Confirmed Rumor: Disney Vacation Club to Start Giving $200 Gift Card to Resort Guests Who Tour Property

So the question now is - DH and I are members, and our DD is a member. Her DH is not a member. Could he take the tour and get a $200 e-GC?

So the question now is - DH and I are members, and our DD is a member. Her DH is not a member. Could he take the tour and get a $200 e-GC?
ooooo my DSIL in not a member. My 19 year old DGD in not a member. Who else can I find in the family?

We got the ice cream and a tote bag. I'd give them up for $200. Of course, at Disney prices, ice cream for the family and a tote bag does cost $200.

I have only heard of possible free fps for a tour. Everyone that can get the $200, go for it!!

I'm going to round up as many family and friends as I can and get me a ton of gift cards. That way when they run out and people who really want to purchase DVC and are taking the tour legitimately will get stiffed! Woo Hoo!

I have a somewhat weird question about this - would I be able to take advantage of this if I am not a DVC member but I'm staying in a DVC room with someone else's points? I'll be at BLT in May but I am not the member who booked the room. The member would also not be with me during this trip. Or does the room you're staying in not matter? I wouldn't mind taking 30 minutes of my trip to do this.

Are sales on the slower end now? Is this a reason for the uptick in value of a gift card?

I have a somewhat weird question about this - would I be able to take advantage of this if I am not a DVC member but I'm staying in a DVC room with someone else's points? I'll be at BLT in May but I am not the member who booked the room. The member would also not be with me during this trip. Or does the room you're staying in not matter? I wouldn't mind taking 30 minutes of my trip to do this.
I’m wondering the same! Rented a confirmed reservation this time but I am mildly interested in purchasing DVC. I think we’re ideal targets for this!

The tour and GC is for anyone who is not yet a member. Doesn’t matter how you are staying,,,cash or a rented reservation.

So, yes ,you would be eligible!

We were told that they look you up based on phone number and address. Not sure how it would work if you shared an address with a member but you're not a member.

We were told that they look you up based on phone number and address. Not sure how it would work if you shared an address with a member but you're not a member.
That's my situation. I share an address with someone who is a member but I am not a DVC member.
I’m wondering the same! Rented a confirmed reservation this time but I am mildly interested in purchasing DVC. I think we’re ideal targets for this!
Glad to know the question wasn't weird - maybe it just sounded odd in my head xD

‘Rumors are also circulating that individuals who decide to purchase a DVC membership following the tour might be treated to further incentives beyond the $200 Gift Card.’

Curious if anyone has heard further about this. We have family coming with us to WDW at the end of June (treating them to a few nights at a lake view Poly…yes, the intention is bribery and to make them fall in love with DVC so they join us in our madness 😈)

I think it would be worth it for them to do a tour for the gift card alone. They’ve been to WDW a few times and we’re not going to be going heavy on the parks anyway considering the heat so we’ll have time. I’d love to hear more about the further incentives if anyone has had any experience.

Boo - I would have loved to do the tour when I was there in February. Not planning to go back until nearer the end of the year now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter