Runners UNITE! We've graduated C25K, so let's keep on going!

Ack- foot trouble! Tell me about it, Kim. That sounds really uncomfortable. My chiropractor cracks a great foot, but as with everything, it kind of depends who you go to. It can make a nearly instant difference to how your foot feels. I'd definitely look into that if it were me. If not that, then massage - that can often help a lot, too. Good idea to take today off. Ice bath, my friend. It's not so bad when it's just the foot.

Kim, it could also be trigger points, probably in your shin - it can cause referred pain in the top of your foot. I'd be happy to use my book to help you track down the right muscle via PM if you want. If that's what it is, it can be a pretty quick cure, too.

Just call me alternative pain woman. :rolleyes:

Kim, it was a few days ago, but yeah the heat does take a toll. You get used to it over a period of about 2 weeks, but it's brutal, even so.

I talked to Katerkat last night and even though she's been recently banned from the DIS, she wanted to let you all know that her lasik surgery went well and she's loving not having to deal with glasses or contacts or anything.

I ran 6.75 miles this morning with the doggie. I decided to save my strength and just WALKED up the worst of the hills. It was a good strategy, I thought and by the time I was finished, I really did have another several miles in me. But it was raining the WHOLE time, the dog and I were both soaked to the skin and it just started raining harder in the moment in which I needed to choose to turn or head back. I headed back. Also figuring it's best at this point not to push it. I'm not going for performance at these races - I just want to finish and get some medals. And not pass out from heat exhaustion. As I finished up mile 2, I thought about how much easier this was than my last run when it was 75 degrees out. I am in SO much trouble. I don't mind the humidity if it's 55 degrees, it's the heat along with it that bothers me.

Great run Corinna. I did my first 6 mile run yesterday in 1:22. :woohoo: I did it at 3:45 in the afternoon. Probably not the best time of day to run that distance, but I was determined to finish. I can't believe I actually ran that far. I probably walked a total of .75 - 1 mile of it though. Trying to figure out how to hydrate myself without carrying two water bottles with me. I carried one yesterday.

BTW, what happened to Kat? :confused3 Sorry that she got banned.

Well, Last night around 8 the top of my right foot started to really hurt. Not sure what in the world it is. :headache: I tried to walk it out around the house, but it hurt much worse. Kind of felt like the bones on the top of my foot needed to be cracked. I don't know how else to describe it. I iced it and took some advil. This morning it feels better - I can walk better on it. But it's still tender (and putting my shoe on and having to wiggle my foot into it hurt bad). So I'm not gonna try to run back-to-back today and tomorrow. I'll head out tomorrow for a run, but today I'm just gonna lay low and hopefully it'll all be good. :thumbsup2

Anyone know if a chiropractor can crack a foot? :confused3 It's a very annoying/painful feeling...all at the same time.

OUCH!!! Take care of yourself. I don't have any idea of what it could be, but it sounds like you are doing the things that I would recommend to do.

Next Weekend Girls!!! :woohoo: Hope you have a great time!!! I'll be there with you in spirit. :goodvibes Plus somebody has to stick around here and keep the place picked up. ;) :rotfl2:

Hi everyone - I graduated from the C25K program a while ago, but I stopped posting there because I am running 3.1 now and doing 3.6 on my LR. I am kind of limited with running, due to two disc herninations in my neck.

I hope to increase my mileage, but it depends on my neck. Any suggestions for training plans for a 10K?

Hey guys. I'm heading out in a couple days. WISH me luck!! :goodvibes

swim-mom...I googled 10k's. There are plenty of plans out there, depending on how many days/week you want to run. Check them out!

Hope y'all are having a great time at the Minnie!!! Sorry I wasn't here to send you off, but RL has really gotten in the way lately.

Allie, I think there has been a lot of life-taking-over going around. I know that's been happening with me a lot. It was a really fun weekend and it was great to get to meet Kim and Stacy from our little group.

Smileyk8 - I'm sorry we seem to have totally missed each other this weekend. I blame myself for napping through the WISH meet. Comes of trying to balance a quick trip for DH and the kids with WISH stuff, I guess. I hope you enjoyed the 15K - seems like you were pretty fast! I wish we had our screen names on the back of our WISH shirts or something.

I haven't even looked at my photos from this weekend yet. LTO again. :rolleyes1

K, you haven't seen the pictures yet. With this camera and running, I only have about a 40% rate of getting the picture I actually was trying for. :lmao:

Hey guys!! Where is everyone? Hopefully making out better than me (injured) :hug: . I'm in a holding pattern with running until I heal my knee and hip a bit.

How's everyone else?? :confused3

Kim, stop me if you've heard this one before: So sorry you're injured again.:hug: I hope that some rest and some ice and eventually some stretching helps get you back to feeling good. I try to use this sparingly - it is habit-forming, you know, but here's some Pixie Dust for you: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

As to where I have been, I guess my journal and the Ohana thread mostly. :confused3 And schlepping the kids around. I ran 4 races in 9 days (though "ran" isn't exactly accurate for the last one, but nevermind) and am now taking a week of recovery. So help me, I'm still feeling wiped out.

Oh, and taking care of my invalid dog running partner. He's doing OK, but sidelined for 4 weeks due to injury. It wasn't caused by running so much as jumping, but even so, he has to rest it for 3 more weeks before he's good to go.

That's about it - anyone else? :wave:

Oh gosh, Kim - I just read over my post and I hope it didn't sound too harsh! I need to put some more smilies and ;) ;) ;) in there, cause I didn't mean to be harsh - you've had a rough ride this year with injury upon injury, and you know you have my deepest empathy on that. :hug:

Hey!

I actually only got home two days ago after the minnie, we made it into our family holiday and included a quick trip to the beach. I think i've avoided jet lag thanks to having to do an early shift yesterday, it made me get up while everyone else stayed in bed :banana: Last night they were all up watching Tv at 04.30am!!!! :rotfl:

Kim so sorry you're injured. Knee and hip's not good! You seem to look after yourself pretty well tho so hopefully you'll be back at it in no time.

Corinna 4 races in 9 days :scared1: you're amazing!!! Regardless of how you feel you did completing 4 is a great achievement and you should feel proud. Are you finding it hard without your run buddy?

I've been getting into WiiFit to help me spend more time stretching. My ITband is ridiculously tight apparently so need to look at that. Went for a great run today: 3.2 miles in light drizzle 12 degrees centigrade... hmm it's good to be back in the UK! Have to shift extra 4 pounds i put on during disney trip despite working out every other day either running or swimming, i must've eaten more than i realised :laughing:

Anyone else popping by? popcorn::

I've been getting into WiiFit to help me spend more time stretching. My ITband is ridiculously tight apparently so need to look at that.

That darn IT band. :headache: That's my problem, unfortunately. Take care of it! :guilty:

That darn IT band. :headache: That's my problem, unfortunately. Take care of it! :guilty:

Kim i'm just not sure how to make this go away! I can keep it at bay for a short run with the band, but after stretching yesterday both sides are sore. Eek. I guess that means the stretches (off youtube) are working tho :thumbsup2 I feel silly going to a sports physio as don't feel that i'm athletic enough but it might be something i try soon.
Hope you're making some progress :teacher:

ok graduates i've been strugglin so thought i'd pop on here for some advice/discussion. So i've been heading out for runs every other day of 3-4miles since minnie, no long ones. This week i can't even run 3 miles without taking 30sec breathing (walking) break every mile!!!! What's going on? Is it really true that you lose running fitness that quickly? Anyone have any experience with this?

Maybe i'll have to start my training from the bottom again. eek Was hoping to do a half marathon at the end of september to bring back some motivation.

I'm totally blaming IT band as i know i've backed off a bit with that being sore. Kim i hope yours is doing better :)

Hi Kate,
I'm sure there's no need to start training from the bottom again. They say you lose the fitness about as fast as you can gain it, and that the cardio is the first part to go. It sounds like you've been keeping up with your running somewhat better than some of us have - I would be surprised if the cause of your trouble was a lack of a really long run, though. Is it getting hotter there? Air quality issue? Tired for other reasons? Are you pushing yourself faster and then running out of breath sooner? Have you been getting enough rest? Not sure what else it could be, but it sounds to me like you are doing some good maintenance level running. :confused3

Corinna, thank you so much for the reply :) I was having a sad moment, but i think i'm over it now. You were totally right, i don't need to start right from the bottom but i realised most of my post minnie running had been TM while i was away so that's probably why it was so much harder outside.

Popped to the gym and did 4.3 miles in 40mins without any walking or dying gaspy noises! Again i think it helps that i can keep my speed i check, you're probably spot on i do tend to run off overenthusiastically outside.

On another note, yep my social life has perked up so i am a little more tired and work's crazy (oh no pun intended!) right now so combined they're a bit draining.

ANYWAY! How's your running and life going :rotfl:

Kate, I'm glad to hear things are looking better. Sometimes the running falls into place, sometimes it doesn't. I think it's like that even for more experienced runners.

Well, I must say, life here is too crazy. Running is not happening as often as it should. My DH is in a show - The Merry Wives of Windsor - and it's quite an unusual production as they are doing the shows in parks and using puppets. He's got 4 parts, and is also moving his business this month. Brilliant planning, huh? The dog has a broken toe, so he can't run with me and he goes nuts if he's locked up too much, so it's been a tactical nightmare lately.

I did just register for a 5K fun run the first weekend in June, though. It's better than nothing. :) I had been hoping to do the half marathon it is associated with, but that's just not in the cards this year.

Kung Fu belt tests tonight all around - including my youngest. He's going for his White belt, my older son is going for his blue belt. I am going for purple, shockingly enough. :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter