ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea i know what you mean my baseball hat with the rpr logo 18.00 OUCH!!!!!!!

I booked two days in December (3rd and 4th) this past Saturday (2/7) and got an Entertainment rate of $152. I was disappointed that it was this high - I had been hoping for something in the $110 - $120 range based upon posts on this board.

Do these rates fluctuate throughout the year? The reservationist let me know that I could call in and get the lower rate if it was available. Any idea on when rates may change?

TIA.

Is the RP pool heated? I was there when it was warm, so I do not know. Also are there any fireworks this weekend?

Set to go in June 2004 (7th to 11th) at the RPR. This is our first time there. (Stayed HR last year)
Looking for comments on what tower you stayed in, and any other comments that might be of use to a first-timer.
I also have a Lowe's card (from last years stay). Has anyone received a "free" upgrade if rooms were plentyful ??

Thanks !!

p.s. Need to spread the word on this thread. No postings for weeks (between Dec and Feb) ??

Hopefully I can answer some questions I see posted here:

If you reserved a garden view room at RPR and would like a theme park view, request Tower 1. You aren't guaranteed to get the view but your view from Tower 1 will be better than some of the views (I-4, parking lots,etc...) from the other 2 towers. One drawback to Tower 1 is that it is the farthest away from the Water Taxi. Tower 3 is closest to the dock.

On our last stay, we requested a room upgrade and were offered one for part of our stay but the hotel was booked for our last night so we would have had to change rooms, therefore we declined. Do ask if there are upgrades available. It can't hurt. We are Loews Blue by the way.

The pool was nice and warm in January! The temps were in the upper 60's- mid 70's during our stay and the kids and hubby really enjoyed the pool.

Hope that helps ya'll!

Hi posters!

I've been trying to organize a trip to Universal for my husband and I for our 5th anniversary. The Universal hotels looked beautfiul but were a little out of our price range for the trip. I thought for sure that we would stay offsite, but the buzz about the front of the line access made the Loews hotels look pretty good!

Thanks to all of your tips, we were able to book a great room at the Royal Pacific for only $119/night under the entertainment rate - and the card only cost me $15!! So thanks again for saving me $70 a night!

Stephanie

Originally posted by drewc
I booked two days in December (3rd and 4th) this past Saturday (2/7) and got an Entertainment rate of $152. I was disappointed that it was this high - I had been hoping for something in the $110 - $120 range based upon posts on this board.

Do these rates fluctuate throughout the year? The reservationist let me know that I could call in and get the lower rate if it was available. Any idea on when rates may change?

TIA.

Just booked for Dec 12-15 using Ent. rate and got it for 119.00 per night. I would call reservations back

We will be staying at RPR for the first time July 1-3, at club level. I was just wondering if there is a club room in each tower or just one, and if so which tower? Thanks.

Club is in the Royal Tower or Tower 3 closest to the water taxi and close to the pool. The rooms are on the top floor with various views. They have std, king suite and Presidential type suites. The lounge in at end of the hall where it splits and is wonderful.

We are wanting to stay at the royal pacific. How do we get an entertainment rate? Thanks!

To get entertainment rates just call the hotel directly (the # is on the US web site) and ask if ent. rates are available for your stay. You don't need the card to book but you must have one at check-in. It can be any ent. card from any ent. book not just orlando. Just be sure it isn't expired. Our stay is for Dec 12-15. My current card expires Oct 31 so I will need to buy a new book before my trip

Hey mapmakerj!

We're checking in on the 15th of December!! Wish we could have maybe met up. I'm so excited and really hope to meet up with some fellow DISers!:D

5 night stay at Club level:
Was a great stay- wonderful way to enjoy your stay at Universal. My family of 5 stayed in a 2 queen room on Club level-4 year old sleeps with DH and I so no roll away was needed.
17 and 13 yr old sons took advantage of all the sodas and snacks in the club room. breakfast selection were always fresh. evening snacks always included: wonderful vegies/dips, huge assorted cheeses/cracker selections, salad of some sort-pasta, red potato, tortilla chips, guacamole, salsa, sour cream, melons, -sliced meat, quesadillas etc....
sodas-cokes, sprite bottle water also-to grab to take to parks.
My DH estimates we saved over $200/day in just breakfasts/drinks/snacks alone by going the Club level for all 5 of us.
Any ???'s

Hi lstokes, I totally agree with your depiction of club level. It is so nice to have those amenities provided to you when you are on vacation, isn't it? :tongue: We really took advantage of the snacks, water, drinks...it helped not to have to go downstairs and be with the rest of the crowd and have to pay a separate amount for breakfast. I really thought they did a nice job on the evening offerings too, with the assortment/wide variety of crackers and cheeses, meats, etc. Normally you'd expect just club crackers and cheddar cheese, but they had an excellent selection. In addition to that, the hot item made up a meal! It saved us a lot in $$ too. Only problem is, we are spoiled now, and won't want to stay any other way! Not to mention the service was great! Just curious, what did you pay per night? We got the Fan club rate and paid $209 + tax. It was well worth it. Kelly

I was talking about RPR, and I guess I was assuming that the other person was too...all I know is that I went to the Hard Rock to check out their club lounge, it is 1/2 the size of the RPR's. I really liked the one we stayed at, not just for the size, but the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. It was great. Not to mention, we had the place to ourselves most of the time! :Pinkbounc

Yes, we stayed at the RP during the week of March 6-11.
Our rate was not as good as yours,alaskantwinks, but considering Spring Break time, was definitely worth all the perks.
Also used the fitness club with no charge since on Club level. Enjoyed the sauna/steam room and the great equipment.
I agree with you also on now being spoiled by the Club level.
We did go on a Disney 3 day cruise after our RP stay though and felt just as pampered of course...
I had heard also that the Hard Rock Club was not as nice as the RP.
Wasn't the pool area fantastic!!!
Enjoyed the hot tubs there also!!!

We never made it to the fitness club, although we passed it on the way to Tchoup Chops! That was the best food we had on our trip, btw! The pool area was great, and there weren't that many people in it! We also went on a 3 day Disney cruise after our Universal and WDW stay! We loved it too. When I got home, I wondered what happened to my bed being made, napking being put in my lap, someone calling me "ma'am", etc.!!! I want to do a 7 day now. It was too short!

Anyone booked and received a good rate for this October using their Entertainment card - I'd be interested in knowing how much you paid - we're looking at oct 21st -25th

Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter