Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

Loved ROL in Feb, just managed to score two FPs for the 10:30 show on 6/2! We're planning to stay for the Pandora EMH that night, so we might as well enjoy ROL too!

Do they offer dining packages for the 2nd showing of ROL, or is it first show only like Fantasmic?

And if first show only, has anyone tried requesting a voucher for the 2nd show, and were you successful? I know we've had luck doing this at H&V in the past, but wasn't sure if it was possible with ROL.

Thanks!

Do they offer dining packages for the 2nd showing of ROL, or is it first show only like Fantasmic?

And if first show only, has anyone tried requesting a voucher for the 2nd show, and were you successful? I know we've had luck doing this at H&V in the past, but wasn't sure if it was possible with ROL.

Thanks!

All reports I have seen is first show only but I'm curious about that as well ............ because ...........

The night we went there was two shows. We went to second show. We got there early enough to watch them fill the "DINING" section. It was around the same time as FP+ was entering. They directed you to section, row and filled them tight just like the parking lot. After the two dining sections were filled there was a gap of time when no one was entering. Then they began filling the Standby sections. It seemed as though these were two groups of people.

But if they are not booking any into the section the second show .............. why have we not heard any discussion from folks who went Standby to the second show and were thrilled with their great seats in what is the Dining Section? Something doesn't seem right either way.

Of course this is probably something that will change as crowds change, bookings change, Pandora crowds come etc.

All reports I have seen is first show only but I'm curious about that as well ............ because ...........

The night we went there was two shows. We went to second show. We got there early enough to watch them fill the "DINING" section. It was around the same time as FP+ was entering. They directed you to section, row and filled them tight just like the parking lot. After the two dining sections were filled there was a gap of time when no one was entering. Then they began filling the Standby sections. It seemed as though these were two groups of people.

But if they are not booking any into the section the second show .............. why have we not heard any discussion from folks who went Standby to the second show and were thrilled with their great seats in what is the Dining Section? Something doesn't seem right either way.

Of course this is probably something that will change as crowds change, bookings change, Pandora crowds come etc.
Thanks for the feedback, I've only heard and seen first show as well. May have to test it, as the second show works sooooo much better with our plans, but not giving up my Tiffins ADR :)

Hey guys! Feels like I haven't come over here in ages! Did I miss anything?

We got to go to Pandora on Friday, which was pretty cool. My hopes were low for this area, I'm not a fan of Avatar and was disappointed with RoL, but I was really impressed! I can answer any questions if you have them?

Thanks!
I know that another DISer friend did not get to the theatre until after the theatre had filled up - she had a dining package and the server told her the wrong time to return - and they allowed her to come back for the second show. Not sure if that gives you any useful info or not, but I figured I would pass it along.

josh‏ @easywdw
Opening weekend of Avatar will be the first dates with three Rivers of Light shows. Last one is supposed to be resort guests only.

C_jRqR6XkAEVXwG.jpg

Dang. Disney is certainly 'all-in' on trying to make nights at AK work. Will be interesting to see how things go this summer with this, all the late EMHs, etc.

Dang. Disney is certainly 'all-in' on trying to make nights at AK work. Will be interesting to see how things go this summer with this, all the late EMHs, etc.

As Josh says "supposed to be for resort guests only" like other EMH. [insert eye wink] Offsite guests can wander, shop, take pictures but you just can't get into attractions. BUT do we really............ think they are going to scan all 5000 guests trying to get in the theater for the third show? Of course the bigger question is ............ will they fill the theater a third time each night? I will say it will take huge pressure off the demand for FP+/Dining since during EMH this should be all standby.

So speaking of Disney bloggers. What's the proper protocol should one encounter a 'famous' blogger during the AP preview? Get them to sign my son's charachter autograph book? Ask to take a selfie? Point and make fun of them? Follow them to Nomad Lounge? :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

(This is meant as a joke/silly discussion, in case that's not clear)

So speaking of Disney bloggers. What's the proper protocol should one encounter a 'famous' blogger during the AP preview? Get them to sign my son's charachter autograph book? Ask to take a selfie? Point and make fun of them? Follow them to Nomad Lounge? :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Depends on who they are :rolleyes:

DS did take selfie with Adam the Woo, he's followed him for years.

We've seen a few, amazing how much they look like real people. :laughing:

Depends on who they are :rolleyes:

DS did take selfie with Adam the Woo, he's followed him for years.

We've seen a few, amazing how much they look like real people. :laughing:

Lol, yeah. Actually I think I would only recognize Josh. I don't follow anyone else close enough to know for sure. Except maybe Drunk@Disney but he's not really a blogger. :rotfl:

We ran into one one of the first mornings Trattoria was open for the new character breakfast. He was wearing a T-shirt with his website, and I (discreetly, I thought), said to my daughter "hey isn't that the website where you watch all the ride videos?" - of course I was NOT being quiet, and he heard us, and came over and chatted for quite a bit. Who knew they were "normal" people like us?! LOL!

We ran into one one of the first mornings Trattoria was open for the new character breakfast. He was wearing a T-shirt with his website, and I (discreetly, I thought), said to my daughter "hey isn't that the website where you watch all the ride videos?" - of course I was NOT being quiet, and he heard us, and came over and chatted for quite a bit. Who knew they were "normal" people like us?! LOL!

Big Fat Panda? Now if I saw him I'm afraid I'd run up and hug :hug: him. Love his videos - his voice is so soothing.

I would have said (in a loud voice), "It feels crowded today. Vacation ruined! I'm going to Guest Services for a refund!" and then I would have bought him a drink...and maybe asked to take a picture. :D

Never heard of him but now I'm going to YouTube to check him out!

Love him. Been following him ever since he started making the videos, and he does a show too. Great for kids. My DS loves his POV. i like when he does something like parade he shoots from multiple angles the edits together. For sure check him out.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter