• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rudest thing you have ever seen at a WDW restaurant

WoW! Those stories are pretty incredible! People are truly amazing in their stupidity.

Here's my story...

While DH & I were there for our honeymoon in '96 we had dinner at Alfredo's in Italy. It was POURING rain and they were seating people very slowly so everyone were just a bit crankier than normal. We sat down and were enjoying our meal when a family of 5 sat just a table over from us (mom, dad and 3 kids probably 10-18yrs old). The father made a big deal when they were seated saying they were hungry, that they should have been seated 40 minutes ago , etc...Then he asked for their drinks, bread & appetizers immediately. While they were chowing down on them the waitess came and went to take their orders. Everyone orders and when they get to the dad he says that he wants a salad w/bleu cheese dressing and the waitress says that they do not have the bleu cheese dressing. The dad asks to speak to the manager. The manager comes and tells him the same thing. The dad is pissed and says "we ALWAYS get the bleu cheese dressing here. Why would you take that off of the menu, blah, blah, blah". The manager explains how they rotate menus, that the haven't offered blue cheese dressing in quite some time, etc...When he's done explaining the dad stands up from the table, tells the manager that was the *biggest* mistake they ever made (taking the dressing off the menu) because now he and his family will NEVER eat there again! He downs the remainder of his drink, grabs a handful of bread or appetizers or something and storms out of the restaurant w/ his family behind him leaving a $10 bill on the table.

DH and I got a chuckle out of it because they guy was such a jerk. If he wanted blue cheese dressing he could have gone few countries down and found some in France! Dope!

The manager said (under his breath but loud enough for other patrons to hear) "thank god he won't ever be coming back. How many Italian restaurants serve French food?" and we all clapped. The poor waitress was stunned and worried about the bill vs. what the $10 left and the manager said, "don't worry about the food and drink dear, keep the $10 as your tip".

How the wife stays married to him I'll never know and I sure feel sorry for their kids! Truthfully I've always sort of wondered if he did it as a way to "scam" some free food!

:rolleyes:

On our honeymoon in September, hubby and I went to Fulton's Crab house around 6pm for dinner. We really enjoyed the food...which we scarfed down in 15 minutes flat.

seated next to us were 4 adults and about 7 children. The Children were running around, climbing over each other, and bouncing up and down on the booth. (So everytime they bounced, I would bounce up too...as it was one long booth.) and the parents did nothing to make their children behave in a restaurant.

Our meal was pretty much ruined...and yes our waiter apologized for it.

We did speak to the manager about it. All he said was "well - that's Disney"

Yes, we understand we're at Disney - and we enjoy being around kids...but in an empty restauraunt do you HAVE to seat a bunch of children right next to a childless young couple on their honeymoon?

next time we'll eat dinner later

I agree with Oh Mickey. I'm even the OP and there are far more kind, friendly, people you will encounter at WDW than the ones mentioned here. Can't even try to explain changing a diaper at a table, one licking one's plate, and some of the other things mentioned. As far as what I witnessed and what that poster did pushing someone aside for a table (glad it rained on her ;-) and some of those stories the only think I chalk it up to is that people spend a lot of $$ on this "dream vacation" and they get so stressed over everything being perfect, are overtired, worrying about their budget etc. that they lose their minds!!!! There's no excuse for it but I think it happens. I once was in the restroom at MGM and I heard this mom and little girl (sounded about 4) come into the stall next to me. The mom was saying,"Why are you being so cranky? We've waited so long and spent lots of money to come here, you don't act like this at home, and you're making me nervous," The little voice replied, "Well YOU'RE making ME nervous Mommy!" Had to chuckle at that one ;)

just an fyi. In Norway at EPCOT, there is a dessert (cheesecake I believe) served on a plate with a chocolate silkscreen of a witch. It is considered good luck to those recently married to lick the witch off the plate. That is probably what you witnessed.

<p><font face="Comic Sans MS" size="3" color="#800000">I always say, "Please" "Thank-you" and "Excuse-me."  I open doors for older people and those with wheelchairs or strollers.  I keep my voice lowered when speaking on the phone and try to shrug off life's little miseries.  But I gotta tell you, if I saw that man pull the chair out from beneath that lady <u>I woulda been in his face in a New York minute </u>.  And the woman changing her child's diaper would have gotten a "Do You Mind?" for the immediate area to hear.  And I wouldn't have sat there for a minute longer being bounced up and down by misbehaving children on the banquet. 

It's important to be nice - but not at the cost of getting walked over or let others get away with extraordinarily harmful behavior.  Manners are one thing - poop at the table and falling on the floor is another. Sometimes it does "take a village" to keep an eye out for everyones comfort and safety. </font>
</p>::yes::

hi:wave:
we were staying at all star movies on our first trip and my youngest son at that time was 5 we went to have breakfast and he accidentally knocked a lady's chair while she was eating she swung around on her chair and said in a rude way that we should keep our son in order and that we should not allow him to run around(he was not running just getting onto his chair reading for his food)i was upset at first as this was on the first day but then i just said to myself that if she wanted breakfast with no children perhaps she should be staying at another hotel
also while we were going to have dinner at planet hollywood he was walking up the stairs to be seated and a lady and gentleman was coming down the stairs and the lady 'barked'at him that he was going up the wrong side of the staircase
now while i understand that there are people of all ages at disney and it is ''everybody's holiday'' but my ds was only 5 it was his first trip and at the end of the day he was very excited::yes:: but no he was not being naughty and not running around being a pain it just makes me sad that some people can make horrible and rude comments
apart from those two incidents we did have a great time and there are so many at disney that go out of there way to be nice to each other:D :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter