RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Called BG 6 at 6:44, BG 8 (mine) at 6:47

Went over immediately. Smooth. Walked straight through queue. Off ride at 7:17

Freaking awesome and worth getting up at 4:30am for

Now to find coffee...
Glad you got to experience with a smooth attraction. IMO it hinges all on a seamless transition with minimal wait times between rooms/ shows. Otherwise it’s just meh

Glad you got to experience with a smooth attraction. IMO it hinges all on a seamless transition with minimal wait times between rooms/ shows. Otherwise it’s just meh

Love the hot take! The first night where everyone was quiet to future rides where there’s long transition with people chatting and laughing surprisingly big difference.

Not sure what time they open up between Toy Story Land and Blackspire Outpost but we were able to walk through it this morning at 7:55am. I know it was closed when we first got to TSL.

I've been thinking about this and at first glance, it seems unfair but after further thought, I'm not sure it really matters. Say Disney opened the park early before official posted time but still waited until the posted opening to start excepting boarding groups, the people already in the park are still going to get the boarding groups first while the 7am folks are still trying to get in. It's the same result. Say Disney decides to not open until the posted 7am, the people that get there super early will still be there waiting in the front of line which will result in them getting in first and still getting the boarding groups first again. It's still the same result. Bottom line, if u want to be guaranteed a boarding group number then get there early cause no matter how Disney does it, the end result will always be the same and that's the early bird definitely gets the worm in this scenario. That said, I plan on being at the park around 6am on Friday the 20th and will be shooting for a late afternoon BG.
I'm not sure if "excepting" here means distributing or admitting, but by moving the official opening to 7am, Disney at least avoids the optics of BG distribution completing before official park open. I think we'd all prefer the official opening to return to 8am (or later).

Last edited:
In line for the bus at Pop. Just missed the 6:05 bus. Still standing here at 6:20 staring at a Magic Kingdom double bus with no line. Definitely more than one bus of people waiting.
Bus came shortly after I posted. Walking up to security. Park not open yet. Lines to get in are getting close ish to security.
So much suspense... did you get an acceptable (to you) BG?? 😊

Thanks to everyone for the updates.

left Beach Club at 6:00 driving
Past bag check at 6:15
Tap styles opened around 6:40
In park 6:58, but took a bit for me to register

Got BG 42
Thx for posting. How much time do you estimate driving saved you? 10 mins? I'm debating this myself for our trip.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter