Rumored Changes to G+

It's just so funny to me how the same ppl that complain about Disney nickel-and-dimming them are advocating for G+ to cost double/triple/quadruple and/or G+ to get advantages if you pay for a deluxe resort.

It's just so funny to me how the same ppl that complain about Disney nickel-and-dimming them are advocating for G+ to cost double/triple/quadruple and/or G+ to get advantages if you pay for a deluxe resort.
The nickle and diming is out of control.........We arrive April 12th and I just reserved transportation from MCO to BLT, $160....booked Enchantment at the Top Dessert Party for $712 since we dont land until 7pm and wanted to see fireworks that night and Villains Liar has an event and then paid $215 for magicbands.........Thats $1,087 more than my last trip when we had M Express, free Magicbands and Top of the World was open and thats even before our first park day

For me the point of raising the price of G+ is to cut down on the amount of people that buy it. Less people that have the more availability there is each day. More availability means better chance the top rides are available all day.

The other benefit is standby moves quicker as less people per ride will be from the LL

What prevents Disney from doing more of an Express Pass like Universal? Genuinely curious. I will say this...we were there in December (not during Christmas). We likely won't be back until they change Genie+ and LL. I spent most of my day on the phone and didn't even get LLs for half of the rides. And yes, I played the game. I watched hours of YouTube videos and hours of reading on here and things just ran out so fast. I didn't mind paying, but to get maybe 3 -4 attractions out of it wasn't worth the money. We will stick with Universal for now sadly. We've had great luck with their Express Pass, even during Spring Break one year.

What prevents Disney from doing more of an Express Pass like Universal? Genuinely curious. I will say this...we were there in December (not during Christmas). We likely won't be back until they change Genie+ and LL. I spent most of my day on the phone and didn't even get LLs for half of the rides. And yes, I played the game. I watched hours of YouTube videos and hours of reading on here and things just ran out so fast. I didn't mind paying, but to get maybe 3 -4 attractions out of it wasn't worth the money. We will stick with Universal for now sadly. We've had great luck with their Express Pass, even during Spring Break one year.
At this point I feel like Disney wouldn't want the immense backlash if they introduced an Express like system but it cost like $300+ per person per day. And that $300 is being generous.

Remember the uproar when it cost only $15?

What prevents it is the mindset of Disney guests. At Universal and most other parks, their guests understand that a skip the line pass is not for everyone. Which is why the cost is so high.

Ever since the original FP, Disney has put it in the minds of guests that skip the line is for everyone.

Disney has 35 Hotels vs Universals 3.......If they offer paying for it only the price would be so high that guests wouldnt be able to afford it and GSAT numbers would tumble.........Disney has 60mm people visit per year vs Universal 10mm......just not feasible

I'm doing a solo one day Universal trip in a few weeks and my EP didn't cost anywhere near $300.
What I'm saying is that too many people would buy it if it was cheaper than $300. If it was priced the way Express it, it would sell out. Look at the VIP tours Disney does for example. Those do sell out.

Also Express can get up to $300 during spring break and Christmas.

What prevents it is the mindset of Disney guests. At Universal and most other parks, their guests understand that a skip the line pass is not for everyone. Which is why the cost is so high.

Ever since the original FP, Disney has put it in the minds of guests that skip the line is for everyone.
Our best trip was when we went in Thanksgiving 2020. There were no FP and we never waited more than 30 minutes for any ride during a holiday week, and that was even only a few rides that took that long. I wish Disney would just get out of the skip the ride game completely. Genie+ was waste of money for us but we also don't want 50 -80 minute waits either.

At this point I feel like Disney wouldn't want the immense backlash if they introduced an Express like system but it cost like $300+ per person per day. And that $300 is being generous.

Remember the uproar when it cost only $15?
$300 is extremely generous, especially if for all 4 parks. Maybe $300 for just MK and $150 for AK.

The nickle and diming is out of control.........We arrive April 12th and I just reserved transportation from MCO to BLT, $160....booked Enchantment at the Top Dessert Party for $712 since we dont land until 7pm and wanted to see fireworks that night and Villains Liar has an event and then paid $215 for magicbands.........Thats $1,087 more than my last trip when we had M Express, free Magicbands and Top of the World was open and thats even before our first park day
Oh I absolutely agree about the nickel-and-diming. I hate that LL+ exists at all. But there are folks in this forum that will complain about it and how disney is pricing out families and advocate for a more expensive system with the same breath. I hate hypocrites more than I hate LL+.

Last edited:
Disney has 35 Hotels vs Universals 3.......If they offer paying for it only the price would be so high that guests wouldnt be able to afford it and GSAT numbers would tumble.........Disney has 60mm people visit per year vs Universal 10mm......just not feasible
It's not feasible cause of the Disney guest mindset. It has nothing to do with attendance numbers or resorts. Universal like regional parks limit how many guests have it each day. By limiting how many use it each day it makes the product worth buying.

$300 is extremely generous, especially if for all 4 parks. Maybe $300 for just MK and $150 for AK.
If this pass included unlimited rerides and all of the ILLs, I could see it being close to $500.

DLP has a similar pass (though not unlimited rerides) and I've seen that get to 200 Euro per person.

What prevents Disney from doing more of an Express Pass like Universal? Genuinely curious
Nothing really. But, as mentioned it would have to be priced very aggressively--it only works at Universal because most people don't have it.

Our best trip was when we went in Thanksgiving 2020. There were no FP and we never waited more than 30 minutes for any ride during a holiday week, and that was even only a few rides that took that long. I wish Disney would just get out of the skip the ride game completely.
Gee, what else was different in November of 2020? It's probably not just that there were no fastpasses.

Nothing really. But, as mentioned it would have to be priced very aggressively--it only works at Universal because most people don't have it.
Most people don't have it. It's why it works as well as it does. That IMO is why Genie+ has such low availability quickly each day. Too many people have it and there isn't enough rides for that many people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter