Confirmed Rumor: Disney Vacation Club to Start Giving $200 Gift Card to Resort Guests Who Tour Property

Well, assuming the $200 gift card thing is accurate, and will hopefully be in effect next February, I'll pass the word along to an older friend that is travelking with me then.
She was planning on doing just one park day, and was going to spend time visiting the different resorts anyway, while her son and I do the parks. She's about 9 years older than I am, and will probably be in a scooter, though she can walk short distances,
she'll need it to get around Disney Springs and to visit the larger resorts. She shattered her femur a couple of years ago. But she has done the parks since then...in a scooter.

Her son is turning 50, and is one of my best friends.

Last edited:
I'm going to do this the week of April 14 so I'll report back. It will pay for most of my dinner (minus alcohol and tip) at Takumi-Tei with my AP discount. Ha.

My family and I are heading there in May 2025! Manifesting there are still doing this next year! Would love a gift card for a 30 minute tour where I get to look at a hotel room!!

Hmm, I didn't get one when I toured in January...
🤷‍♂️ We got one each when we toured a couple of months ago, even though we already own at Aulani and were just there to show my sister what the rooms look like (up front with the guide that no one was buying anything, but he drove us over from VGC and grabbed us the Dole Whip coupons after we toured the rooms).

Does anyone know if husband and wife each get the gift card or is it one per family?

What if you have 2 reservations? One person goes on one reservation and the other on the second???

I got a call yesterday from DVC. At first they offered me some FPs, but once he heard we go to DLR and WDW at least once a year he brought up the $200 gift card.

He knew we will be there next month and he is sending me his schedule closer to our arrival to coordinate a time for them to pick us up for a tour.

We did a tour yesterday at BLT and received the gift card via email about one hour after the tour ended. They told us the gift card is a trial for 90 days. Based on its performance it may or may not continue after that time is up.

We did a tour yesterday at BLT and received the gift card via email about one hour after the tour ended. They told us the gift card is a trial for 90 days. Based on its performance it may or may not continue after that time is up.
Did you have to specifically mention the gift card when setting up your tour? Or is it automatically given to anyone who requests a tour currently?

I got a call yesterday from DVC. At first they offered me some FPs, but once he heard we go to DLR and WDW at least once a year he brought up the $200 gift card.

He knew we will be there next month and he is sending me his schedule closer to our arrival to coordinate a time for them to pick us up for a tour.
Was this a random call from DVC? I assume they aren't calling current members, because they aren't eligible?

I am not a member and received a random call from DVC. He said he saw that I have a reservation on property next month and wanted to offer me a tour and $200 gift card for my time. He also sent a follow up email with terms and conditions, which I posted a photo of above.

So can you tour at any of the DVC resorts? I have family staying with us also in July and they would absolutely tour at RIV, but probably wouldn’t want to go to property to do it…..

So can you tour at any of the DVC resorts? I have family staying with us also in July and they would absolutely tour at RIV, but probably wouldn’t want to go to property to do it…..
When they called me, they specifically said tours were available at Riviera. I didn’t ask about other locations.

Friends using our points had breakfast at Topolino. They talked with DVC after breakfast and were given the tour of Riviera. Received the gift card. They also bought DVC after the tour of Riviera. They absolutely loved the resort. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter