• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread September-December 2015 *PLEASE USE NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just getting into this game and would agree with what you said, but I'm making the offers anyway. My thinking as a buyer is that it's better for me and other buyers if sellers keep getting those low offers (maybe they will eventually take one) and for Disney to RORF as I would think it would at least begin to lower the bar. I've been turned down twice, had one accepted only to have a contract problem, and have an offer in currently. I plan on renting points next year, so I'm in no hurry (although it's hard to show restraint).
Disney taking more contracts through ROFR would only serve to drive prices up, not down ;).

We PASSED ROFR on 10/23. Can't believe how fast it went! Only 10 days!! Our last 2 contracts purchase about a year ago took the full month. Now we are waiting for the rest of the process to finish up. I feel like we got an OK deal considering the current market and the small contract we were looking for.
YAYYY!!! Congrats :flower1:!

(seller) undchefreak---$103-$15450-150-BWV-Jun-21/15', 150/16', 150/17', sent 10/15, passed 10/28
I listed this and was told that the price was too high (chose price because others with same/more points were at this price), and got a full price offer the day it was posted. Not too shabby.

I went through and did a little figuring on the contracts that have passed or been taken since 10/1. I was curious as to which days of the week show what activity, as well as doing an average of the number of days from submission to Disney for ROFR, to pass/take.

I might have missed one here or there, but for the most part, out of 34 "passed" contracts posted here, the average number of days it's taken from submitted to ROFR to passed ROFR is 14.2 days. The average number of days of the taken contracts is 26.7.

It seems that Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays seem to be the "active" days for Disney's ROFR process. Of the 37 contracts that I counted as going through thus far, 10 have processed on Mondays, 15 on Wednesdays, and 10 on Fridays. Thursdays got very little activity with 2 contracts processed, and Tuesdays showed 0 contracts processed.

Not sure if it means anything or has any statistical significance or not, but I was bored and curious here at work, so I decides to do it.

I went through and did a little figuring on the contracts that have passed or been taken since 10/1. I was curious as to which days of the week show what activity, as well as doing an average of the number of days from submission to Disney for ROFR, to pass/take.

I might have missed one here or there, but for the most part, out of 34 "passed" contracts posted here, the average number of days it's taken from submitted to ROFR to passed ROFR is 14.2 days. The average number of days of the taken contracts is 26.7.

It seems that Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays seem to be the "active" days for Disney's ROFR process. Of the 37 contracts that I counted as going through thus far, 10 have processed on Mondays, 15 on Wednesdays, and 10 on Fridays. Thursdays got very little activity with 2 contracts processed, and Tuesdays showed 0 contracts processed.

Not sure if it means anything or has any statistical significance or not, but I was bored and curious here at work, so I decides to do it.

This is great, as Robb hasn't run his numbers for all of this since end of September (mental note- hound Robb to run his numbers ;) ) and the wait times for ROFR as well as their activity overall has changed significantly since then. You'll see those stats on the very first page of this whole thread.

Thanks for crunching those numbers and posting them :)!

Offer accepted - 8/10
Submitted to ROFR - 8/11
Passed ROFR - 9/1
Receieved closing docs - 9/16
Closing docs/payment made - 9/18
Closed - 10/20
Recorded - 10/21
Points in hand - 10/29 (but banked points missing)

ezbfields--SSR--160 Mar $82--$13600 0/2015, 160/2016, 160/2017.... Sent 10/28 Seller pays MF/15 Buyer pays CC.

Which closing company are you using?
I don't know which closing company I used, I didn't even know I had a choice, and I cannot mention the broker I used either. It is getting blocked anytime I type it, so I guess it is against the rules.

I don't know which closing company I used, I didn't even know I had a choice, and I cannot mention the broker I used either. It is getting blocked anytime I type it, so I guess it is against the rules.
Normally the closing documents come directly from the closing company so you would see the closing company's name somewhere in the email you received. I'm curious because I've read some posts stating that some closing companies are taking a couple of weeks after ROFR to get the documents sent out. It would seem your closing company is getting the closing docs ready very quickly so I wondered who it was.

Normally the closing documents come directly from the closing company so you would see the closing company's name somewhere in the email you received. I'm curious because I've read some posts stating that some closing companies are taking a couple of weeks after ROFR to get the documents sent out. It would seem your closing company is getting the closing docs ready very quickly so I wondered who it was.

Hmmm, they came from an attorney. I am so clueless!! Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter