Room charging with MagicBands

It may have changed since the last time we stopped there, but the small stand in the American Pavilion that sells funnel cake only took cash.

A couple of years ago when I was on the dining plan I used my magic band to redeem a snack credit at that little stand. The pumpkin spice funnel cake sounded better than it tasted.

Then just pay cash instead of charging to your magic band. Disney still accepts cash, credit and debit cards for payment on almost everything. There are a few vendors that only accept cash.

Yes, they do take cash. But that's pretty much the most inconvenient way to purchase something. Taking cash out, dealing with the change, etc. I'd use gift cards before I'd do that.

A couple of years ago when I was on the dining plan I used my magic band to redeem a snack credit at that little stand. The pumpkin spice funnel cake sounded better than it tasted.
I concur, they take magic bands. We just used ours there, had to clear off the powdered sugar from the machine to put our pin # in!

Does the front desk need to physically see the credit card upon check in(to verify it)?
The card on our MDE account and for online check-in is my parent's card as they want to pay for any souvenirs. But the card won't physically be in Disney with me, as my parents won't be.

Hi!
I'm wondering how charging to your room works.
For example, I put my card and PIN when I check in online, great, done.

Once at the parks, for example I buy a souvenir, do they charge IMMIDEATELY after I put the pin code or do they add it all up at check out and THEN I can pay with CC/cash ? I have heard limits and stuff but I don't quite get it.

Thanks !
Was just there, in the last two weeks, stayed at POR- our credit card was charged to the card on file with our Magic Bands/Pin would be billed nightly during the stay. The front desk explained to me that each night around 3:30am, they bill the card on file with your purchases for that day. Sounds like it's changed. In prior stays we could pay our expenses at check out before our purchases hit the card on file.

Does the front desk need to physically see the credit card upon check in(to verify it)?
The card on our MDE account and for online check-in is my parent's card as they want to pay for any souvenirs. But the card won't physically be in Disney with me, as my parents won't be.
No, the front desk doesn't care anything about the card. There was no verification of my debit card at all.

FYI: the charge limits are Value $1500, Mods and Deluxe $2000.
We did have a charge against our CC after only a few days where we had some big ticket items charged, but I had them reverse it and I paid it off using our GCs. My standard practice is to stop by the front desk every few days and pay off any outstanding balance using our GCs.

If you do online check-in and get the text to bypass the check-in, then no. But every time we have checked in at the front desk they have always asked for the CC we have on file.

If you do online check-in and get the text to bypass the check-in, then no. But every time we have checked in at the front desk they have always asked for the CC we have on file.

Okay. If we have email down as our main contact, will this work do you know? Do they just send a message saying you are ready to bypass check-in(or something to that extent) and pick up your magic bands?

Do you get the bands when you check in? Or do they send them is the mail? We haven't been since they started using them.

After reading this I will probably just use my Disney Gift cards to pay and not charge to Magic band, sounds like a hassle to go back to resort desk every day before they charge cc.

Hi!
I'm wondering how charging to your room works.
For example, I put my card and PIN when I check in online, great, done.

Once at the parks, for example I buy a souvenir, do they charge IMMIDEATELY after I put the pin code or do they add it all up at check out and THEN I can pay with CC/cash ? I have heard limits and stuff but I don't quite get it.

Thanks !

We've always been charged at the end of our vacation when we check out - just one large charge to our cc. Love being able to do it this way, so easy and hassle free!

We've always been charged at the end of our vacation when we check out - just one large charge to our cc. Love being able to do it this way, so easy and hassle free!
Hello. I have a question about charging to magic bands. I am planning on linking multiple cards to the same room, and I know we have to do that at the front desk. Since I am staying at a deluxe resort, the limit is $1500 for each card, I am assuming. My question is how much money needs to be on each card when we check in? Some people are going to have debit cards, which require money to be in their checkings account, not savings. Say they charge the card at a certain point and there is no money on it. We are only planning to spend about $200 each on our cards, so I was wondering how they would go about that. We would obviously have about $300 on each of our cards, but does Disney determine what is too little money for a card since people could scam them. For our dinners I am planning to pay with gift cards. Can I do that at the restaurant with the physical gift cards instead of at the desk? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter