Sailor, 2 retired, and an 8-year-old Boy Dream (BACK!!!)

WOO HOO Document dance YEAh buddy!!! bUT i HEAR ya on having to do it in secrecy I hate that LOL it almost takes the thrill out of it LOL.

We wore jeans everynight also except for "formal" night thats the one nite that I make my mens dress up for 2-3 hours.

Will you be dressing up for pirate night? I have always wanted to but dont wanna take ANOTHER set of clothes, so we just wore pirate tshirts and eye patches.

WOO HOO Document dance YEAh buddy!!! bUT i HEAR ya on having to do it in secrecy I hate that LOL it almost takes the thrill out of it LOL. Almost but not quite!!! I am not good at keeping secrets so I just pray I can keep this one.

We wore jeans everynight also except for "formal" night thats the one nite that I make my mens dress up for 2-3 hours.

Will you be dressing up for pirate night? I have always wanted to but dont wanna take ANOTHER set of clothes, so we just wore pirate tshirts and eye patches. Well kinda, Probably some shirts, eye patches and things like that. Nothing too big. PLus I have to sneak it.

:)

Gotta love summer vacation!!! My son is throwing a 2 year old fit right now :scared1: because he got stuck on a video game. He refuses to sleep in but wants to stay up. It is the part I hate about being a mom. Trying to stay calm and all I want to do is run out of the house far far away for some peace and quiet. Thank goodness there are some darn right wonderful moments :love: being a mom that you soon forget the other stuff.

Yesterday I worked on our count down calendar. It is counting down until the day we leave so it is a little shorter then the cruise day. One of my fellow cruisers on this trip used the tags with hers so I want to thank her for the idea. I just modified it to what I had around the house

a0c3db96.jpg

a6d3b7df.jpg

Finally excursions, I did not know what to do in the Bahamas. I looked at independent guides, DCL stuff and read another forum (CC) on information on the Bahamas.

First Looked at the Zoo. Sounded fun, small and cheap. Right up our alley. But a little boring.

Then I looked at the trip that has a submerged glass bottom. I forgot what it is called. I read some reviews and people complained that is wasn't that great and a few got sea sick. And it cost more then the Zoo.

I Looked at Blue Lagoon stuff and the prices are high but most activities were rated highly and people seemed to love the excursions. I am "thrifty" by nature so I checked some outside vendors. The prices were better BUT there were terrible reviews on them. DO YOUR RESEARCH on those companies before you give them your credit card number!!! Nuff said.

I know that I a minority here but...I can't logically pay a ton money for something I can do at home. We have great water parks here in Indiana so why pay that much money for one in the Bahamas.

http://www.holidayworld.com/

Castaway Cay was an easy decision. We are going to do the sting ray excursion at 9am in the morning!!! Hope the water is warm!!! All reviews were great especially for kids. DH and I did the one in Grand Cayman which was an event of a life time. We remembered kids screaming and crying when they saw those sting rays coming close to them. I think for a kid under 10, CC is the place to do it.

We have picked our Bahamas excursion and it will be......

Hello everyone!!!!

I have to say that Bahama excursions are not my favorites :sad1:. Or should I say that they aren't enough for me to choose from :confused3. I have been on 4 other cruises and it seems like there was more to choose from. Grand Cayman is a flat island but has tons for family things to do and same with Cozumel. I kinda felt boxed in on what to do. Zoo or Dolphin excursion with about a $60 difference in price per person . (remember, I am thrifty LOL)

Eventually I picked the Dolphin encounter excursion. Mainly because this will probably be one of the few trips that I have my kids together with me as a family. My DSD is all grown up and may decide to spend her vacations doing something else. So I wanted great memories for everyone in our family. Especially my kids. There is a 16 year age gap, so they haven't really even lived in the same house for a long time.
Here is the description from their web site.

On the Dolphin Encounter float, you will stand on a waist-deep submerged platform and experience a heart-warming kiss, a hug, a dance and opportunities to rub down the dolphin. Your dolphin trainer will combine elements of hands-on contact, education, fun, laughter, and adventure to make this an unforgettable experience. While you enjoy your Dolphin Encounter and learn about the dolphin habitat you will also be in the midst of one of the finest natural attractions in the Bahamas.

Because I was late signing up for this trip, I didn't have a good choice for time slots. We got the 12:45 time to get on the boat for the trip over to Blue Lagoon.
thumbnail.aspx

thumbnail.aspx

Then I saw that they has these:

aquapark1.jpg

aquapark3.jpg

Soooooo, I emailed Blue Lagoon and asked if we could arrive early and hit the Aquapark. They said "sure, for a $15 pp charge". And the thrifty me was like "what" :eek:, I am paying $98 bucks per person already. But I just can't see getting there and not being able to play on those things. My son would go nuts just to do that!!!!!;) I think we will just decide that morning whether or not we go early. :thumbsup2

I think that is it for now. :goodvibes:goodvibes

We did the Atlantis waterpark when we went to Nassau and im with you NOT worth it when I have a water park near by. BUT we had done a lot of other things and thought that would be right up the kids alley.. it was but once was enough. lol

Im with you on not wanting to pay the extra for the stuff, you figure it should just be included but thats how they get us tourist LOL.

BTW love the countdown!

We did the Atlantis waterpark when we went to Nassau and im with you NOT worth it when I have a water park near by. BUT we had done a lot of other things and thought that would be right up the kids alley.. it was but once was enough. lol

If we go to Nassua a few more times, we might end up going to by default.

Im with you on not wanting to pay the extra for the stuff, you figure it should just be included but thats how they get us tourist LOL.

BTW love the countdown! Thanks, I am not crafty, so it was a long project for me :lmao:

:goodvibes

PASSPORT ARRIVAL. :dance3::dance3:

We applied for DS passport about three weeks ago and just got it in the mail today!!!!:banana::banana:

For those of you who haven't gotten your kids a passport yet here are some hints.
1- Both parents have to go to apply for it. Check when they actually do passports too. Our post office only does it between 10-2. Nice huh? So we had to make sure DH wasn't working and my son had to be taken out of school.

2- If you put on your application that your next trip is to the bahamas, and it is a surprise, MAKE SURE you give the person who is taking the application a heads up. My secret was almost blown at that exact point. She was asking him, who his parents were and questions of the like. Then she said, "where are you going on vacation" to DS. I interupted and said to visit his sister. (wink wink, ;)). Phew!!!! Close one.

Still deciding on the pirate costumes, T-shirts, or whatever. I would love to make something cool for us, but it is summer vacation. And I am having a hard time carving out some time when my DS is not around. And I put a self imposed 2 hour limit on blue screen activities in the summer time. I guess I have to follow that one too!!! Number 1 parent mistake I always make, never make a rule that punishes you too. :laughing:

As my 2 hours limit is coming up, I have to sign off!!!!:mad:

HA hate when people almsot spoil the surprize. lol

I found images off the computer and printed them on iron on paper then ironed them on tshirts. was done in minutes. (and it wont cut into most of your blue screen time LMAO)

BTW that is a great idea. I might have to implament that for my kids (kids only LMAO)

It was tough for DS to get used to it. The TV was such a habit. But we are into day 6 and he has been able to get engage in other things longer. He is painting and drawing more now. I am glad I did it!

Really enjoying your PTR. We are taking our first DCL cruise in 2013 but surprised DS with our last cruise. It was so fun to see his face when we told him :)

Really enjoying your PTR. We are taking our first DCL cruise in 2013 but surprised DS with our last cruise. It was so fun to see his face when we told him :)

Thanks pooksma!! I can't wait to see my sons face!!!! I will be total nerd mom with the camera in his face. LOL:cool1:

Lucky us, my DH got another day off of work. :cool1::cool1::cool1: The ride home plan is complete. We are going to drop off my DSD in Jacksonville and then proceed to Spartenburg SC. We will stay the night and head to Gatlinburg TN and go to DOLLYWOOD. We love it there. I had a great time there a few years back. :) I love this park because it is clean, they have family rides and the food is really good. That will be the last day of trip. Then we will have to do the duffle bag drag back to Indiana. BOOOOO>:headache::headache:

That is it for now. Will do more later. I just got back from Holiday World and I have had a blast!!!! I will tell you all about it next.

I cannot believe how fast the past three weeks have gone by. I surely meant to post at least a few more times before we left. :confused3:confused3:confused3 Oh well. !!!

The packing has begun and is almost over.

fef8bd8a.jpg

Not the Best photo, but this is my guest room turned packing station. What a mess.

4f66b76b.jpg

This is my son's zip lock bags. I learned this on the disboards many years ago and have been eternity thankful for this tip. Each bag has one days worth of clothes. The only thing he needs to do is grab and bag and put the stuff on. :laughing: Unfortunately he is growing up and becoming more picky about clothes. So I also pack a few alternative choices. But they are in a different bag. The bags also help you keep matching clothes together. Have you ever had the last day of clothes be a pair of shorts and a shirt that don't match!!! It could happen. I am just sayin':rolleyes1.

I tried to finish packing the other day and there was this barnacle attached to me that wouldn't get off!!!
3f7734a8.jpg

I think my legs were numb.

So we decided to watch this instead of packing!!

74e86e78.jpg

We didn't go over the top with Pirate gear. We are wearing strip shirts that we already had, with an eye patch, ear rings and a bandana. All where bought at Party City.
e9c4ae09.jpg

And for those of you wondering what my DSD looks like, here is the best photo I could find!!:lmao::lmao: Just kidden, but it is funny. She is in the pink.

Disney2011087.jpg

We are two days away from leaving!!!!! Today we hit Target for the last time for that last minute stuff. I can't believe how much it cost to go on vacation!!! And we haven't even gotten there. But I believe we are mission complete.

The car gets cleaned out tomorrow and packed on Tuesday!!!!:cool1::cool1:

As luck should have it, I am fighting a sinus infection also. I am one of those chronic sinus people that have to do weeks of antibiotics. I have done two Z packs back to back and still am a hurting unit. :sick::sick: I also have nerve damage on my right side from sinus surgery. But what the heck...I am going on the cruise!!!:dance3::dance3::dance3: Who cares?

I am not sure if I will update before I go, so I will see everyone on the other side with a review!!!!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::):):):)

That picture of Scott is soo funny on TOT!!!

He is about to puke!!!! :thumbsup2
I need to find the one where his 72 year old dad was on it!!!

BACK>>>>>>
Excellent time. Look for my TR in the TR section....
I will start later today.

Any questions, ask away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter