Rumor - Buffets may be returning to Walt Disney World Dining Locations

Luckily I have no filter, therefore no problem speaking up. 😉
The only way I'll set foot back on Disney property is if Trail's End goes back to being a buffet with it' previous choices. We take friends there when they visit from out of the area and it's always a highlight of their trip.

That is 3rd on my list of three of restaurants I'm not interested in because of the changes. Tied for first is Liberty Tree and Crystal Palace.

The buffets have been open at a nearby Whole Foods for some time now. They way they handle it is that have hand sanitizer at the entry and ask that you disinfect your hands and then give you plastic gloves to use with the serving utensils. Seems pretty safe to me.

Buffets in my area supply disposable gloves. Each time you approach the buffet there’s a table with gloves. I would love to have Cape May Cafe, Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey back to buffet only if the public would wear gloves and masks at the food area.:earsgirl:

There is only one place I’ve eaten at in WDW that has a partial buffet that I’ve eaten at: CG’s brunch. I’ve always been intrigued by some of the offerings at Boma but disliked the service. Were they to change it with more service people to dish out the food I’d be happy to indulge even if it cost more.

Buffets in my area supply disposable gloves. Each time you approach the buffet there’s a table with gloves. I would love to have Cape May Cafe, Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey back to buffet only if the public would wear gloves and masks at the food area.:earsgirl:
Well masks are currently required indoors at WDW, so half your wish is there.

We usually don't go to buffets anymore, but we recently tried the new dining at Crystal Palace and thoroughly enjoyed it. I plan to visit there again soon as long as it doesn't go back to being a buffet.

As scarily nasty as buffets can potentially be (see Sunday after church at Golden Corral), i have not seen so much mess or nastiness at WDW buffets, perhaps the high price point keeps some people away. Maybe there are a lot of workers constantly wiping and cleaning. Either way I have been impressed by how clean WDW buffets looked pre covid, but I can see why people fear them as germ laden places.

As scarily nasty as buffets can potentially be (see Sunday after church at Golden Corral), i have not seen so much mess or nastiness at WDW buffets, perhaps the high price point keeps some people away. Maybe there are a lot of workers constantly wiping and cleaning. Either way I have been impressed by how clean WDW buffets looked pre covid, but I can see why people fear them as germ laden places.
Perhaps you haven’t seen the salad bar at Pecos Bill during busy times. No, it’s not a full buffet but same customer actions.
Very unsanitary looking.

I wouldn't be opposed to servers still plating buffet items for you. Not only would it be more sanitary, but it would cut back on food waste a lot.

I just got the following email...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for booking a dining reservation at EPCOT for October 18, 2021.

We are making adjustments to the dining experience at Biergarten Restaurant and will now be offering a buffet experience on the date of your reservation. Favorite menu items will remain available including Pretzel Rolls, Bratwurst, Schnitzel and a variety of desserts including Apple Strudel with Vanilla Sauce and Black Forest Roll. Biergarten Restaurant will offer family-style dining for reservations through August 28, 2021.

If you prefer to change your plans based on this update, please visit DisneyWorld.com or the My Disney Experience app to cancel your dining reservation and make new reservations at another location. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Kind Regards,

Disney Destinations

And, I received the following e-mail 3 hours ago. I will probably cancel the reservation.

<<
Dear Guest,

Thank you for booking a dining reservation at Magic Kingdom Park for October 1, 2021.

We are making adjustments to the current dining experience at The Crystal Palace and will now be offering a buffet experience on the date of your reservation. Menu highlights on the buffet include Parker House Rolls, Create-Your-Own Fresh Garden Salad, Seared Pork Tenderloin, Fire-Roasted Prime Rib, Braised Beef Short Ribs and more. Family-style dining will be available at The Crystal Palace for reservations through September 11, 2021.

If you prefer to change your plans based on this update, please visit DisneyWorld.com or the My Disney Experienceapp to cancel your dining reservation and make new reservations at another location. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.>>​

We usually don't go to buffets anymore, but we recently tried the new dining at Crystal Palace and thoroughly enjoyed it. I plan to visit there again soon as long as it doesn't go back to being a buffet.

It's going to a buffet as of Sept 12th

I just got the following email...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for booking a dining reservation at EPCOT for October 18, 2021.

We are making adjustments to the dining experience at Biergarten Restaurant and will now be offering a buffet experience on the date of your reservation. Favorite menu items will remain available including Pretzel Rolls, Bratwurst, Schnitzel and a variety of desserts including Apple Strudel with Vanilla Sauce and Black Forest Roll. Biergarten Restaurant will offer family-style dining for reservations through August 28, 2021.

If you prefer to change your plans based on this update, please visit DisneyWorld.com or the My Disney Experience app to cancel your dining reservation and make new reservations at another location. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Kind Regards,

Disney Destinations
Yep, we got the same one last night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter