RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the post outlining what its like to arrive in the 6:15 to 6:45 time range vs the 5:00am arrivals. Sorry to hear about @ksromack trouble with uber this morning. My group plans to Uber / Lyft out from the Disney Spring's Hilton on Friday. Is there a consensus on if Uber or Lyft is better in Disney? If not, we can just open both apps and see then.

Thanks everyone!

Are we certain the BG system actually validates that the wristbands have tapped into the park, or is it possible that the geofencing is just validating that the bands are deeper into the park than the entrance?
Disney is now allowing BG joining only after it checks the park entrance system.

It’s tracking by data within each MDX Profile. That’s how the system knows to lock out guests who have ridden once that day - it’s not that they are tracking location at the exit of RotR.

Thanks for the post outlining what its like to arrive in the 6:15 to 6:45 time range vs the 5:00am arrivals. Sorry to hear about @ksromack trouble with uber this morning. My group plans to Uber / Lyft out from the Disney Spring's Hilton on Friday. Is there a consensus on if Uber or Lyft is better in Disney? If not, we can just open both apps and see then.

Thanks everyone!

Based on using both services over the years at WDW, it’s just depends on availability.

Thanks everyone!

We used both our last trip - we would get both open on our app and see which seemed to have more cars in the area and which was a cheaper quote ... granted we never were going at like 6am or anything

I know the Minnie Van service is through Lyft so I would think there would be less issues with Lyft at Disney but not positive

Give yourself some extra time if you are taking Uber/Lyft. Yesterday morning the closest one was 11 minutes away, got halfway to us and cancelled then had to wait another 15 minutes for one. We were at Pop Century and this was 4:50am. Good news is you can take it straight to the park and they drop you off right in front.

Okay, definitely would not wait for a resort bus. I’m staying at an All Star resort. Called for a Lyft at 5:55 and the driver came from dropping off at HS so I had to wait for him to drive to the resort. You might want to preschedule your pick up as it was a steady stream of rideshare cars this morning. About a 10-11 minute ride to HS, I was through security at about 6:20 and the mass of folks was beyond the ticket booths. They let folks in at 6:30 and I got BG 25. You should definitely head straight to what you want to ride first. I changed clothes and got a locker and SDD was 45 minutes by the time I got there. But TSM and Alien Saucers were walk on.

Okay, definitely would not wait for a resort bus. I’m staying at an All Star resort. Called for a Lyft at 5:55 and the driver came from dropping off at HS so I had to wait for him to drive to the resort. You might want to preschedule your pick up as it was a steady stream of rideshare cars this morning. About a 10-11 minute ride to HS, I was through security at about 6:20 and the mass of folks was beyond the ticket booths. They let folks in at 6:30 and I got BG 25. You should definitely head straight to what you want to ride first. I changed clothes and got a locker and SDD was 45 minutes by the time I got there. But TSM and Alien Saucers were walk on.

So you can pre book a lyft ride?

It seems like most people get a Lyft or Uber to the park? Is anyone driving and parking? How much time do you need to allow between arriving/parking to reaching the gate and checking in?

I saw a post on Twitter where they asked CMs why they started with boarding group 8 and they said no particular reason but did confirm that was the first BG if the day (which I think we had acertained)
All I can think is it's psychology and crowd control. If you were in BG #1 or #2 you would head straight for the ride and cluster around the entrance. This way people don't think they are first and will head to other rides and wait for their BG to be called. If there is a delay in opening, the first BG does not really know they are being delayed and they are not stuck waiting at the entrance for CMs to let them in.

It seems like most people get a Lyft or Uber to the park? Is anyone driving and parking? How much time do you need to allow between arriving/parking to reaching the gate and checking in?
It's just going to depend on where you are staying and the drive time to the park. I don't think the lot was terribly full - but I don't think the trams were running so you had to walk to security. They had PLENTY of bag check lines open today - so that was not a big delay at all.

All I can think is it's psychology and crowd control. If you were in BG #1 or #2 you would head straight for the ride and cluster around the entrance. This way people don't think they are first and will head to other rides and wait for their BG to be called. If there is a delay in opening, the first BG does not really know they are being delayed and they are not stuck waiting at the entrance for CMs to let them in.
On Sunday, BGs 1-9 were in effect during EMH.

Disney’s still refining their BG system and prepping for the next EMH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter