RUMOR: Disney Vacation Club Considering Paid Member Perks Program

Definitely need more details. Doesn’t sound that exclusive at $100…all dvc members will pay that
I'd buy it today. lol. Take my money. But I agree, more details are needed. I'm not holding my breath that something like this is for resale owners, but again, no one knows yet.

I would not mind paying a little bit more to get more benefits. They might sweeten the deal a bit by giving it free to people at certain point levels, say 500 or more.
Would definitely agree with it providing a benefit to those that are at a certain point level (or maybe even if purchased in the current year, direct). I think I remember hearing that at one time they were giving like a park ticket if you bought direct. I could see it like that where you get 1 year of membership for free if you purchase 150 direct points, for instance. I know today is much different than decades ago where they did that, but could be a great "extra" selling point.

That might be the point... All members buying it at $100 a pop... That's an easy $20+ Million of passive income for offering nothing more than what they offered before.
Yup. Exactly.

Smacks of Genie+ replacing FP+, I'd say.

I can just see Chapek saying, "Didn't I tell you they'd go for it?" Meanwhile rubbing hands together gleefully. (Oops! Wrong word... Meant "greedily.")

I would be surprised ti see it offered to resale but if it is, I could see that being more expansive if you don’t have direct points or that it is tiered.

For example, $100 for direct members gets you access to all discounts for many things like tickets etc

Resale might need to pay $100 for just access to TOWL or other lounges,

But, to get discounts, resale owners need to pay a lot more each year?

I do think this is a hint though that TOWL lounge will not be free for all like it was prior to closure.

Or, maybe there is still a free program and this for additional things?

All depends on what is included for this new program but if it is $100 per membership I can’t see it not being worth it for is.

Last edited:
So…they are now asking us (theoretically) to pay yet another $100 for maybe the same benefits we had before as blue card members? And some of you think that’s a great deal????

Since benefits were not guaranteed and we didn’t buy for them, plus understood there could be a fee, then having to pay could be something we decide to do.

It would all depend on what was or was not included.

To me this has the feeling of something similar to airline status. I could see them setting up tiers with benefits determined by how much you pay. This also falls in line with what has been said in the past by executives wanting to monetize members.

I can also see over time all the ‘blue card’ benefits moving to this model. That could allow resale to buy into benefits, which is not a bad thing in the long run.

Sounds too cheap to me for what it is rumored to include. The TiW card by itself was $150.

I still wonder how long it will take them to implement tiered benefits based on number of developer points owned. The other major timeshare players have been doing that for years now.

Perhaps we'll hear something in July regarding AP's and this possible add on. I was *invited* to participate in the paid survey 6/14-16 but never got a call back. I would have gladly done it for free to represent DVC members from a 26 year perspective.

I don't know anyone on disboards that actually did get a call. I have to wonder if the initial survey was all they wanted - a total fake out.

Take my $100...at this point we've stopped counting! :badpc:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter