RSVP Niagara Falls Meet, Sat. Nov. 23

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi all! Here is the official RSVP thread for the Niagara Falls meet.

DATE: Sat. Nov. 23, 2002
PLACE: Queen Victoria Cafeteria (at the bottom on Murray across from the falls and Queen Victoria Park ~ that's the Disney Show location).
TIME: You all decide ~ we'll be there about 4pm ~ we'll have to tear our kids away from the pool ~ you can all meet earlier ~ we'll see you at 4pm.

The cafeteria is nice, kind of expensive, but a nice place for a hot chocoalte before the show. There are long tables enough to accommodate all of us.

RSVP:

SandraC, dh, dd(8),ds(2) (4pm-4:30pm)
Janet, dd (4:30pm)
Julie, dh, dss(?) (4pm)
Tony, Debbie, dd, ds (4pm)
Canadave, dw dd(14), dd(9) (4pm-ish)
CDNDisneyNut ~ maybe ~ hopefully!

WOW! This is turning out to be quiet the list! I know everyone on the list except Janet ~ Janet, I'm the one with the red coat and loud kids LOL ~ that's how the rest of the DISer's mind me.

It will be nice to finally meet you guys!

Can't tell what time 'cause we're shuffling to Buffalo to catch the movie and then do some shopping! I've given DD a limit, and she just laughed! She knows how caught up I can get, especially at Tops!LOL

See you all on Saturday @ 4:30 p.m.

I'll be the one with Lime Green Socks unless I can find Lime Green Ribbon before!

Scratch
aka Janet
DD - Tanya

:smooth:
:Pinkbounc

PS Mums the word about January!
Thanks!

Hi! We have a room booked for Sat. night and plan to leave early that morning. It always seems to take 3 hours for us and we go a different way each time.!!!!! There will be 4 of us Tony, Debbie, Anthony and Megan. I'll bring the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights 3D glasses. See you around 4.

Deb

Count on 4 more...Marylynn, Brittany (DD14), Emily (DD9) and I will be there 4ish.
Canadave

We've decided to stay over Saturday night...haven't booked a hotel yet...any suggestions?....looking for something middle priced...perhaps an indoor pool...where is everyone else staying?
Anyone interested in going to the Rainforest Cafe for dinner after the show? (just a suggestion)
Is the Disney breakfast open to everyone or just Make A Wish families? I remember last year, SandraC said it was limited. We wouldn't mind going to the Sunday breakfast if we are allowed and we can get tickets in time. Any info?
Canadave

The breakfast is open to anyone. It's meant for Tender Wishes kids, that's like Make a Wish, but local to Niagara Falls. I always feared that sits would be taken away from the sick kids if they opened it up. I think that's why they don't promote it. Our invitation came as a result of dd being a Make a Wish kid. I think the number was posted on these boards. We are going Sat. ro the breakky.

Our hotel includes dinner so we will pass on RFC ~ but it sounds like fun! S

Canadave: We booked a Days Inn north of the Falls, its down near the whirlpool rapids, through the daysinn.com website. The room was $52.20 Canadian not including taxes. Its a CAA rate and has 2 double beds. It has an indoor pool and a restaurant. We've stayed here before and its nothing special but its the right price and we wont be in the room much anyway, just to sleep. We'll probably get there around noon, DS wants to spend the afternoon at the new wrestling store and on Clifton Hill. Rainforest sounds good.
See you all next Saturday
Tony and Debbie

Tentative Yes

As is now the weekend is free. However who knows wkat we come up this week. And if the weather is like this weekend (winter storm watch 15 cm of the *&@% stuff) I will definitely be a no show.

Disneykins... thanks for the lead on the hotel. We booked a room there for Saturday night...great price...the best I had from the Niagara Falls site was over $70...we're planning on getting to NF between 11 and 1. I'm not sure what our plans are when we get there.

Does the Rainforest Cafe take reservations (or do you "talk to the elephant") and are they needed for a Saturday night.

Baboo, are you able to make it???

Canadave

I booked 12 people on a Saturday night at NF RFC and we were able to make ressies as long as it was before 6pm, so I booked 5:45pm. I think it's first come first serve after that. Give RFC a call to make sure.

See you Saturday! S

:( Unfortunately, due to the joys of working in retail, we won't be able to make it. :( We are going away the end of the month so I needed that weekend off and of course can't have both of them off.:( I hope you all have a great time!

:( Baboo..that's too bad...I know what you mean about retail, especially at this time of year...we'll miss you...maybe we can get something going in the Peterborough area.
Canadave

I do wish you guys would stop scheduling these meets on weekends where we have a hockey tournament scheduled. Unfortunately, we'll be in Kitchener this weekend with my daughter's team (games at 10:00am and 6:00pm or 7:00pm on Saturday) so we are SOL again. :(

- Mike

dd is sick!!!!! She had her flu shot yestesday and she is out of it today. She is off school and all Tylenoled up, so she is okay right now. I woke up feeling lumpy too. YIKES! We need to rest up before this weekend! Chat soon! S

Hope your dd is feeling better. Maybe it's just the afteraffects of the Flu Shot. That's why I never started!
Everyone I know who has ever gotten there shot, got the FLU!LOL

See you all on Saturday!

Look for the two goofy looking people with the Mickey Santa Hats!

Drive Carefully, Too!

Scratch
aka
Janet
:smooth:

I know what you mean about the flu shot. I got it 2 years ago, and although I did not get the flu, it was the sickest winter of my life.

I wish not getting the flu shot was an option for dd. She is one of those folks in the high risk category that HAS to get the flu shot. I still think it helps a lot. She is feeling better now. I think I'll send her to school tomorrow. Chat soon! S

dd is more sick today than yesterday. She's missing a fun event at school today, poor kid. I did not think she would still be sick so I did not get a sub for my class this morning, dd will have to come along. Afterwards, I'll take her to the doctor. dh and I are worried she'll still be sick by the weekend. I think if we keep her on tylenol, she'll be able to go to NF. She loves to swim in the hotel pool and the Disney show. To lessen stress on walking around, we might miss the DISmeet, or come very late ~ enough time to get a hot chocolate and walk over to the show. I'll keep you posted. S

Sandra, I hope she's feeling better soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter