ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

Yes the lounge is open again on the 7th floor. It opened yesterday morning. Apparently is opened a week ahead of time! It's very nice looking but seems a bit too contemporary looking to us compared to the Polynesian feeling it used to have. That's our opinion though. It's the same layout as before just with an updated look. Still nice to be in here. DH and DD spent the morning in here just working on work/homework as it was quiet and enjoyed the extra space. The fridges are a nice addition though for cold beverages. I know Schumigirl took a bunch of pictures so I'm sure she will post them in the next few days.

Yes the lounge is open again on the 7th floor. It opened yesterday morning. Apparently is opened a week ahead of time! It's very nice looking but seems a bit too contemporary looking to us compared to the Polynesian feeling it used to have. That's our opinion though. It's the same layout as before just with an updated look. Still nice to be in here. DH and DD spent the morning in here just working on work/homework as it was quiet and enjoyed the extra space. The fridges are a nice addition though for cold beverages. I know Schumigirl took a bunch of pictures so I'm sure she will post them in the next few days.
Awesomeness.....thank you so much. We get there this Saturday, so glad its opened back up!

We are heading to Disney and Universal in June. What is a reasonable time in advance to book the Royal Pacific and be able to get a room?

We are heading to Disney and Universal in June. What is a reasonable time in advance to book the Royal Pacific and be able to get a room?
I would book fairly well in advance, especially for summer traveling when all kids are out of school. If you are only doing a day or 2 at RP it may not be that bad to wait a bit, but if you are doing like a week it might be tough. The problem is alotta people will book just one night to get 2 days of Fast Passes so stringing together a full week the longer you wait can get tough. Like we are gonna be there this upcoming week, if you type a full week in right now its completely booked. If you just do a day at at time then there are still several rooms available. Just something to think about.

Yep, they had the date of Oct 6th to open, so they were ahead of schedule.

I did take loads of pictures, well Tom did :D........we were very privileged to be taken up by our friend for a viewing on TM preview day on Friday..........so lots of our pictures are full of balloons and not many people around.

Will be interesting to see how they do the lobby as the refurb of that starts in February.........can’t wait to see how they theme that.

I would book fairly well in advance, especially for summer traveling when all kids are out of school. If you are only doing a day or 2 at RP it may not be that bad to wait a bit, but if you are doing like a week it might be tough. The problem is alotta people will book just one night to get 2 days of Fast Passes so stringing together a full week the longer you wait can get tough. Like we are gonna be there this upcoming week, if you type a full week in right now its completely booked. If you just do a day at at time then there are still several rooms available. Just something to think about.

Thanks. We are doing two nights only

I’m on 7th floor and wondered why rooms were full the other day

Ah, club now reopened!

2 questions I need help with please!

With the rates recently released for my 3/2020 trip I am seeing that it would cost less to book 2 rooms at LRP rather than 1 suite at LPB for my party of 7.

Also I can earn AA points at $5 per $1 spent if I book thru the Loews Hotels website. HOWEVER, on the Loews site they only say a benefit is 1hr early park entry with NO mention of the UEP...which is the reason for booking this throwaway room. Both the Univ and Loews sites have the same exact pricing.

So my question is this just a case of missing info and I have nothing to worry about or is this a perk to booking thru the Universal site?

ALSO
On the Loews site it has a button to click if you are an AAA member but it does not list a discount for the checkout. What is up with this?

Thank you!

With the rates recently released for my 3/2020 trip I am seeing that it would cost less to book 2 rooms at LRP rather than 1 suite at LPB for my party of 7.

Also I can earn AA points at $5 per $1 spent if I book thru the Loews Hotels website. HOWEVER, on the Loews site they only say a benefit is 1hr early park entry with NO mention of the UEP...which is the reason for booking this throwaway room. Both the Univ and Loews sites have the same exact pricing.

So my question is this just a case of missing info and I have nothing to worry about or is this a perk to booking thru the Universal site?

ALSO
On the Loews site it has a button to click if you are an AAA member but it does not list a discount for the checkout. What is up with this?

Thank you!

Unlimited Express is perk for PB, HR, and RP, and it doesn’t matter how the room was booked.

ALSO

Thank you!

@patster734 answered your question about EP.

There may not be an offer available this far ahead with AAA, so maybe keep checking if something does come up you can always have the rate changed at least usually you can.

About what is the discount for RPR in August with an annual pass? Anyone have a price each night on what you paid with AP?

About what is the discount for RPR in August with an annual pass? Anyone have a price each night on what you paid with AP?

What kind of room are you talking about? Standard, Club, Kids Suite?

There is a thread with rates, I believe it’s something like 2018 dates and rates Universal Orlando Hotels

Will be interesting to see how they do the lobby as the refurb of that starts in February.........can’t wait to see how they theme that.

Is this the main lobby? Any idea of what is happening? We’ll be there around then so curious to know if we’re going to be impacted much.

What kind of room are you talking about? Standard, Club, Kids Suite?

There is a thread with ratesD, I believe it’s something like 2018 dates and rates Universal Orlando Hotels
We want a standard with 2 queens. After I posted this question I remembered they had the rates thread :crazy2:. I really didn't see any rates at the beginning of August though, that's when we will be going.

We want a standard with 2 queens. After I posted this question I remembered they had the rates thread :crazy2:. I really didn't see any rates at the beginning of August though, that's when we will be going.

Standards were typically in the $179-$209 area I believe with AP that depends on what time of August early or later.

Is this the main lobby? Any idea of what is happening? We’ll be there around then so curious to know if we’re going to be impacted much.

Yes, main lobby is being revamped too.

It’s going to be done in stages to lessen impact on guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter