ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jess-
Do they have 2 by the pool? Or is one of them the one shared by the men's and ladie's gym locker room? That one is nice!

speaking of jacuzzis-does anyone know what time they're open til at night, also can't seem to get an answer from US phone #s as to whether there will be fireworks the week of 11/8-11/13-does anyone know & what time is the dive-in movie usually shown? Any help would be much appreciated so we know what time to make dinner ressies- thanks a lot

Did you hear somewhere that there would be fireworks? I don't think they usually have fireworks during this time - I believe they have them in the Summer and around Holiday time.

It would be great if they did though, We will be there Nov. 7 - 10 and I was not expecting fireworks!

Originally posted by Motherfletcher
Jess-
Do they have 2 by the pool? Or is one of them the one shared by the men's and ladie's gym locker room? That one is nice!

They have 2 by the pool. I didnt know they had a coed hot tub in the gym! Thanks! Will have to check that one out.

The hot tubs are open till pool closing usually 10-11P. I'm not sure what time the dive-in is it changes with the seasons. It should be around 7P now but call first to be sure. I dont think there will be any fireworks for your dates. The next ones are usually christmas week till NYE.

I'm wondering about the Thanksgiving Buffet? Do they have a Christmas Buffet as well?
I didn't know they did fireworks during the Christmas week. RPR might be better than HRH for viewing?
The indoor whirlpool has an adjacent room and with the furnishings it looks like a good spot to meditate. It opens at 6. I haven't used it at night so i don't know when it closes.
i

Daddy-
I was looking at my Hours of Operation sheet from early this month and I saw no mention of Dive-in. The Lagoon Pool hours are Sun-Thur 8a-9p Fri&Sat 8a-10p. They have a Hawaiian-style Themed Buffet at The Islands Dining Room Fri 6-9. The Wantilan Luau is Saturday night at 6 and costs $49.50 Adults and $29 for 12 and under. I would imagine if they did something special on Thanksgiving that the costs would be similar or a little higher. This info sheet is subject to change and was updated 10/3/03.
I'm excited for you! Have fun.

Mother,The thanksgiving buffett will cost 38.0 for adults and 17 for children if i heard my voice mail correctly,need i say more.....:p I was hopeing for the dive in in nov when we go at thanksgiving.Looking foward to my trip!!! My family is laughing at me as i make all the plans...lol my dw usually does all this..I told her this time just to have her hiney in a secure up rite position with her seat bealt securly fastnen ,when i blast off to orlando for 5 days.

Is it really possible that there are No rooms available at RPR for the week of Aug 16,2004?? I checked with expedia, and the actual Lowes hotel site!! I did not think I had to make ressies so soon!!

I just did Loews and got 8/16-823 at $219 using APH.
Hotelkingdom.com was $169.

I'm not sure how far in advance you should make reservations. We won our trip, so the second I was able to book my trip (couldn't be more than a year in advance, so the day AFTER it was a year, I made them!LOL), I did. I asked the girl taking my reservations if she thought I was crazy and she said no, that rooms tend to go quite quickly for the summer months. BUT, she also said rooms can open up just as quickly as people's plans change.
I'd say if you're willing to pay rack rate, go ahead and book as soon as possible, but if you're waiting for possible discounts, don't book it as the general consensus is that if the rooms get booked, why should the hotels offer discounts??

Sorry I wasn't much help!:D

We stayed at rp in June of 2003 and had a great time. I had only one bad encounter and that was with a waitress at the main restaurant but nothing major. We found the best place to eat was Jakes the bar across from restaurant. Staff was great and friendly. If you can eat at Chop Choups it was great little pricey but heck it is Emeril s place. The pool was terrific the waitress kept the witch doctor s coming. I found the walk to the parks really enjoyable and the boat rides were great too.

We just got back from Orlando. 2 nights were spent at the RPR and we loved it...so beautiful. We had a pool view room on the 7th floor in Tower 1 (thanks for the tips on requesting a room on the 7th floor) and the view was awesome. Our 4 yr old ds loved the water park area at the pool. We ordered food to go from Jakes and took it to the pool. Food was really good and we had no problem ordering kids meals for our teens also and they loved the cheeseburgers. Poolside drinks were $8-9 each.

I've lost the name of a very wonderful CM on the Club Floor at the RP. I really want to sent her a note and also one to her manager. I can not remember her name, but I am sure if I heard it I would know. It was a little different. She had dark hair and a young child. Any ideas? Thank you. I am way over due on the note.

I started reading everything a couple of days ago, and have found some very useful information regarding RPR. Thank you to the many who have taken the time to write so much!! I'm staying at the RPR from 12/20 through 12/25, Club Level, and my parents also have a room, Club Level. I too am a blue card holder, but was afraid not to book the Club Level, figured with the timing would not get upgraded. Should I have gone with the cheaper rate?? Is the Club Level any better then a standard room? Any thoughts and/or suggestions on dining would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again to all who have written, and I will write when I get back.:wave:

The rooms themselves are not any different size-wise, but you do get the automatic turn-down service w/free trinket gifts daily. You also have to use your roomkey in the elevator to access the 7th floor club level. They advertise robes in the room, but I was not impressed with the quality of them. The big benefit of club level is the club room that has light breakfast foods such as cereals, lots of sliced fruits, bagels/cream cheese--including hot, iced cinnamon rolls everyday, pre-dinner type food--plus one light entre, and then every evening there are a few kinds of dessert things put out. PLUS, all day long you have access to little bottles of Coke and Sprite, as well as bottled water (they encourage you to grab some to take to the parks with you!) coffee and tea (about 8 Earl Gray varieties). There is also beer, Coronas, and wine available each afternoon for free----you could get mixed drinks for a price. We found that by grabbing something quick to eat in the morning in the club room , we actually saved $$ by not having to buy more than one big meal a day at the parks. There was usually a thunderstorm in the afternoon so we went back to RPR to wait it out and took advantage of their afternoon offerings such as cheese/crackers, sliced veggies/dips, nachos/cheese, and some type of main dish (pork/rice one night) then went back to the parks. You will also get a big discount if you decide to rent a cabana. My 14 and 17 yr old boys were quite pleased with the amount/variety of foods offered daily. We're planning to do it all again next July.

::yes:: :sunny: To whomever is considering whether to stay on the club level or not, we just returned from staying there (Oct. 19-22) and we loved it!! The staff was so friendly and went out of their way to help. In fact, I also would like to write a note to the manager regarding the service. We loved having the large lounge as our "extended space" aside from our room. It was not crowded at all, in fact, a lot of times we were the only ones in there!! I did wander over to the Hard Rock and checked out their kid suite (very nice, but expensive!) and their lounge. The lounge doesn't compare to the RPR's lounge. Its much bigger and nicer at RPR. I loved the atmosphere at RPR, loved the 30's and 40's music that was all over the resort, and the boats that brought us back and forth to the parks. We LOVED Tchoup Choup too! Our kids wanted to try the Mariner's Club that night, which was right down the walkway from Emeril's. We enjoyed every course that we had! We tried the manager's special, I think it had 4 courses. The Ipu-ipu drink was FANTASTIC!! Try it, you won't be sorry. Well anyway, I just thought I'd give my two cents. How can I get the address of the club level to write about the staff? I wish I could remember all their names, the girl that was really helpful had dark hair, she worked at night with another guy. They were all great though. They helped with reservations, directions, tips, hints, etc. They also gave our kids stickers and postcards. They did their homework in the lounge, it was nice to have the extra room. I can't wait to go back!!! Too bad we live thousands of miles away!! Kelly

Wow! You're making me want to go back there NOW!!! The only name I remember from club level is Kawelo. He was the manager when we were there in July. I do have his business card and their email.......somewhere. I will search my stuff for you. I know what you mean about the lounge being big! Plenty of room, even if there were several families in there at once. And the full wall of windows was just great!

Hi Eclpz314! :wave: I know what you mean, it is just so appealing there! I see you are already planning another escape to the islands? How lucky you are!! We haven't thought that far ahead yet. I would probably take the kids out of school again just to avoid the crowds and heat! We had great luck with no crowds at Universal. WDW was a lot more crowded, in fact, we skipped out on MGM because the heat and crowds were unbearable that day. The lay out of the park isn't that great compared to Universal's either. Express pass is the #1 reason to stay onsite at Universal, besides the great service and wonderful resorts. I can't say enough about it. Standing in line at WDW afterwards was the pits. The fast pass doesn't compare. I've got to start looking out for good airfares for next year! ha ha!! Kelly:tongue:

RPR Club Level

Where are the Club Level Rooms at RPR, and is there a better room with a view, or do they have balconies? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Leaving 12/20 - 12/25 - Has anyone been to RPR during this time - Crowds???? Thanks in advance.
:Pinkbounc

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter