Room request, I used the chat feature

Always just use touring plans to select room. I'm close to my request or the exact room about a third of the time... better than I ever got with Disney checkin options or calling.

I have such a hard time doing that with TP. Every time I put a request in it says there are no room in that category. For instance, I try to request a King room NOT on the 5th floor of an outer building.

What am I doing wrong

We are currently trying the room request via Chat for the first time ourself's. We are doing a combined 18 days stay of 2 nights at Vero, a 4 night Wish cruise sandwiched in between, followed by 12 nights on property split into 7 nights at VGF, 2 nights at BWV and 3 nights at CCV.
We requested refurbished rooms for Vero and BWV as well as higher floors for VGF and CCV. I don't have much hope, but still very curious which requests will be granted :D ;)

Always just use touring plans to select room. I'm close to my request or the exact room about a third of the time... better than I ever got with Disney checkin options or calling.
Do you really have luck with Touring Plans room request? We have a subscription and I've been Leary of doing it. Have you also had a specific request on file with Disney as well? We're at YC and my mom uses a scooter. We do NOT want to have to battle the elevators and would prefer a ground floor.

Do you really have luck with Touring Plans room request? We have a subscription and I've been Leary of doing it. Have you also had a specific request on file with Disney as well? We're at YC and my mom uses a scooter. We do NOT want to have to battle the elevators and would prefer a ground floor.
I don't request a specific room via TP, just ground floor. I think the simpler the request, the easier to get it fulfilled. We follow up at the front desk when we arrive since it's usually before 10am. More often than not, they are able to confirm we have a 1st floor room. The 2 or 3 times out of 15+ trips that we didn't have one already, they were able to find us a first floor room all but once (and we could move to one the next day).

I usually do the regular Disney check in 30+ days out with no room requests and then put in a touring plans request. Like I said, we are usually close to where we wanted to be fairly consistently. We have gotten the exact room we requested 3 times out of 20 or so trips. Close to the area another 5 or 6 times

I usually do the regular Disney check in 30+ days out with no room requests and then put in a touring plans request. Like I said, we are usually close to where we wanted to be fairly consistently. We have gotten the exact room we requested 3 times out of 20 or so trips. Close to the area another 5 or 6 times
We have also had good luck with the TP room requests. 4 out of 4 so far. I never requested a specific room, but have asked for (and gotten) specific buildings or locations.

I have such a hard time doing that with TP. Every time I put a request in it says there are no room in that category. For instance, I try to request a King room NOT on the 5th floor of an outer building.

What am I doing wrong
Are you sure the room type you requested exists? Some category combinations just aren’t possible. For a fictional example, let’s say all king rooms are in outer buildings. In that case there would be no rooms in your requested category.

Perhaps it’s also the way you phrased it. Did you mean not on the 5th floor AND not in an outer building? Or would any other floor of an outer building be fine? Or 5th floor elsewhere? Generally it’s better to say what you want than what you don’t want: king room, lower floor, main building. And then hope that combo exists.

Are you sure the room type you requested exists? Some category combinations just aren’t possible. For a fictional example, let’s say all king rooms are in outer buildings. In that case there would be no rooms in your requested category.

Perhaps it’s also the way you phrased it. Did you mean not on the 5th floor AND not in an outer building? Or would any other floor of an outer building be fine? Or 5th floor elsewhere? Generally it’s better to say what you want than what you don’t want: king room, lower floor, main building. And then hope that combo exists.

I usually start by just requesting a king room in an outer building. It shows me maybe one and I know there are many others. Not a lot but they usually show only Sago Key facing the woods

I usually start by just requesting a king room in an outer building. It shows me maybe one and I know there are many others. Not a lot but they usually show only Sago Key facing the woods
Is this on the website where they show you the views from that room? I think the information on there depends on user submissions of photos and they might only have one for the type you are requesting. So that’s why one or none show up. You can still change the verbiage on the request form to say whatever you want the room to be.

Is this on the website where they show you the views from that room? I think the information on there depends on user submissions of photos and they might only have one for the type you are requesting. So that’s why one or none show up. You can still change the verbiage on the request form to say whatever you want the room to be.
Yes it is on their website.
Where is there a request form?
Thanks for the help

Yes it is on their website.
Where is there a request form?
Thanks for the help
Once you select a room on the website and put in a request for that room, it should generate a request form that you can edit. You might have to go look for it on your TP account after you make the selection. I remember I had a little trouble finding it last time. It is not sent to Disney immediately, so you can still make changes.

The form itself will say something clinical like “room 7366, sw facing” or something along those lines. I usually delete that and write a short, polite note. Those requests are still read by humans, after all, so it won’t hurt to be nice.

So on the website, you select the room type you want in the building you want or nearby, delete the prewritten request and say something like:

We would like a king room on a lower floor, ideally in buildings x, y or z. Thank you for your consideration.

It’s good to prioritize your request criteria. If that exact room isn’t available, the person assigning rooms will then know what’s most important to you and can probably accommodate your main priority.

What am I doing wrong
You're doing nothing wrong. That's my biggest issue with them, I have found them to be highly inaccurate with room types, room amenities, etc.

What am I doing wrong
You usually stay at GF so guessing there. My gut is telling me TP does not know where the king rooms are. There are very few in outer building. I would call and make your request. It is pretty straight forward. Beware you still can get a dormer if on 4th floor outer building on the ends where the roof line cuts in.
Oh Sl only has 4 floors and some 3rd have dormer ceilings.
Good Luck!

We used TP room request successfully for our 2020 trip and are trying it again for our trip coming up next month. I edited the request that they autogenerated because I don't really care about specific room numbers my main request is connecting rooms and continuing from another reservation. Fingers crossed.

I didn't know you could use chat for this or I might have tried. I have had excellent results with chat on other issues. But now that my TP requests have been sent I am not going to muddy those waters with trying anything else.

I used the chat for this trip. Requested the building and preferably the 3rd floor. Got the right building, but the ground floor. It's been fine.

I just used the chat feature to make a room request for our upcoming WL arrival one week from today. I usually call reservations and speak to a CM to add my request, but this time decided to try the chat feature. It worked great!

I opened my MDE account and when to my plans. The chat window opened while I was looking at my reservations as it usually does and this time I asked for help. A CM came on almost immediately and I asked if I could add a room request. I explained what I wanted, which was an open balcony at WL. I hate the dormer balconies and want to make sure that they knew it. He sent me a confidential form to fill out. This form opened in a second window, right next to the chat window. I had to fill out the usual ID info and I added my reservation number. It was very easy and faster than calling Disney.

:)

Just to give everyone a heads up about the Disneyland experience about making room requests through chat. THEY DONT WORK!

I chatted with a cast member and put in a king bed for the GC. They said they put it in yet my reservation didn’t state anything about a request. I called in and they said they didn’t see any requests so they put it on my account and I could confirm from the Disneyland app that the request was now put in.

The following year I once again chatted with someone to put in the same request, and nothing. I called in and they once again said no requests were put in. Fine maybe just another CM not doing anything.

Two months later I added an extra day but it reset my room request and I chatted with a CM on the website and yet again, they told me they put the request in. The website said “no room requests made” so I called in and the cm also confirmed that the room request wasn’t put in but they did it over the phone and it showed up on the app. This was my trip from last month btw.

Moral of the story, if you actually want a room request DONT USE THE CHAT FEATURE!

I’m 0/6 with chat! (The other three times I did it for my mother too as we were going together and had different rooms but she had the exact same issues)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter