sig. if you're interested!
Happy belated birthday to your princess!:lovestruc Your kids are adorable. I'm so jealous that you have Dxdp. (hope I abbreviated it right)
T-Rex: We will be paying oop for this meal (hopefully with the help of giftcards from MyPoints) but I can't wait for DS and DD to see the inside. They love the Rainforest Cafe here and we are Safari club members so that will give us a discount.

Akershus: We had lunch last trip but I am hoping for a breakfast this trip.
California Grill: one of our anniversary meal options
or
Narcoossee's: probably the option we will choose, I really want to eat here!!
Le Cellier: Com'n who doesn't want a steak??
Chef Mickey's: This is ONLY if we do not get a Tusker House Breakfast! We were not impressed with it last time!
Cindy's Table: Not sure which meal yet but I heard somewhere Dinner was turning in to a Princess meal as well...
Coral Reef: Probably not going to happen, depends on how many days we decide to spend at Epcot
Crystal Palace: We LOVED breakfast here and getting in the park early!
Garden Grill: Again depends on how many Epcot days we plan
Mama Melrose: We are hoping to get a Fantasmic package!!
1900 Park Fare: Not sure about this one, I want dinner, DH wants BFest again... all depends
'Ohana: would love to eat here!
Plaza: since we spend so much time in MK, a good resting ADR
Sci-Fi: Really want to experience it!
Tusker House: This is a must, we missed it last time!

About your dining choices:
T-rex-at there twice now and the kids love it (and DH). It is more for the place then the actual food. I would get a burger there or maybe just dessert.
Lecellier- I've heard both good things and bad things about it but free steak how could you not?
Askerhaus- DD will love it. Food is pretty good.
Garden Grill- Worst place I've ever ate at. Garden Mickey is cute but the food... ugh.
CM- Is our favorite character meal in property. It's so magical. Did you eat dinner there last trip? B-fast is much better.
TH- In may we had an ADR for 20 minutes before it closed. The food looked great but it so isn't worth 80$ for a 20 minute meal.
Sci Fi- Ate there this trip. Where else could you eat in a car. My food was o.k. The kids' tomato soap from the kids' menu was to die for.
The others I haven't eaten at before. All the meals at Cindy's are now with all the princesses.
Subbing

Thanks for joining in! I am going to read your TR right now! I love TR's!!!

We loved CM for the character interaction but dinner was AWFUL and made DH and I sick. The breakfast was better but we were weary from dinner. LOL

I am thinking of trying to fit a different ADR into Epcot instead of Garden Grill, maybe San Angel Inn but I am not sure.

Aww great pictures!! Your kids are just adorable! And how funny that they think the pictures of kids at DIsney are them!!

Aww great pictures!! Your kids are just adorable! And how funny that they think the pictures of kids at DIsney are them!!

They are funny kids!

DS was holding one of DD's princesses the other day and he looks down at it and shakes his head. I ask him what was wrong and he said "I don't think we'll EVER go back to Disney World." It broke my heart! We know that Disney World meant as much to both of them as it did to us and that is why we are working so hard to get there again this year. I almost wish we could tell them now but so much could happen and it is a very long wait for a two preschoolers!

First of all, I'm a Samantha Brown fanatic as well so I completely understand the need to be in Disney at holiday time after that last special. I could watch her Disney shows every day. :thumbsup2

You're going to have to post pictures of WL and all the awesome CL stuff you get to do and see! :) I was kinda torn between WL and the S/D but my college student budget won out in the end lol. The whole place seems fantastic though and should be even more so with the CL stuff!

As for restaurants, I saw you were looking at Narcoosee's for your anniversary dinner and I figured I'd give you my two cents. Last Feb I went there with the boyfriend for our one nice dinner of the trip and it was phenomenal. Without knowing it we had reservations and we got there right before Wishes. Since Narcoosee's is on the water at GF, and it had a deck, we could stand outside and watch the fireworks and they even play the music and accompaniment to Wishes that is playing at the park I believe, as it all coincided nicely. To top it all off, we could watch the electrical water parade around the lake as well. It was really an awesome experience. Beyond all that, the food was amazing as well. I would not hesitate to go back.

:) I can't wait to read more of your planning info! It all looks great so far!

Sorry I haven't updated in a while but things have been a bit crazy in my neck of the woods. The kiddos had their birthday party last week so hopefully things calm down and return to a symbolence of normal soon, lol.

Updates on the Disney front are exciting!!!!!!!!! And Confusing!!!!! LOL

We made a trip to the Woodfield Mall last night and took the kids to eat at Rainforest Cafe (which scared Lorelai this time for some reason) and a stop in the Lego and Disney Stores. Which by the way I have to mention a quick story about the Lego store. This Lego store is ALOT smaller than the one at Disney but they have the same "deals" where you can fill a cup or box with legos or build little guys. We were NOT fans of the cup on our last tirp but while we were at the Lego store yesterday there was a man who was buying the $150 box for Legos. He was committed! Which I would be too if I was plopping down $150 for them! He had his box about 1/4 filled and was attaching each lego in long strips before stacking them neatly in the box. I am positive he ended up fitting thousands into the box!

Since I had requested DVC info online and never recieved it I decided to stop by the DVC kiosk "quickly" and ask for more info (i.e. a DVD) and found out they could fit us in for a tour! Woohoo! We had about 30 mins before the tour so we headed to the Disney store to pick up a few things. (Really... how much money has Disney made off of us in the last 2 years???)

After a we dropped the kids off in the kid's club (which they didn't want to leave) we (mostly I) enjoyed a nice long sales pitch that left me wanting to turn over our savings to the nice cast member. LOL

We are concidering very strongly buying into DVC!! It is a huge commitment but we would hate to think back in a few years and calculate how much of a DVC we could have paid off with the trips we made. LOL

Thoughts???? Comments?????

We are concidering very strongly buying into DVC!! It is a huge commitment but we would hate to think back in a few years and calculate how much of a DVC we could have paid off with the trips we made. LOL

Thoughts???? Comments?????

It's funny that you would say this. I just got back from a week at Disney, and of course, at some point had the television on the Disney info. channels in the room. The DVC lady was saying how membership could pay for itself in just seven visits. I thought to myself, "I should have bought back during our first visit in 2001. We've made nine trips since then, so I'd have it paid for!" ;)

Hi Sara! Your title pulled me in... I LOVE Samantha Brown and she makes me cry all the time! I love her Disney specials most (especially back when she did Great Hotels), but i'll watch anything she's in. Best job ever!

I understand your overplanning! I am the same way. Good thing we booked only recently for our trip next month because if I had 10 months to plan I think I would go nuts.

You have some of my favorite restaurants in mind!! As for California Grill VS Narcoossees, I have to vote CG. I think it's the best meal i've had on property and that view is absolutely priceless. So magical...:wizard:

As for your flights, you should check out farecast.com - after you put your travel dates in, it tells you whether to buy now or wait. It's a great site that has helped us save a ton. Another great site is farecompare.com. So helpful!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter