ROTR Boarding group issues resolution thoughts

JPTexan82

Ever which way but loose
My personal opinion until the issue dies down to increase the ability for more guest to be able to ride. Since DL has so many AP’s. Once you ride, you are not allowed to get an other guaranteed Boarding Group for a period of time (let’s say 14-21 days). You can only be able to book a backup boarding group. This will allow the day guest, vacation groups a better chance as they are there for only a limited amount of time. Who is really winning going to DL at 5:30 in the morning to play a lottery system.
Also as a day guest, nothing is worse than spending $149.00 for a one day ticket and not to be able to experience ROTR.

please correct me if am wrong.

It would help but would just make them sell out a few minutes later after opening. The only real way is to make a real line. A line sets the value on the ride to people. I personally would never ride anything over a 3 hour wait. As now there is zero wait and no cost(not $) so it sells out.

It would help but would just make them sell out a few minutes later after opening. The only real way is to make a real line. A line sets the value on the ride to people. I personally would never ride anything over a 3 hour wait. As now there is zero wait and no cost(not $) so it sells out.
The next question, did Disney build the queue to allow 3-4 hour capacity. Also if Disney wants to have that as an option that would have been from day one. I think they learned the lesson from FOP. The revenue lost when people are standing in line is far greater than an traffic management issue.

My personal opinion until the issue dies down to increase the ability for more guest to be able to ride. Since DL has so many AP’s. Once you ride, you are not allowed to get an other guaranteed Boarding Group for a period of time (let’s say 14-21 days). You can only be able to book a backup boarding group. This will allow the day guest, vacation groups a better chance as they are there for only a limited amount of time. Who is really winning going to DL at 5:30 in the morning to play a lottery system.
Also as a day guest, nothing is worse than spending $149.00 for a one day ticket and not to be able to experience ROTR.

please correct me if am wrong.
That’s on the premise that everyone going to the parks WANTS to experience ROTR. I’ve been told not everyone cares for Star Wars and wants to ride at Galaxy’s edge . So $149. A day if for the Disney land DCA experience not one ride

The next question, did Disney build the queue to allow 3-4 hour capacity. Also if Disney wants to have that as an option that would have been from day one. I think they learned the lesson from FOP. The revenue lost when people are standing in line is far greater than an traffic management issue.
I agree management is a good idea idea but there is very little managing going on. Its a free for all with no costs. The fast pass system has choices and costs to picking a ticket. This boarding group has none and as you said you can do it as many times as you want.

I am not sure about the ride queue max , I am guessing they could set something up something temporarily. Even if it was only for a few hours it would help limit the number of people taking the boarding group.

Disagree. I intend to get an AP but will only be able to visit a few times throughout the year. I don’t want to be limited to one ride on each trip.
Once you buy it, let us know your satisfaction at that point of the Overall experience to get access to the attraction.

I don't think you realize how important APs are to Disneylands business especially compared to Florida.
I’ve seen it suggested in a variety of threads that if AP holders can’t get some sort of guaranteed access to ROTR, or, at a minimum, access availability in the afternoon/evening, then they will pass on coming to the park at all. Is that accurate? Do they not want to come for F&W? The new parade? All the other rides and attractions? I’m just really confused by this assumption.

I’ve seen it suggested in a variety of threads that if AP holders can’t get some sort of guaranteed access to ROTR, or, at a minimum, access availability in the afternoon/evening, then they will pass on coming to the park at all. Is that accurate? Do they not want to come for F&W? The new parade? All the other rides and attractions? I’m just really confused by this assumption.
If you are charing people $1150+ for a pass that doesn't even come with all the rides..... good luck with that.

I don't think you realize how important APs are to Disneylands business especially compared to Florida.
I understand what you are saying. But it’s not entirely true.
But a five day ticket with maxpass is about $485.00. The person that buys that ticket, pays full price for everything else. A season pass holder is getting discounted admission based on their ROI (depends on how many visits vs cost), then discounts on F&B while there if they spend anything at all.

All I am saying is the demand exceeds supply currently and for the time being. Today’s admission/boarding group process is not going to work long term. The AP’s, multi day, CM’s will all have their opportunity to ride. So if you get a chance, allow the lottery to be open to someone else to obtain a first option boarding group. The ones that have riden, get pushed to a backup boarding group bucket. I don’t think a 14-21 day wait period is too much to ask.

For what it’s worth. I follow tons of AP instagrams and YouTube. It usually goes like this:

new thing : tons of AP flock to it. Take pictures. Expirence it. Have to be first.

then it dies down, they will go back every once in awhile for said thing, but not every trip.

this whole discussion about AP holders “not standing for the BG” is just silly to me.

they will go early in the morning every so often to do the ride. but will also continue to come later in the day to do all the other things. At the end of the day it’s 1 ride in Disneyland.

The only thing that will be interesting to see play out is if a local comes, and then gets a BG that doesn’t ride early enough to their satisfaction is that They just won’t show up for it. Which may bode better for the later in the day BG.

personally I don’t think there is any issue with the BG. WDW got to BG 164 today. Disneyland will get there. The ride will become more consistent.
Getting a BG will become more successful. And huge standby line will be avoided for awhile.

For what it’s worth, I’m an AP, I came on Friday and got a BG and rode RotR. It’s great. Amazing! But I also came to the park Saturday and Sunday and didn’t bother even trying for a BG, not because it was too much trouble but just because there were other things I wanted to do (Lunar New Year Festival stuff, for example).

People have their own opinions, but the idea that “APs will hate BGs” is just not true for everyone. I think it’s a good system under the circumstances.

As someone said above, at the end of the day it is 1 ride. Otherwise, the park is basically the same as it was in the weeks before RotR opened, and I was happy then. My world doesn’t revolve around only RotR and I think there have to be others who feel the same way.

I think the comment you were replying to was talking about the OP’s suggestion that APs only get to ride once every three weeks or something...

I think the comment you were replying to was talking about the OP’s suggestion that APs only get to ride once every three weeks or something...
Eh, I'm backing out of the debate :-) Obviously, there are a LOT of very unhappy people out there, but at this point, everyone is just talking in circles. Personally, I haven't heard an idea for boarding ROTR that I think would result in fewer disappointed guests overall than the current boarding group method, but I'm just arm-charing it out here in the square states and don't really know anything at all 😉

I will say I doubt Disney is too fussed by the BG fervor. The press around the opening of SWGE wasn't stellar, and all those people who said, "Just wait until ROTR opens!" turned out to be right. Disney has a smash hit on its hands, and if it's biggest problem is that TOO MANY guests want to get on the thing... well, that's a good problem to have.

Eh, I'm backing out of the debate :-) Obviously, there are a LOT of very unhappy people out there, but at this point, everyone is just talking in circles. Personally, I haven't heard an idea for boarding ROTR that I think would result in fewer disappointed guests overall than the current boarding group method, but I'm just arm-charing it out here in the square states and don't really know anything at all 😉

I will say I doubt Disney is too fussed by the BG fervor. The press around the opening of SWGE wasn't stellar, and all those people who said, "Just wait until ROTR opens!" turned out to be right. Disney has a smash hit on its hands, and if it's biggest problem is that TOO MANY guests want to get on the thing... well, that's a good problem to have.
The way I see it is this: imagine an entire stadium full of people, like a rock concert.

Every single person in the stadium wants to ride RotR. Your boss tells you, “go out there and pick half of these people to ride, and tell the other half it’s not gonna happen.“

You walked out on stage, the audience gets quiet. A spotlight falls on you. Everyone watching... hard-core fans, people on a once-in-a-lifetime trip, a hopeful mom clutches her young son as she waits for you to speak.

You step up to the microphone...

Now, everyone can argue about the best way to handle the situation, but at the end of the day there’s gonna be some unhappy people walking out of that stadium.

The way I see it is this: imagine an entire stadium full of people, like a rock concert.

Every single person in the stadium wants to ride RotR. Your boss tells you, “go out there and pick half of these people to ride, and tell the other half it’s not gonna happen.“

You walked out on stage, the audience gets quiet. A spotlight falls on you. Everyone watching... hard-core fans, people on a once-in-a-lifetime trip, a hopeful mom clutches her young son as she waits for you to speak.

You step up to the microphone...

Now, everyone can argue about the best way to handle the situation, but at the end of the day there’s gonna be some unhappy people walking out of that stadium.
I LOVE this. Also, I totally *saw* that mom with her little boy in my mind's eye. Well done!

I LOVE this. Also, I totally *saw* that mom with her little boy in my mind's eye. Well done!
Yeah, this is the thing I think some people forget when proposing alternate systems to “give people a chance” for various reasons or situations. But at the end of the day the same number of people are going to leave disappointed no matter how you slice it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter