Sad....so very, very sad....

jpeka65844

DIS Veteran
Anyone else feel a gut-wrenching pain when they mention the podcast cruise? Only for the fact that you can't go??? I skip the portions on the show, and I avoid the threads like crazy!

It's painful Roundtable! :scared: :sad: :rolleyes2

You guys are going to have so much fun! When's the next one Pete? Maybe I can get on that one!!! :yay:

Sometimes. Especially when they talk about how much fun it's gonna be blah blah blah. :sad1: I want my DD's 1st cruise to be a Disney one. We'll get on there one day.

Nope... not at all. :rolleyes1 Maybe that's because we're *booked* on that cruise?? <grin>

I felt exactly the same way...before. So I won't rub it in TOO much.
I wish everyone could go...(see, I'm not mean like Debbie)

I was all set to book it until I saw the dates. As a teacher they tend to frown on people taking vacations during the school year:sad: :sad: :sad:

I am insanely jealous and I want to go (is there a smilely for a kicking and screaming temper tantrum?)

Maybe if I win a free cruise my principal will have pity on me and let me go:scratchin hmmmm, now how can I make that work??:rotfl2:

Two people in a category 10 stateroom $1542.96 (currently)

Round trip transfers from Orlando Internation to Port Canaveral for two $138.00

Two round trip airfare from XXXXX to OIA $700.00 (approximately...give or take)

There are 63 weeks until the Podcast Cruise. That works out to approximately $37 per week.

Or $5.38 per day.

I was all set to book it until I saw the dates. As a teacher they tend to frown on people taking vacations during the school year:sad: :sad: :sad:

I am insanely jealous and I want to go (is there a smilely for a kicking and screaming temper tantrum?)

Maybe if I win a free cruise my principal will have pity on me and let me go:scratchin hmmmm, now how can I make that work??:rotfl2:

Also a teacher Jacksmom! I'm in the same boat! I'm thinking if I WIN one, then HR will forgive me.

And I'd probably have to go solo b/c DH won't cruise. Unless DCL goes to Alaska.

So I'm planning on doing the College Program from January to August of 2009. Do you think Disney will give me 5 days off to go on the cruise? It's not like they're losing any money! I've never been in an inside room...but I'm willing to book a cat. 12!

I totally, totally know how you feel!! We get 3 personal leave days a year, so that time of year is a no go for me, too. :sad1:

So I'm planning on doing the College Program from January to August of 2009. Do you think Disney will give me 5 days off to go on the cruise? It's not like they're losing any money! I've never been in an inside room...but I'm willing to book a cat. 12!

As long as you don't tell them why you need the time off...they don't exactly like us (and I love it!).

Pete

Yeah I don't like hearing about it now because we aren't booked yet. This could very well be our first cruise with three children (due in August) and that Cat 4 price is a little steep. I'm still working on the wifey, but it shouldn't be too hard to convince her. It's just a matter of her letting me put down the deposit since we might be going in May and possibly Nov when the new baby is old enough.

Yeah I don't like hearing about it now because we aren't booked yet. This could very well be our first cruise with three children (due in August) and that Cat 4 price is a little steep. I'm still working on the wifey, but it shouldn't be too hard to convince her. It's just a matter of her letting me put down the deposit since we might be going in May and possibly Nov when the new baby is old enough.

Lol i booked space for a baby we havent even concieved yet ....you never know right :thumbsup2

I am in the same boat.:lmao: You took the words right out of my mouth!

May isn't a good time for me to take off - and DH absolutely couldn't go then. I plan to enjoy the cruise vicariously through every one who is going - and hope for podmeets, podcast audiences, and a second podcast cruise in a month that would work better for me.

Kathy

I can't go either!! As a younger working stiff I only get a few days off a year and I am using most of them to go to Disney in September.

We already went on a Disney Cruise and DH hasn't been to Disney World yet, so that is where are priorities are right now...

At least we get to go to Disney this year - that's something. Though, Kevin is making it very tempting with the $5 a day suggestion.

I agree...the prices are high for us...we need a 4 too. May right at the end of the school year isn't great either. We usually cruise during school, but at the beginning of the year (late Sept.) when it is cheap, cheap, cheap. (Okay it's never cheap...but less so than other times;) I have no $$$ for deposit until next Feb, either (have to use all we've saved for this next cruise).

Does anyone think there will be any rooms left next year??? We *could* possibly go when we get next years' Tax return $$$...but wil there be anything left...:confused3 And by then it will be even more expensive...sigh :sad1:

I agree...the prices are high for us...we need a 4 too. May right at the end of the school year isn't great either. We usually cruise during school, but at the beginning of the year (late Sept.) when it is cheap, cheap, cheap. (Okay it's never cheap...but less so than other times;) I have no $$$ for deposit until next Feb, either (have to use all we've saved for this next cruise).

Does anyone think there will be any rooms left next year??? We *could* possibly go when we get next years' Tax return $$$...but wil there be anything left...:confused3 And by then it will be even more expensive...sigh :sad1:

Great idea using the tax refund! We gotta rebuild the economy one cruise at a time! :thumbsup2

Anyone else feel a gut-wrenching pain when they mention the podcast cruise? Only for the fact that you can't go??? I skip the portions on the show, and I avoid the threads like crazy!

It's painful Roundtable! :scared: :sad: :rolleyes2

You guys are going to have so much fun! When's the next one Pete? Maybe I can get on that one!!! :yay:

If you want to really rub salt in the wound, the Podcast staff is going because it is part of their "job". :goodvibes

Can you imagine your boss telling you "Okay, you need to required to take a cruise because it is in your job description and you will be reprimanded if you don't show up! "

Oy... where can I apply for a job that makes me take a Cruise?????? :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter