ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

With this flurry of recent guests...how was the food at the hotel. We are noob 1st stay in Aug. Thanks!!!!
We stayed CL so admittedly we mostly ate either in the lounge or in the park (CL food was just ok, nothing to rave about). We did have a great breakfast at Islands Dining Room so I would recommend that. Otherwise, we really only got ice cream and Starbucks from Tuk Tuk, maybe an occasional snack.

The food we got by the pool from Bula Bar was fantastic!

What are the personal products like in the bathroom? Are they still doing individual shampoos, etc? If so, what scent? (Trying to decide if we need to bring our own)
They were individual products as of last month. There was shampoo, conditioner, and body wash I believe.

Has anyone stayed here recently? I've been seeing some negative experiences in another group. We stayed here 2 years ago & loved it. We're coming back in July.

We were there last week. I have no idea what they are talking about. It was really lovely. My favorite part was the pool water. Either it was salt or minimal chlorine. Normally my skin really dried out after swimming, but it felt better after swimming there.

We didn't eat at the hotel, so I can't comment on that.

We just got the regular 2Q room. After discussions with our TA we requested to be close to the water taxi exit. We don't normally open the curtains. I think next time I'll request the same but on the second floor. The lobby is on the third floor and the boat exit is on the third. It would have been nice to just take the stairs.

We've never been to Universal but are going in Feb. 2022. My wife's dance studio participates in the performing arts program and we've been given the option to stay at either Royal Pacific or Cabana Bay. I thought I'd open it up to those on the board — all things being equal — where would you stay? (Note: The studio is picking up the majority of the cost, so that's not a determining factor in this decision.) Thanks from a couple of nubes!

While I like a number of things about CBBR (theming, multiple large pools, bowling alley, etc.) it doesn't have EPs. Staying at RPR offers full unlimited EPs and that trumps most everything else. ;)

While I like a number of things about CBBR (theming, multiple large pools, bowling alley, etc.) it doesn't have EPs. Staying at RPR offers full unlimited EPs and that trumps most everything else. ;)
Thank you! (I have a lot of reading up to do!)

I’ve stayed at both and love both for different reasons but it would be RPR all the way in this instance. It’s a more upscale resort, the boat transportation to the parks is great and the included Express pass is just too awesome to pass up.

I’ve stayed at both and love both for different reasons but it would be RPR all the way in this instance. It’s a more upscale resort, the boat transportation to the parks is great and the included Express pass is just too awesome to pass up.
I've been reading and doing some YouTube research since I first posted. Yeah, I kinda asked a dumb question. Oh well... thank you and to all for the advice! Again, we're nubes to Universal. Totally looking forward to it, especially after the YT vids I've watched!

I've been reading and doing some YouTube research since I first posted. Yeah, I kinda asked a dumb question. Oh well... thank you and to all for the advice! Again, we're nubes to Universal. Totally looking forward to it, especially after the YT vids I've watched!
We all have to start somewhere when do your first visit to the Dark Side

Hope your vacation will be awesome!
Ask us any questions and many will help direct you

Do get the button at guest service
“First visit “
“Birthday” .. “anniversary”... etc

Has anyone stayed here recently? I've been seeing some negative experiences in another group. We stayed here 2 years ago & loved it. We're coming back in July.
We stayed a month ago. It was decidedly fine. People were nice. I opted in to the texting option, but no one ever texted me. Some tools were left in our room. Our key cards stopped working at one point. You can read more about our experience in my trip report.

What are the personal products like in the bathroom? Are they still doing individual shampoos, etc? If so, what scent? (Trying to decide if we need to bring our own)
Still had individual soap, shampoo, conditioner, and lotion, but I don't remember the scent. I believe there were cotton swabs as well. No face wipes/make-up remover wipes, which would have been nice.

Question - From pictures of this hotel and the Aventura hotel, it appears that they only have showers in the rooms. Is this the case across property?

Question - From pictures of this hotel and the Aventura hotel, it appears that they only have showers in the rooms. Is this the case across property?

There are rooms in RPR that do have tubs with showers over them. I`m sure all hotels are the same, they haven`t just got rid of tubs altogether.

If you want a tub, put your request in with your reservation :thumbsup2

I saw that they have P.O.G. (passion or pineapple + orange + guava) juice at Islands restaurant! Anyone know if it happens to be available at Tuk Tuk or Orchid Court too? Or anywhere else on Universal property? (Looks like Bob Marley's might too.)

can I ask was it the OI website? How long were you looking? How long after buying tickets were you able to secure the room at RPR?
I'm sorry I totally missed this. As soon as I bought the OI tickets there was a link to the discounted hotels. I think it took an hour or 2 of refreshing to get the RPR to show up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter