Running...

Not so good here either. :( I was up to 2 1/2-3 miles at a time but now I can barely make it past 1. I feel like I have a lead weight tied to me. I've been stuck at a mile for a couple weeks now. I've been trying to do a mile, then walk some, run a bit more, walk, etc...I'm not giving up!!

I have decided to walk a mini-marathon in October with my sister (its in Indy--are you running it by chance, Indyman?), so that'll give me something to train for. I'd love to run it but don't see anyway that I'll be ready by then, so I'll stick with walking it this year. My sister is sending me a copy of the training plan they used for the Indy 500 mini so I can get busy training. I'm really looking forward to it! And I've got a couple 5Ks lined up for summer/fall. All are walking but one of the fall ones.

I think I will run the half marathon in October. It's a more scenic course and has much fewer participants than the Indy 500 mini. You'll enjoy it.

Hi all! I'm pretty much status quo. I've been running 1 1/4 miles since we last all "talked" and haven't added more. I need to try to add at least another 1/4 mile this week. I have been running every day though. I even got up early and ran this weekend when we had company! I took Monday off.

This morning I got up and wasn't feeling well. I think I'm just exhausted from our busy weekend. I tried to run, but felt very weak so I stopped. Hopefully tomorrow I will get back on track and by next week I'll add another 1/4 mile.

Still at it though!!!

Indyman: Thanks for the link. That couch to 5k program struck my eye. Is there some sort of timer available that you could program to go off at the proper intervals? Running would be hard enough. I don't want to be keeping time, too!!

There are watches, such as the Timex Ironman Triathlon, where you can set a timer and have an alarm go off at any intervals you set. You can but these watches for $15 to $60, depending on other features included.

If you run indoors only, all treadmills will have a built in timer.

Good luck!

Just wondering how everyone is doing? Any updates? I did actually start the Couch to 5K program on that www.coolrunning.com site, and I'm in week 2. I love it!!! Just wanted to let everyone know. Thanks!!

Congrats on your progress. You're doing great. I just recently saw you posting over there and saw you found a cyber running buddy starting the program when you did. When will you be looking for a 5K race to run?

I had to take a one month break from my running due to a strained hamstring. I'm trying to get back into the swing of things and regain the conditioning I lost from the time off.

Thank you Indyman! That is a great site and I'm so glad I found it. Everyone is so supportive and helpful.

Doing a 5K seems like such a pipe dream! LOL! However, if I keep at this, which I plan to do, I can see myself doing one. But, I want to get a little further into this program before I start worrying about that! LOL!

I hope your hamstring is doing better and you start feeling like your old self again. Thankfully I haven't experianced any injury yet!

Thanks for the kind words!

p.s. where do you go to find out about races? (just in case! lol!)

There are several places you can look. Online try http://www.active.com/active/, the coolrunning site also has a calendar. I also found local race organizers who have online race calendars. You can find out about these at local running stores or sporting goods stores. You can also get race calendars by asking local running clubs.

Signing up for a race is great motivation and a wonderful social events.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter