Confirmed Rumor: Disney Vacation Club to Start Giving $200 Gift Card to Resort Guests Who Tour Property

That will be nice then for everyone!!!
I actually would love, and wouldn’t be surprised if one of the parties did decide to join. We have done a handful of these trips, and did a split stay at RIV last time a couple years ago. It was actually everyone’s favorite and we have stayed together at all of the DVC resorts except SSR and AKL. We are doing the full stay at RIV this time, and I imagine everyone will fall in love with it even more!

Kind of secretly hoping they treat us to a dinner at Topolinos with those gift cards!

Was this a random call from DVC? I assume they aren't calling current members, because they aren't eligible?
The rep said I had requested DVC info at some point. I don't remember if I did.

The rep said I had requested DVC info at some point. I don't remember if I did.
Thanks for the response. I've never inquired about DVC, so I imagine I won't get a call. Honestly, I'm perfectly happy renting DVC.

Did you have to specifically mention the gift card when setting up your tour? Or is it automatically given to anyone who requests a tour current

Did you have to specifically mention the gift card when setting up your tour? Or is it automatically given to anyone who requests a tour currently?
They let me know about the gift card as soon as we started talking

Last edited:

We did a tour yesterday at BLT and received the gift card via email about one hour after the tour ended. They told us the gift card is a trial for 90 days. Based on its performance it may or may not continue after that time is up.
We are staying at BLT next month - did you set this up at the DVC desk in the lobby area? And the tour was actually done right at BLT?! I accompanied someone on a tour a few years ago where they picked us up to go to OKW for it so that’s how I assumed they all were!

We are staying at BLT next month - did you set this up at the DVC desk in the lobby area? And the tour was actually done right at BLT?! I accompanied someone on a tour a few years ago where they picked us up to go to OKW for it so that’s how I assumed they all were!
The DVC kiosk is next to Bay View Gifts. They set us up with a guide who walked us over to BLT. The tour was mostly him discussing numbers in his office in a three bedroom. The guide was pleasant. We ended up being there for around an hour.

We did a tour yesterday at BLT and received the gift card via email about one hour after the tour ended. They told us the gift card is a trial for 90 days. Based on its performance it may or may not continue after that time is up.

When can you actually use the gift card and what kind of gift card is it?

Also did you feel pressure?

Might take the tour cause interested but the gift card seems like a nice incentive to use while on site.

When can you actually use the gift card and what kind of gift card is it?

Also did you feel pressure?

Might take the tour cause interested but the gift card seems like a nice incentive to use while on site.
We have been renting DVC points for years and purchasing could be in our future. Honestly, renting has worked well for our vacation style and that was a big topic of conversation during our tour. As far as sales went, it felt low pressured. Of course our guide was trying to sell us DVC but he didn’t make me feel like a slug for telling him we weren’t ready.
We received the gift card via email an hour later and it contained a barcode. My husband and I had a screenshot of the barcode and used it at various locations in the parks. The cashiers just scanned the barcode.

Any other updates regarding how soon after the tour do you get the card? The email said could be up to 24 hours but I really hope that's not the case since I have some Disney dining specifically booked planning to use this gift card!

Any other updates regarding how soon after the tour do you get the card? The email said could be up to 24 hours but I really hope that's not the case since I have some Disney dining specifically booked planning to use this gift card!
We received the gift card via email about an hour after we left BLT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter