Room Request Changes: Drop Down Only

RoseGold

DIS Veteran
I'm checking in to my reservation and they removed the ability to type in your room request! It's a drop down now. For beach club, the only option is "Near Elevator." BOO.

In the past, I used this to ask for a high floor, or for an accessible room when we were traveling with a wheelchair but didn't have one booked.

I guess all of you were requesting room numbers and all that nonsense all the time.

The online checkin drop-down list of room requests has been getting shorter all the time. I guess they really want you to chat/email/call MS. I’m glad the chat/email options exist because I hate calling. (And I rarely make requests other than “high floor” for BW view. No specific room numbers.)

Had the same experience when staying at Coronado tower recently, the only option available was near elevator. Ended up having to do it through chat.

If it's any help, I just started putting in my room requests by Emailing MS as of a couple years ago. So far, I've always gotten my requests (as long as you count my request for upper floor being filled with second floor of a 5 floor building).

Funny, I never realized you could type in any requests during online check-in. All I've ever seen was the drop down box with just a few options :confused3. I guess I wasn't looking in the correct place before.

However, I did have one new thing pop up yesterday. I sent MS an email with a couple of room requests. A couple of hours later I received a response that for security reasons I needed to log into my account on the DVC website and use the email link from there. That was new to me. I've always just emailed them directly before.

I use Touring Plans. I always get almost exactly what I want. The last 2 times at BRV we actually got the exact room we requested.

We sent an email last time but MS messed it up ( they only passed some of our request to the resort front desk) and we got a room we didn't like and had to change rooms two days later

This seems to be the continuation of the process to minimize online requests when doing online check-in. I stopped using that request section when doing online check-in, and instead went only to making requests through MS, when a number of years ago for AKV the online tool eliminated many different, relevant requests, and reduced requests to only a few, two of which were actually useless; (a) for a DVC check-in at Jambo you could request high floor when all the DVC rooms are on the fifth floor (except for the 5 club level rooms on the 6th); and (b) for Kidani you could request "near an elevator" when there are six elevator locations throughout the resort and a "near elevator" request could be met by putting you in any room that exists in Kidani.

I went to check in today and there was no ability to submit a room request (on a desktop computer or on the app on my phone). No drop down - nothing. I then went to DVC website to submit request via chat (have never done that before). I answered a few automated questions & when I answered the prompt saying it was about an upcoming reservation, the system listed the MS phone number and then ended the chat. Guess I'm calling MS now.

I went to check in today and there was no ability to submit a room request (on a desktop computer or on the app on my phone). No drop down - nothing. I then went to DVC website to submit request via chat (have never done that before). I answered a few automated questions & when I answered the prompt saying it was about an upcoming reservation, the system listed the MS phone number and then ended the chat. Guess I'm calling MS now.
I had the same issue. Clicked on chat a few minutes later and was able to connect to an agent.

I also did online checkin and times for checkin now say 4pm or earlier and then 4, 5, 6, etc. I guess again, if you put 11 am, it somehow gave people the impression that it was a possibility.

I’ve been very lucky with my requests. I had a studio at BWV last weekend, requested top floor, Village Green by email to Member Services and also to Touring Plans. Got 5059, perfect. I leave the online checkin blank. We came from 3 nights at Universal, I checked in at the front desk around 9:30am and got the room ready text at 12:30pm.

I use Touring Plans. I always get almost exactly what I want. The last 2 times at BRV we actually got the exact room we requested.
I have had excellent luck with TPs as well. But, does Disney even accept fax request or email room request from them anymore?

I have had excellent luck with TPs as well. But, does Disney even accept fax request or email room request from them anymore?
Apparently they do. I just got the exact room I requested as recently as March. Plus, I just got an email from them today that they have placed my request for our trip next month.

I never get my requests- indeed i seem to often get the opposite. At BWV std studio I do not think I have been higher than floor 2 or gone further down the corridor than the first bend. I always ask for high floor near the tennis court!

Last stay i gave no request, and still got the same room as before!

I also did online checkin and times for checkin now say 4pm or earlier and then 4, 5, 6, etc. I guess again, if you put 11 am, it somehow gave people the impression that it was a possibility
We were always honest with our times and more often than not we had rooms ready within an hour or two (but always after 10am). I think many people put in earlier times hoping to have a room ready and then arrrived later, leaving other guests who could have used a room early to sit around the lobby and maybe even complain.

Disney tried to keep the target arrival time and asked us to update arrival time if any changes, but ultimately there must have been more "early" demand than can be accommodated and handled.

I checked in at the front desk around 9:30am and got the room ready text at 12:30pm.

And it's folks like you that arrive at the resort early that should be accommodated before folks who put in early wait times and are assigned an early room but don't arrive until hours after they said they'd arrive.

I never get my requests- indeed i seem to often get the opposite. At BWV std studio I do not think I have been higher than floor 2 or gone further down the corridor than the first bend. I always ask for high floor near the tennis court!

Last stay i gave no request, and still got the same room as before!
And I ask for close to elevator and get the tennis courts.

We always go during the off times (and arrive early at the resort) so that might be a reason I have gotten my room requests more frequently.

If Disney could (easily) monitize early arrival and room location request they would. There's no way this hasn't crossed thier mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter