Room Request Changes: Drop Down Only

We were always honest with our times and more often than not we had rooms ready within an hour or two (but always after 10am). I think many people put in earlier times hoping to have a room ready and then arrrived later, leaving other guests who could have used a room early to sit around the lobby and maybe even complain.

Disney tried to keep the target arrival time and asked us to update arrival time if any changes, but ultimately there must have been more "early" demand than can be accommodated and handled.

And it's folks like you that arrive at the resort early that should be accommodated before folks who put in early wait times and are assigned an early room but don't arrive until hours after they said they'd arrive.
They recently changed online checkin. The first choice is “before 4:00” (I’m DVC). That’s why I made sure I checked in at the desk when I got there at 9:30. It triggered the “your room is not ready” email right away, so I assume they update online checkin with the actual time.

Last edited:
When I make a room request at Aulani, I call the hotel directly, or, since I usually have another reservation in place when I’m there, I just go to the front desk. We always get the request fulfilled.

When we check in at WDW, with the room being never ready, I just ask them then. They usually ask me if I’d like to wait for said request, or get another room that’s ready sooner. We usually just ask to wait, and that’s worked out for us too.

That silly, ridiculously limited drop down menu has always been sadly inadequate.

I have always had a mixed-bag with requests. But I also always assume that I’m going to get what I get within the room category booked. Setting low expectations helps, lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter