roll call 10/23/04 Western Magic w/kids

tinkerfun

Mouseketeer
We are traveling with our DD9 and DS7. Anyone else with similar age kids going on this cruise? This will be our first cruise.
:thewave:

We're with you!

There is another thread, where a few more from this cruise have posted. DH and DS12, DD9 and myself will be there!

We're also on the 7/2/05 Magic out of LA.

:bounce:
Fran

I looked through another roll call for the 10/23/04 cruise, but didn't really see any kids listed (I probably just missed them), so I thought I'd start a kids one in case a few of them wanted to get in touch before the cruise.

I thought it would be helpful to have veteran cruisers with kids help us newbies out with any kid related questions.

Will your DD9 be spending time at the Oceaneer Lab?

Julie

My kids always start off in the lab, but ALWAYS meet a friend, and then they start doing other things together.

My advice is to go to the lab the first night. That's when most friendships are "made"
Fran

My 2 kids are going and I posted on the other thread. Maybe we can use this one for the kids.

Timmy: I'm Timmy and I like golf andthe music group Rush. I had fun on my last cruise because I made some email friends beforehand.

Cassie: My name is Cassie and I'm 6. I like swimming, and ice cream, and jump rope, and movies, and bike riding, and goofing around with friends, and going to the beach, and ... (snipped by mom)

Hi! :wave2:

This will be our 1st time cruising, ever. We are a little anxious, but very excited. :bounce:
It will be me, my DH, our DS 3, DS 9(almost 10), & DD 7.

We've posted on the other thread, too & there are a few other kid's around "our" kid's age.

Are any of you going on excursions?

Cheri, I noticed you asked if anyone is doing Capt. Marvin's sting ray city. (on the other thread). We are doing the morning 1/2 day & a few other people are too. :)

Anyway, I will have my 2 older kid's post tomorrow. They are in the middle of something now. -Jen :sunny:

Hi, my name is Christopher and I'm 10 years old. I can't wait for the cruise! I like Yu-Gi-Oh cards, swimming, strumming my guitar, :rockband: and playing Pokemon on my Gameboy (and picking on my little sister). We are planning on going to Mickey's Halloween party the night before the cruise. :earboy2:

If you would like to email me, I can write back to you. :)

My name is Sydney and I'm 6 years old. I like swimming, riding my bike, and playing with my cats. I can't wait to see the ocean and play on the beach too! :sunny: I am going to see a dolphin in Mexico ... I am very
excited! I will write back if you email me.
:)

Hi! My name is Julie and with DH, DD9 & DS7, this will be our first cruise.

My DS7 likes to play video games & play soccer.

DD9 enjoys drawing and playing with her friends.

DS7 saw the Oceaneer Club in print and on video with pirate play, etc. and then he saw the Oceaneer Lab with the computerers, etc. He is worried about being stuck in the Oceaneer Club and not enjoying the activites they provide, when it looks like he would really like the Oceaneer Lab. (He is tall for his age and his best friend is 11, so he acts older than his age.) In the passporter it says they will bump them up to the next group if they are within one month of the age. Does anyone know how strict they are on that? He will be 4 months shy of the age cutoff.

Thanks for any info. DH and I were hoping for some quality adult time on the cruise after spending a week in WDW with the kids. I'd hate to find that DS hates the Club, can't go to the Lab and spends all his time moping with us.

tinkerfun-

if you haven't already, ask this question on the other "Roll Call" forum. There are a ton of families there who have taken loads of cruises. I'm sure someone has an answer. The link is in one of the posts above.

Hi, my name is Amy. We are taking our 3rd Discney Cruise---DH, DD4 and DS2

DD4 is looking forward to the Oceaneer Club and meeting new friends. We are planned on doing the MNSSH Friday before cruising. Has anyone heard if there is any cool Halloween party/ trick or treat on the cruise? On the other thread roll call for the Oct 23 the only mentoin was a Pirate dinner. Would really enjoy hearding some additional information.

Getting quite anxious

::MinnieMo

Hello all,

My name is Martin. I am 11. I like computer and gameboy I can beat most games and I can't wait until the cruise!

My name is Ian. I am 8 tomorrow! I cant wait tal we get on the magic ! :D I cant tel we can play at quartermsasters !!!!!!

Hi Everyone! :wave2:

My name is Adam & I'm 9, 10 next month. :teeth:
I like snowboarding, video games & I LOVE chocolate donuts! :tongue: I can't wait for the cruise & snorkling. I hope to see a shark. NOT! Oh, and I'm with you timmy. I love to pick on my little sister to. :bounce:

Hi, I'm Haleigh & I'm 7 1/2. I like to swim, dance, catch bug's, & I love horses. I can't wait to meet everyone and make new friends.
:Pinkbounc

HeyAdam,

It was Christopher that said he liked to pick on his sister. But actually I am good at that too. I make her squeal alot. It drives my mom crazy.

I can't wait to snorkle too!

Timmy

Hi everyone!

This is a good idea, the kids will really enjoy this! I am going to get my DD to read these when she gets home -- even though she is grounded from TV and Game Cube :(

What to do when your 6 year old is as stubborn as you are? :confused:

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well, this back to school thing is really keeping me busy.

As for Stingray City, we are leaning towards only a 1hr excursion there because DH and I really want to do a submarine excursion, too!

We still haven't decided what we are doing -- I am usually so better prepared!

Hi Timmy,

Where are you guy's going snorkling? We are going to captain marvins. I tried to e mail you, but I coudn't get through. Are you guy's doing anything in cozumel? -Adam :bounce:

Hi, my name Melinda and I am 6.5 years old. I like playing with my cats, swimming, and playing outside, too!

I have a sister who will be 4 when we go on the cruise. Her name is Chloe. She likes playing with friends!

We are going to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party the night before the cruise. We will be eating at Liberty Tree Tavern at 4pm. Is anyone else going? We will be dresses (probably) as Aurora and Jasmine.

We are excited to go to the Kids Club -- it sounds like fun!
We love the princess: princess: princess: !

Bye for now,
Melinda and Chloe
(I have to go to school right now!)

Hi everyone-
My name is Leah. I am 4 years old and I enjoy catching butterflies, swimming and playing Disney princess dress up. I am looking forward to meeting Chloe in the Oceaneer's Club.

I also have a little brother who is turning 2 right before the cruise.

My mom asked about Halloween activities on the cruise and received this email from Disney Cruise Line.

" Onboard, featured events will include family trick-or-treating, as well as themed parties for the children and for the teens. For adults, we offer a Halloween party with a costume contest with prizes being awarded to the best of the best. Guests of all ages are encouraged to bring their
costumes!"

I am looking forward to celebrating Halloween in Disney and on the cruise.
Right now mom wants me wearing Minne Mouse but I still want to dress up as Ariel or Snow White.

::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

Really???? there is Halloween stuff? I thought there was not supposed to be anything on our dates. What days, did they tell you?

Carla

Carla-
I only sent an email the Disney Cruise line and asking about our 7 day cruise and mentioned Western Carribbean and Magic. I think I want to call them as well and I will pass along any additional information. If anyone has any other information please pass it along.
Looking forward to meeting other kids. Last Disney cruise DD4 did not spend much time in the club but hopefully she will meet friends earlier.

Amy
::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter