Rogers the Musical coming to DCA this summer!! **Edit: Opens 6/30**

Saw the 12:30 Saturday July 1st showing. I think it is the best stage show Disney has ever had! Virtual Q is just like the rest. Prior to 10:30 you confirm party. Hit “refresh” icon at bottom of screen or pull down to refresh. The join queue (the important part) pops up, which is the one to push fast. I use seconds on watch to prep. Each time you refresh it shows time you did it. Practice a couple minutes prior so you will be refreshing at exact time 10:29 is switching to 10:30. (Or 1:59 to 2:00). Queue bars will fill as approach show time. Hang out at entry for that last bar to fill to receive scan bar. (Was 30 minutes before show range). You go in at theatre marquee doors, following line to scanning area. (Bar in app or magicband+). Pick Orchestra or Mezzanine line. (Mezzanine is my pick for best viewing of entire stage activity). Enjoy the show!!

We saw this on Saturday, July 1. We walked up about 25 minutes before curtain and did standby, entering through the door on the left. There is a standby sign, but you can't really notice it unless right in front of the door. You wait outdoors before being instructed to take the stairs up to the balcony. There were still plenty of balcony seats available by the time the show began.

We also walked by on our way to Guardians on July 4 and they were again ushering people through the far left door to enter the standby queue. There is no shade or canopy while you wait (you're lined up in the large open space to the right of the Hyperion), so it's good to be prepared to be in sun.

We saw the 4pm show on July 4th. Interestingly, they called the people that registered for the virtual queue in groups in order. We got into the virtual queue exactly at 2pm using our old Rise of the Resistance techniques (atomic clock, multiple people trying) and were one of the first groups called. They let us pick mezzanine or orchestra for lining up, and we were able to get first row of the mezzanine. That includes climbing a lot of steps, btw, for those that are not good with steps you might want to pick orchestra.

The show was fantastic - energetic and fun. Less cheesy than I expected (which could be a good or bad thing I suppose). Really talented cast. I would highly recommend going, but it was a major time suck. We were waiting in the queue for almost 40 minutes after they called our group, the show started about 10 minutes late, and then it ran about 40 minutes. So overall, around a 2 hour investment.

The show was fantastic - energetic and fun. Less cheesy than I expected (which could be a good or bad thing I suppose).
I was wondering whether it would have a different tone from the "excerpt" we saw on "Hawkeye." From reports I've read and the little bit of a YouTube video I watched, it appears that they are indeed playing it seriously instead of being eye-rollingly cheesy as in the TV show.

My family saw it twice -- July 4 and 5 -- both 12:30 showings (thanks to the Teen's fast fingers on the VQ attempt). We all loved it -- so fun! The story is good, the songs are catchy, just a great time. :-)

A relative attended earlier this week and was disappointed in the show. She knows Marvel inside and out, but really didn't like the show. Another friend attended yesterday. He walked up 15 min before the show started and got balcony seats. He said there were approx 30 empty seats when the show started. He also didn't care for the show. He appreciated the talent, but found parts of it difficult to understand.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I've read so many glowing reviews on this forum, and I was surprised to hear two people this week that didn't care for it.

Hello, We saw the 5:30 show on Friday 7/7 with Premium Reserved seating.

We had Early Entry as a DLR hotel guest, I went over to purchase at 7:58 after riding a few Attractions.​
My DH and DS were not originally with me and the CM in charge stated that your entire party must be present to attach the wristbands. Luckily, they were exiting GOTG and hustled over. She allowed me to purchase for the show time I wanted (5:30) and wait close by for the 2-3 minutes it took DH and DS to make it over. They also attached the wristbands very tightly....not sure if they have been having issues with reselling of wristbands or something, but they were very strict about the wristband situation.​
At 8:00am at Park Entry the line was walked over from Rope Drop and seemed to be around 50 people. The CM I was visiting with said the Reserved Seating was selling out within the 1st hour.​
We returned to the "hang out" lounge area at 4:15. The area was already full of people, all the couches and loungers were taken. That area gets very hot with the afternoon sun. In my opinion, many more umbrellas would be helpful. We ended up sitting on the curb in the shade near the Monsters queue. Having a PhotoPass photographer and special themed background was great.​
The drink choices were Sprite, Diet Coke, Coke and water (in 20 oz bottles). The popcorn was a fruity candied flavor. Each person receives a Rogers themed bucket and a sealed bag of popcorn. We would have preferred the original Disney savory popcorn and only took one of the buckets. YMMV.​
We sat in the Orchestra section about 10 rows back. Really enjoyed the show, the singing and dancing was very very good. My teenage DS even enjoyed it. It's not something we would personally see multiple days in a row but definitely would see on every trip, if that makes sense. We REALLY liked the Aladdin show from years' past so that is what we tend to compare to:)
Thanks to everyone on the Boards here for posting their experience. I would not have known about this without your sharing!​

Hello, We saw the 5:30 show on Friday 7/7 with Premium Reserved seating.

We had Early Entry as a DLR hotel guest, I went over to purchase at 7:58 after riding a few Attractions ... We returned to the "hang out" lounge area at 4:15. The area was already full of people, all the couches and loungers were taken. That area gets very hot with the afternoon sun. In my opinion, many more umbrellas would be helpful. We ended up sitting on the curb in the shade near the Monsters queue. Having a PhotoPass photographer and special themed background was great.​
Just got back from our trip. We also saw Rogers on Friday 7/7, but we saw the 2:00pm show. We head early entry, but didn't know they were selling tkts before rope drop. There was literally no one in line when my daughter and I went to rider Monsters Inc. My wife and son were at GOTG, so we had to wait for them. By the time they made it over to meet us, the rope drop crowd had already made it over. Premium tkts for the 12:30 show sold out right before we were able to purchase. They only sell 100 premium tkts per show.

I agree that the lounge area needs way more seats and umbrellas. We sat on the ground in a shady spot on the back side of the lounge area, almost under the water tower. A cast member came over and played an impromptu game of Marvel trivia with us (was way too easy). We loved the show. I think some people forget that the original show featured in Hawkeye was supposed to be cheesy/campy. I think it was a good balance of good theatrical performances with some campy humor. Definitely glad we saw it, and the $29 price was well worth it for us.

If it's "Save the City", then Doctor Strange wasn't yet part of the MCU for the first Avengers film that number is based on. Not that the musical number was accurate to the movies anyway (that was part of the joke in the Hawkeye series), but Doctor Strange wasn't around yet.

(I'm trying not to watch the video, because I'll be at the parks tomorrow and want to see the show with mostly fresh eyes! Let's hope I have better luck with that queue than I did with OBB.)
One thing I don't get is if this is the same show they showed on Hawkeyes, how do the creator of the show know that the captain went back in time to be with Peggy Carter at the end? :duck:

It's not showing for Wed August 23rd yet- have they been adding the shows after the hours come up on the calendar?

Does anyone have any experience with the 2nd virtual queue for the later shows? Does it seem easier or harder than the first one? Thanks.

there's a good chance that until the SAG-AFTRA strike is over the show may not go on as the actors are union.

there's a good chance that until the SAG-AFTRA strike is over the show may not go on as the actors are union.
They have scheduled times for Tuesday-Saturday. I don't think musical theater actors are necessarily in the SAG union but there could be some overlap. I think those performers would be part of the Disney cast member union since the cast members who play parts like Cruella were at the Haunted Mansion premiere yesterday.

Different unions.

Stage productions are not going on hold at this time while SAG is on strike.
Yeah, stage performers are in Equity (the Actors' Equity Association).

SAG stands for Screen Actors Guild, and AFTRA is the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists. So just movies and TV.

Last edited:
Yeah, stage performers are in Equity (the Actors' Equity Association).

SAG stands for Screen Actors Guild, and AFTRA is the American Federation of Radio and Television Artists. So just movies and TV.
Yup. I know. I work in live theatre for my career 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter