RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you Lyft/Uber very early is there a lane they use at the parking entrance to bypass long lines of cars? Or are they stuck in with all the others?
They're stuck with all guest vehicles, after the toll then they have a separate lane for drop off

If you're in an Uber/Lyft that gets stuck in traffic, I'd politely ask to get out there and just walk the rest of the way in past traffic.

Any estimate on what BG group you may get if tapped in at 7:00? We are planning to go next Monday and hope to ride before 3 pm to leave for airport. We also have MK Xmas party the night before.
On opening day I arrived at 5am and they opened the park around 5:23am (scheduled 8am opening). Boarding group #22. I had to leave for the airport at 10am and got called for the ride at 8:49am, on it at 9:10, off at 9:40. I would arrive as early as you can stand. You can always nap on the plane!

They're stuck with all guest vehicles, after the toll then they have a separate lane for drop off
thanks. I think we will leave car at hotel, Lyft over really early, get a BG, then depending on number, hang out... We have an 820 ADR at Riviera hotel for character breakfast, so I think we can Skyliner back and forth for it. Going next Weds, cant wait!!!

If you're in an Uber/Lyft that gets stuck in traffic, I'd politely ask to get out there and just walk the rest of the way in past traffic.
I don't know, I've done RunDisney and from the parking booths to the front of the park is a loooooooooooooooooong walk (plus there's no sidewalk or anything, I feel like Disney security wouldn't like that). I feel like it'd be better to just wait until you're through the booths and then be driven to the drop off lane.

Has anyone used Disney bus and get there by 6:30? We are staying at CSR, not sure if there will be buses at that time? Just me with 2 kids, if no buses guess we will need to Lyft. Thanks all for answering my questions.

the parking lot opens plenty early to allow everyone in and still have enough time to queue up. Only first day were there reports of having to wait to park

Has anyone seen the ticket booths open at 6:30am too? Or do they only open closer to the official park open time?

When I was there Thu-Sat, the ticket booths were open before the park did, because guests needed to convert paper tickets into something linked with the app so that boarding groups would work for them.

Moderators, is there a link to the spreadsheet you have been keeping with opening times, BG running out time, etc. that was very helpful to see, but I’ve lost the link. Is that pinned somewhere? If it is, I’m sorry for the redundancy.

Has anyone used Disney bus and get there by 6:30? We are staying at CSR, not sure if there will be buses at that time? Just me with 2 kids, if no buses guess we will need to Lyft. Thanks all for answering my questions.
Unless something changes - the first bus is USUALLY either 6:30 am or one hour before opening - whichever is EARLIER. I would not risk the bus right now. It might get you there in time to get a boarding group later in the day - it might not. If it picks up up at 6:30 - its still a 10-20 drive to the park, and then you have to walk to bag check, go through bag check, and get to the tapstile - that's likely to be after 7 am at that point. And if you miss that first bus, it could be easily 8 am that you are going through the tapstiles. I'm not sure what time BG's ran out today - but I think it was right about then.

Thurs (8am) and fri (9am)our bus picked us up at around 6:10 and we entered the taps around 6:30. Several guests told me they heard the buses were much earlier, 1 claimed 2:30am bus on Thurs but that seems extreme, even for opening day. I'm pretty sure the buses were running much earlier than the 6:10 we rode, based on the sheer volume of people there before us (group 40 on Thurs, 24/25 Fri), buses running around 5am on days even before 12/5 to other parks like AK (our AK bus driver at 6:25 Thanksgiving said he'd been running since 5am). The guests in bus line in front of us said we just missed a bus as well. However, It could be that the buses were running earlier just for the grand opening and could revert back to typical hrs.

With the several RotR breakdowns, we got on around 11am Thurs., and in the afternoon and early evening after grabbing a 2nd boarding group 69 while in line on Fri (broke down right at the ride while waiting 1 hr.). Got on 3x in the 2 days without taking an uber.

Last edited:
The Uber/Lyft solution for some is to take your uber to the boardwalk resort(maybe Swan too?) and walk down the path along the canal to DHS entrance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter