RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went again this morning from beach club, walked the boardwalk with my son a few laps then went to HS hoping to avoid some of the crowd with him this morning. Got there 6:50 and was basically in the same spot as yesterday at the flower beds past security. In the park at 7:10, boarding group 65

The sweet spot on the right to get in was maybe 3 or 4 turn stiles from the right. The two far right lanes only had one tap point and not 2

Please log your times. It's only a matter of time before someone tries to see how early they have to be off RotR in order to catch the Hagrid rope drop. :D

Honestly I have been thinking about trying to do that. Though I was going to get a RotR BG that I would come back for AFTER Hagrids, and see if I could hit up all 6 parks in 1 day and ride a major ride at each. Maybe even throw Sea World in there.

Any reports of guests being admitted without BGs at the conclusion of the BGs last night before park closed?

Also any reports of guests being allowed to join boarding groups later than theirs?
Would love to know this too: I would like to be able to get here super early solo, obtain a late BP, go back to my offsite accommodations and pick up my young kids to go somewhere else with them (possibly rope drop FoP), then return solo for ROTR.

Anybody come over in the morning from Orange Lake Resort? Wondering how much time I need to allow to get to DHS by 6am. Hoping my GPS gets me to the right parking lot! We never stay off site so I am nervous!

I'm really starting to regret my grand idea of Christmas break at Disney lol. Got a feeling the family is going to be cranky for our day at HS.

I don’t think it will be any different than previous christmas trips for me. The official park hours this time of year are already earlier and they always open each park at-least 30 minutes earlier than official opening this time of year.

The reality is the parks don’t start getting really busy until late morning.

Last year I rope dropped MK Xmas eve. It was a 7am opening. We got their just before 6. We rope dropped AKs. Got there a hour and a half early and ended up in the first FOP theater. Our Uber canceled on us and we ended up being to DHS 45 minister prior to official opening(15 minutes before they started the tapstiles). We ended up getting in the tail end of SDD. Instantly said it had a 3hr wait but it only took us about 1hr 15. It was before their retiering so we had FPs for everything else.

This year is slightly different, well have two 16 year old exchange daughters going with us. We are also doing Dec 22-Jan 1.

But my park strategies remain the same. Rope drop every morning and Arrive 1.5 hrs. So everything by 11ish. Go back and relax, nap, do dinner at 5 the go to a different park in the evening.

I’ve done well previous Xmas trips, I’ve done two laps around Magic Kingdom on both Christmas Day and Christmas Eve by 11am on separate trips.

The reality is only a small percentage of guests Christmas and New Years week is informed as we are on here. You see a lot of melt downs etc but if you know what you are doing you can do everything pretty quickly and get out before the crowds swell.

Arrived on property 6:05. In line 6:10. Scanned in 6:46. BG 25. I'm happy with that.

Biggest tip: stay to the right, right, right. There are a full extra set of tap styles on the right so any one past the ticket booth gets 2x the tap styles for the same people.

Update to my timing. Completed and off the ride at 10:05am; 4 hours from arrival. Also rode Smugglers Run, RRC, & ToT and had breakfast. Great morning and use of time. Now to do it again Sunday with the wife and kids.

Anybody come over in the morning from Orange Lake Resort? Wondering how much time I need to allow to get to DHS by 6am. Hoping my GPS gets me to the right parking lot! We never stay off site so I am nervous!
If you leave by 5:30, you should easily be parked by 6:00 if not at security by then. DHS is one of the quicker parks to get to from Irlo Bronson Hwy. Google Maps has it as a 19 minute trip right now so at 5:30 you should be there even quicker. I have stayed at Orange Lake many times and find the drive very quick and easy.

NEWS

Skyliner and Minne Van service to be extended to allow for early transport to DHS

All three lines on Disney Skyliner will begin running at 6:45 a.m. and Minnie Van service will begin transporting guests at 5 a.m.

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...mCYuQbm5S1IfWvpvSSmDh4awUV706xYMgF-DBY_T6EMm8

Finally! I have been so surprised they haven't started the Skyliner earlier. Such a shame to have the perfect mode of transportation sit idly by while people are forced to PAY for Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van just to get a chance at a decent boarding group (assuming they aren't in their own vehicle or a rental).
Edit: Though 6:45 still isn't really early enough. But, getting closer. And might be early enough to satisfy some people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter