Rumors that Disney is in negotiations to sell Star Wars back to George Lucas!

How about for a movie you hate?

Top Gun: Maverick/Box office
1.493 billion USD

So will you take the bet about the Marvels making $1B? Should be an easy bet to win right, since she is such an incredible and likable character?

Or here is an even more creative bet for you. The next mission impossible compared to The Marvels. Cruise vs Larson head-to-head on profitability. Say $50 to our charity of choice?

More than a few people like Captain Marvel. Worldwide Box Office: $1,131,416,446.
Yea but they ONLY watched it because of Infinity War and Endgame. 🙄 When literally the only things you need to know from it are 1) how Fury contacted Carol, and 2) where Carol has been all this time and what her powers are. AKA something you could have read in a Wiki. She’s not even in Endgame much (because they were filming CM at the same time).

How about for a movie you hate?

Top Gun: Maverick/Box office
1.493 billion USD

So will you take the bet about the Marvels making $1B? Should be an easy bet to win right, since she is such an incredible and likable character?

I don't hate Top Gun: Maverick, I just don't care about it. I don't much care for Tom Cruise, but I'm not constantly leading some crusade to keep him out of movies. Obviously people liked it - good for them, and good for the movie to be so successful and help drive people back to theaters.

I don't hate Top Gun: Maverick, I just don't care about it. I don't much care for Tom Cruise, but I'm not constantly leading some crusade to keep him out of movies. Obviously people liked it - good for them, and good for the movie to be so successful and help drive people back to theaters.
So that's a no on the bet it seems?

I'm not making any bets.
Smart man!

Because The Marvels will flop so hard, it will make your head spin. Also watch what's about to happen with Indy 5, as Mission Impossible is about to clean its clock with a much smaller budget.

All of Disney theatrical will be lucky to break even in 2023, as Avatar is really not a Disney property they just have the rights to distribute it.

Until they course correct to putting the story first, this will continue to happen.

Last edited:

The entertainment this thread provides is amazing. Every time there is a decent conversation going on, it gets derailed by someone going after Brie Larson or some random thing for no reason.

Brie seems like a decent human and got caught in a storm of white males with inferiority complexes. I don't particularly feel her acting is the best of the best but she has been good in a lot of roles, including Captain Marvel.
Oh I think we all know the "reasons" one side of this conversation is obsessively endless 🥱
- Get back to the wholesome family entertainment you are known for
- Get back to being politically neutral
And no more twerking!! 🙄

The single best thing that can happen to Star Wars right now is for the Leslye Hedland project to launch on Disney+ and be a massive flop. The only way Disney is going to learn is from financial pain resulting from continuing to do the stupid things they are doing currently. When it's all said and done, they still have to perform financially. If they continue to lose billions of dollars each year, a course correction back to what sells will be made.

thats-bait.gif

And no, I still do not think there is any chance George Lucas buys back Lucasfilm from Disney. Why on earth would he want to do that?

I actually can’t wait for The Acolyte to come out. I love The High Republic era and I’m looking forward to seeing the beginning of the Jedis fall from grace and a live action Wookie Jedi.

Also Captain Marvel/Brie Larson have a hugeeeeee lesbian/bi fanbase and all of the Tumblr and Twitter girlies love her and are excited for The Marvels (like I am) because it looks like such a fun movie so I’m not counting on it flopping.

I actually can’t wait for The Acolyte to come out. I love The High Republic era and I’m looking forward to seeing the beginning of the Jedis fall from grace and a live action Wookie Jedi.

Also Captain Marvel/Brie Larson have a hugeeeeee lesbian/bi fanbase and all of the Tumblr and Twitter girlies love her and are excited for The Marvels (like I am) because it looks like such a fun movie so I’m not counting on it flopping.

I haven't read any High Republic books are anything since I don't usually get into that, but what I have heard about it seems pretty cool. I'm looking forward to the series too.

Going to a non-Skywalker story is great. This is supposed to be a thriller/detective show. Russian Doll, at least season 1, was great. I never watched season 2. Plus, we get more of the Sith side which is pretty fresh territory. Lots of good talent in it Amandla Stenberg, Carrie Ann Moss, Lee Jung-jae. Dafne Keen. I'm hoping it's more in the vein of adult Star Wars like Andor.

I am sure they do. Raging feminist and girl power and all.

I just know that the comic has really struggled to ever stay in production. I also know the character regularly makes it into to most hated super hero list, quite often near the top. Maybe that community can really go out and push this over the top from a box office standpoint.

The issue is you assume we wouldn't like those characters today, but you have no proof of that. Wonder Woman was a universally loved character, with most movie goers praising GG's depiction of that role. That is a modern character written in the same vein as Ripley from Alien. Katniss Everdeen is a universally beloved female lead from a modern movie too, where were all the male chauvinist pigs when she was ruling the box office?
Wait, can we go back to the Hunger Games? It wasn’t all praise for Katniss. People complained that Jennifer Lawrence want thin enough to play Katniss. And maybe she benefited from other choices that drew attention from those who hate diversity- the girl who played Rue was Black.

Wait, can we go back to the Hunger Games? It wasn’t all praise for Katniss. People complained that Jennifer Lawrence want thin enough to play Katniss. And maybe she benefited from other choices that drew attention from those who hate diversity- the girl who played Rue was Black.
I thought she was incredible. I loved the books, and thought the movies did an awesome job of representing that world well. I thought she played just about the perfect strong female lead in those movies. Great character arc and hero's journey that were nearly perfectly done. This is the first I have ever heard of someone having issues with Lawrence in the role.

I also thought she was really good in the X-men movies as well.

Last edited:
I haven't read any High Republic books are anything since I don't usually get into that, but what I have heard about it seems pretty cool. I'm looking forward to the series too.
I kid you not, Dagan Gera from the new Jedi: Survivor game is one of my all time favourite Star Wars villains and he’s from the High Republic era. He was a Jedi who became obsessed looking for a hidden planet and his obsession got the better of him. He ended up getting his arm cut off by another Jedi who it’s alluded to that there’s something secretly going on between them and he gets frozen in stasis in bacta for 200+ years and immediately turns to the dark side when Cal wakes him up and tells him the Empire have taken over the galaxy. His saber is one of the best designed one in years and I’m praying they make a legacy version at Galaxy’s Edge because Disney can literally just take my money now for that.

I kid you not, Dagan Gera from the new Jedi: Survivor game is one of my all time favourite Star Wars villains and he’s from the High Republic era. He was a Jedi who became obsessed looking for a hidden planet and his obsession got the better of him. He ended up getting his arm cut off by another Jedi who it’s alluded to that there’s something secretly going on between them and he gets frozen in stasis in bacta for 200+ years and immediately turns to the dark side when Cal wakes him up and tells him the Empire have taken over the galaxy. His saber is one of the best designed one in years and I’m praying they make a legacy version at Galaxy’s Edge because Disney can literally just take my money now for that.
You are a super interesting Lady, literally the only person I have ever even heard of that reads the high republic stuff. My local bookstore says they sell maybe 5 books a year in that entire collection. Your knowledge of the entire SW universe is pretty incredible, I ain't gonna lie.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter