Rosa Mexicano, opening at the WDW Dolphin Resort on March 19th

Looks like this place opens at 6:30am for Breakfast, which might be the earliest a sit down restaurant opens in the entire Boardwalk area. If anybody tries it out, I'd love to know how it is. I'm staying at the Swan in May and it gets really old eating breakfast sandwiches every day before heading in for an early morning at the parks 😃

Looks like this place opens at 6:30am for Breakfast, which might be the earliest a sit down restaurant opens in the entire Boardwalk area. If anybody tries it out, I'd love to know how it is. I'm staying at the Swan in May and it gets really old eating breakfast sandwiches every day before heading in for an early morning at the parks 😃
The menu looks nice tbh and the buffet is slightly cheaper than the one at Ale and Compass. We might have to look into this one.

DW and I ate at Rosa Mexicano for lunch today. We are locals so we just drove over just to try this new restaurant. The ambience, service, and food were all worth returning for. The only real "con" is that they do not validate parking for lunch, which doesn't really make sense to me. We got there right a noon and left around 1pm, and the restaurant was still mostly empty. As locals, the lack of validated parking will deter us from coming for lunch again which is a shame since we really enjoyed it. They do validate parking for dinner. They do not appear to currently offer reservations for breakfast or lunch, but reservations can be made for dinner through the Open Table app.

But aside from that, the food and the service were both excellent. We started with the guacamole made table-side with the add-on of bacon and cotija cheese. This was a great addition to to the complimentary chips and salsa that were provided. For my entree, I ordered the quesadilla off of the "Starters" portion of the menu, with chicken added. This was a good sized portion and easily makes a meal. My only complaint, and this is more psychological than anything, is that the quesadilla was $14, but it was $7 to add chicken. It was $12 to add shrimp, and $15 to add steak. At a total price of $21 I think the chicken quesadilla was a good value for the quality of the food and the portion received, but for some reason knowing that $7 was just for added chicken seemed like a lot to me. Again, I realize this is somewhat silly given that I really have no problem having paid $21 for what I received.

DW had the duck carnitas tacos, which she really enjoyed. I was not a big fan, simply because I do not really like sweeter salsas, so the pineapple in the salsa was not my favorite.

We are excited to return again for their breakfast and dinner menus, and would recommend this restaurant for sure. They do not offer an AP discount, but do offer a 20% castmember discount.

Reactions: DLo
BK, thanks for the review! I have dinner ADR for May 4, but I really want to try and go for breakfast ..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter