Rope dropping Figment

funkyspunky871

Mouseketeer
Words that have never been uttered...

Haha, but seriously. My mom and I are going for a quick trip to WDW next week, and I thought it would be fun to rope drop Figment for a change! We just went to the world in December so we're not necessarily itching to do any of the big-ticket rides (except my favorite Mission:SPACE, which I've rarely seen with a huge line tbh.) We're also headed to MK though. I was thinking about rope dropping BTMRR, but the idea of being alone on a ride is just so... satisfying!

So here's my question: What do you guys think would be the least popular attraction at MK to rope drop??

People Mover, Carousel of Progress, maybe Little Mermaid. But I've been the only one in my log on Splash Mountain the two times I've rope dropped it.

On our last trip, we went straight to It's a Small World at rope drop because it was what both of my kids said they wanted to do as our first ride. It seemed silly to me, but we had FPs for all of the more popular rides we wanted to go on at other points of the day/trip and I wanted to start off the day with everyone happy. We were on the first boat with one other family and my girls were thrilled. So I'd say, IASM is probably one of the least popular rides to rope drop at MK.:flower:

I know it sounds crazy but we usually rope drop Mad Tea Party or IASW on our first MK day. We’re usually the only people headed to either one of those things first :) It’s a tradition for us to have one of those two be our first ride of the trip and we rarely stray from it. We do it because we want to ride them to kick off the trip, not because of any type of advantage.

Sometimes there are a few other people headed to MTP hoping to get a ride with Alice.

Last visit, we broke tradition because my daughter was dressed as Tiana and meeting her was a priority (preferably before my daughter had a chance to mess up her hair/costume :)), so we went to meet Tiana and Rapunzel first. There was one person in front of us and no one behind us.

I’d say the very least popular things to rope drop at MK would probably be Laugh Floor, Country Bears, COP.

If you want to rope drop Figment, go for it! :)

Another person asking you not to laugh to much but my almost 19 year old daughters favorite ride is It's A Small World and since 2008 she has insisted on that ride 1st in Magic Kingdom.

We aren't rope drop people but our first ride is nearly always COP. We follow that with the people mover. They are usually the last two rides we ride also :)

Little Mermaid is not that popular at rope drop, since every one rushes to Peter Pan and Mine Train.

With that being said, our son loves Figment so we tried to ride that first a few times on different trips and for some reason, it was never open first thing in the morning... Maybe plan another ride for Epcot.

We RD Dumbo. It may sound "weird" to others but as someone stated, it's our tradition to make it our first ride. We not the line won't be long nor will people rush to it but that's a plus in my book.
I love that! Sometimes having a tradition opposite of what the crowds are doing makes for even more magic. We skip the fireworks and enjoy a less crowded fantasy land while the fireworks go off above us. It’s wonderful.

Imagine RD It's Tough to Be a Bug at AK. If you were the only ones in the theater, I think it'd be really weird. Nobody screaming, laughing, etc....just silence.

If its what you want to do, go ahead and do it.

FWIW, on our last trip in February 2018, around 10am on a Monday morning I noticed that the line for Figment stretched outside and alongside the building. The CMs had set up ourdoor rope queues for it. There was a 30 minute posted wait! It was a surprise to me, since I didn't think that the wait for Figment would EVER be that long.

If its what you want to do, go ahead and do it.

FWIW, on our last trip in February 2018, around 10am on a Monday morning I noticed that the line for Figment stretched outside and alongside the building. The CMs had set up ourdoor rope queues for it. There was a 30 minute posted wait! It was a surprise to me, since I didn't think that the wait for Figment would EVER be that long.
I'm guessing Figment wasn't open yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter