• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rosa Mexicano, opening at the WDW Dolphin Resort on March 19th

Nice! I believe there may have already been a Mexican restaurant there when they first opened. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly? It was quite a while ago.

@disneydreamer781 I think you might be thinking about Picabu; they still have their Tacos, Burritos, Bowls and Loaded Nachos - I do wonder if there might be a change coming there too.

@disneydreamer781 I think you might be thinking about Picabu; they still have their Tacos, Burritos, Bowls and Loaded Nachos - I do wonder if there might be a change coming there too.
No, It wasn't Picabu. This was a table service but again I may be confusing it with another hotel. This was a long time ago.

Yeah, I think I may have found it on Wikipedia. There used to be a Mexican table service restaurant in the Dolphin called Juan & Only's. The name "Juan" in the title sounds about right.

Very excited about this. Fresh had run it's course and honestly as a frequent visitor to the Swalphin this is a major upgrade. The addition of a bar is also very exciting for me.

I called Swolphin the other day and inquired about Rosana Mexicano. Was told that if everything goes well including the inspection. That Rosana Mexicano will open prior to the end of this month March 2023.

Will be keeping an eye open to see if it opens sooner.
Ooh, I love Mexican - I might need to do this. It would mean an agonizing choice as to what ADR to replace, sigh

I looked at the menu, if you read the link in the first post and go all the way to the bottom it is updated to the opening date of tomorrow with menus. I really liked the Fresh Med. breakfast, in the before times you couldn't beat their breakfast bar and juices. This one will have a breakfast bar but you would have to combine it with the pastry bar they have to come close to the original Fresh breakfast bar. Since I'll be at Dolphin in a month, I might eat there one night but I'll probably wait until the next trip and let them get their groove and all the hype die down.

It’s not on the app yet - so impossible to make ADR 🤨🤨🤨🤨

BUT I made one via Open Table for Monday May 1 - EPCOT day - at 7:15pm. I switched it for Jaleo, soncr I really hated to have dinner at Rosa on arrival day...and I didn’t want to replace LTT, SH 71, Flying Fish or Narcoossee’s. Hmmm

The menus look great ! Dinner at Rosa, ice cream at the Fountain (taking tres leches cake back to hotel)…perfect.

* Once Rosa is up on MDE, I’ll book an ADR vid that and cancel my Open Table one

Breakfast looks great, too - yum, they have chilaquiles!
Thank you!

Last edited:
It’s not on the app yet - so impossible to make ADR 🤨🤨🤨🤨

BUT I made one via Open Table for Monday May 1 - EPCOT day - at 7:15pm. I switched it for Jaleo, soncr I really hated to have dinner at Rosa on arrival day...and I didn’t want to replace LTT, SH 71, Flying Fish or Narcoossee’s. Hmmm

The menus look great ! Dinner at Rosa, ice cream at the Fountain (taking tres leches cake back to hotel)…perfect.

* Once Rosa is up on MDE, I’ll book an ADR vid that and cancel my Open Table one

Breakfast looks great, too - yum, they have chilaquiles!
Thank you!

Thanks for letting us know it was on Open Table, Memorial Day was obviously booked up but I just booked an arrival night dinner there since we'll be right next door at the Yacht Club. Gf was really excited about the menu and wanted to try it. We will probably walk back to Epcot afterwards for dessert from booths and fireworks. :)

Thanks for letting us know it was on Open Table, Memorial Day was obviously booked up but I just booked an arrival night dinner there since we'll be right next door at the Yacht Club. Gf was really excited about the menu and wanted to try it. We will probably walk back to Epcot afterwards for dessert from booths and fireworks. :)
You’re welcome! Glad you got a ressie - I think the menu is fabulous! Going back to Epcot is a great idea, but will the booths still be open? If they are, then I’ll be torn between the Fountain and doing that …decisions decisions!

You’re welcome! Glad you got a ressie - I think the menu is fabulous! Going back to Epcot is a great idea, but will the booths still be open? If they are, then I’ll be torn between the Fountain and doing that …decisions decisions!
We booked an early dinner at 5pm specifically so the booths will still be open when we go back in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter