Room request, I used the chat feature

I did that for our last trip. Someone here had mentioned it could be done. Asked the first agent, he told me that's impossible, I have to call. I said I don't that's right and he (rather rudely too) told me I was wrong.

I disconnected, connected with a new agent, and the new agent did it right away, no problem.

I did that for our last trip. Someone here had mentioned it could be done. Asked the first agent, he told me that's impossible, I have to call. I said I don't that's right and he (rather rudely too) told me I was wrong.

I disconnected, connected with a new agent, and the new agent did it right away, no problem.
Disney! So hit or miss with their chat and phone reps. No wonder no one wants to chat or call.
Thanks for the info -- I might try chatting next time for a room request.

Did you actually request a specific room or just the general options like “near a bus stop” or “on the ground floor” that you do when you do online check-in?

Did you actually request a specific room or just the general options like “near a bus stop” or “on the ground floor” that you do when you do online check-in?

Not all Resorts give you these options when you do online check-in. None of the resorts I've ever stayed at have had anything other than "near elevator".

I've used the chat feature numerous times (usually about a week before check-in) to request general options, i.e., higher floor. I usually don't get them, lol, but I still try. I once made a request for ANYTHING BUT the 1st floor, yeah guess where I was - only 2 bedroom on the ground floor. 🤷‍♀️ I've been lucky and never been told to call for a room request when using the chat. They have always at least noted my request.

Not all Resorts give you these options when you do online check-in. None of the resorts I've ever stayed at have had anything other than "near elevator".

I've used the chat feature numerous times (usually about a week before check-in) to request general options, i.e., higher floor. I usually don't get them, lol, but I still try. I once made a request for ANYTHING BUT the 1st floor, yeah guess where I was - only 2 bedroom on the ground floor. 🤷‍♀️ I've been lucky and never been told to call for a room request when using the chat. They have always at least noted my request.
Gotcha!! Yeah, I’m afraid requesting “near a bus stop” will result in the farthest room in the farthest building possible from the bus stop. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Now if you actually get your request is the question. I have never successfully gotten my request that was made through the chat. I get it isn't guaranteed and I deal with it. I just haven't had good luck with it.

I just chatted to ask for closest to bus stop. They asked me if I had a preferred room, which I don't. So they said those were the only rooms by the bus. I said I understood I'm not asking for those, just the closet of standard rooms. Nope, they refused. Said the request was not possible. 🙄

We have had really good luck with room requests when we call in and add it to our reservation. But as for the Chat feature, it has been totally useless the few times I tried using them and I would not trust it at all.
I just chatted to ask for closest to bus stop. They asked me if I had a preferred room, which I don't. So they said those were the only rooms by the bus. I said I understood I'm not asking for those, just the closet of standard rooms. Nope, they refused. Said the request was not possible. 🙄
So helpful :rotfl:

I would just call and add the request. Whether you get your request is one story, but when I call the CM have always been helpful in adding:typing in whatever I have asked for—they always remind me that it’s not guaranteed. 😉

Call me cynical but I’m a little anal with my room requests, I trust phone over chat. Not totally sure of this but I think like many companies Disney’s chat at least starts with bots - I’m less trusting that I ever actually get a real human to complete the task. Could be wrong and I’m worried about ghosts, just my view though. :-)

Our last stay it was critical we had a ground floor for mobility reasons-no elevators at the resort. I called and had them add the reason for the request (guest in wheel chair). Every time I’d call to make a payment, I’d have them double check our request. Even though we did online check-in, I still went to the front desk to make sure our room was as requested. I don’t trust chat features since most use bots and ive needed to call in the end.

I went on to my MDE and sent in my room request through the chat function. Easy peasy. Took like 5-6 minutes tops.
Oh nice. thanks for sharing. I always dread having to call. This will make it so much easier. I only ever think of the chst feature while I'm there...good to know it's useful before as well.

lol... (sorry you had to deal with that though), but just so typical Disney CMs. This is why this board is so helpful. I feel badly for those who don't know any better and just take what a CM says as factual. - Totally get why they do (we should be able to,) but man that's one of the frustrating parts about Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter