ROFR Thread September-December 2015 *PLEASE USE NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO holy crap. We submitted 9/28 and just got approval today!

$145-$23,200-160-VGC-Aug-0/'15, 160/'16, 160/'17-sent 9/28 Passed 10/5

We just received out closing documents today for this. So a very fast turn around. Much quicker than I thought Everything is less than a month.

We just received out closing documents today for this. So a very fast turn around. Much quicker than I thought Everything is less than a month.

You may want to check with your broker. it is very likely the contract is still going through Estoppel and the closing agent is trying to get the paper work in order for a quick turn around once they get the Estoppel letter back from Disney.

But either way you in the home stretch now.

You may want to check with your broker. it is very likely the contract is still going through Estoppel and the closing agent is trying to get the paper work in order for a quick turn around once they get the Estoppel letter back from Disney.

The paperwork is coming directly from the escrow broker, not from the agent. So nope the broker already received the Estoppel letter.

I was not trying to make them feel bad. I was just trying to help them understand why the contract was so appealing to DVD. I have also done significant research on DVC pricing and to get a completely fully load contract (2 years worth of points in 2015) for only $5 more than a similar contract that was just taken (with 0 2015 points) would have been a steal. I think it is important for people to have good information.

I knew as soon as I saw the posting of the contract going to right of refusal it was going to be interesting. How did i know that..... real Data from the Comptroller's website.
I'm truly glad you weren't. For the record, I don't dispute or disagree with the obvious here. I just had the same sting of rofr last month as this person...with a fully loaded contract being taken, so I'm a little more sensitive to the matter, and your post, to me, came off with an "I told you so" tone. Gotta love how words can be interpreted/misinterpreted on the Internet. Fortunately for us, the mod of this thread keeps things upbeat and positive (yet diplomatic).

They can't send closing paperwork until estoppel is received :).

I was not trying to make them feel bad. I was just trying to help them understand why the contract was so appealing to DVD. I have also done significant research on DVC pricing and to get a completely fully load contract (2 years worth of points in 2015) for only $5 more than a similar contract that was just taken (with 0 2015 points) would have been a steal. I think it is important for people to have good information.

I knew as soon as I saw the posting of the contract going to right of refusal it was going to be interesting. How did i know that..... real Data from the Comptroller's website.

I totally agree that it's important for people to have good information :).

With that being said, here are a few of the host of factors that influence DVC's decisions to buy back a property:

-Unit Number
-Use Year
-Fulfilling a matching waitlist
-Even if there are banked or previous year's points, if they don't have anyone to sell that contract to, those points will expire and be worthless anyway. So, with prior year points, they will be looking at turning around that contract as quickly as possible. Same with whether the contract is close or far from the end of the UY.
-Any legal issues- bankruptcies, divorce, powers of attorney...they don't touch those generally speaking. But chances are the buyer won't know the details at the time of the offer.

FWIW we passed at $85/pt on BWV a few months ago with 250 2013, 250 2014 (banked) and 250 2015 points. So, it's not a guaranteed course of action for them to buy back a contract just because it's loaded.

I feel that buyers should understand that so many factors go into these decisions that it's impossible to try to predict the outcome. Sure, try to sneak through a $65 BLT and it's not going to pass. But, if they are focusing only on whether the contract is "loaded or not", it's not really helpful, as the buyer is not privy to the same information as the DVC employees who are using their own wide array of algorithms to make the decision.

I just saw someone on Facebook passed rofr today on a vgf contract after 12 days! I guess it can't go into the official stats, but thought I would throw it in here to maybe lift people's spirits :)

Pangyal - please add me. I think my post fell between the cracks during the BWV debate. Thanks

Congrats to everyone who passed ROFR recently!!!!

I didn't think I would be back on this thread so soon. Haha, actually in the same year as my first contract. I wanted to add on a small contact next year (30 pts - SSR - same UY - direct). Couldn't pass this 30pts up on resale.

Buzzalot ---$139-$4170-30-BLT- Sept - 27/15, 30/16, 30/17- sent Oct. 14

:disrocks:

Last edited:
Wow, congrats!!!! I thought for sure they would have taken your contract seeing as they took our VB contract for $54/pt. Truly no rhyme or reason I guess to what they do.

Me too! I was already looking for another contract. My agent said it was probably because mine didn't come with any '14 or '15 points. Good luck on your next contract!

Me too! I was already looking for another contract. My agent said it was probably because mine didn't come with any '14 or '15 points. Good luck on your next contract!

Thanks. If we add on more points at this point we will go straight through DVC. We already own at BLT so we will probably put our name on waitlist for BWV or BC with our sales rep and when points become available grab them. Again congrats.

Your post wasn't condescending in the least. Your analysis was spot on....a BWV contract with an effective price of $75 is a steal in this market and is the reason, as the potential buyer already stated, they bid on it in the first place. It is important everybody has relevant, current, and accurate factual information as the DVC market can and has drastically changed from month-to-month. With that being said, a quick review of the OCC data for September, shows that of the approximately 30 resale BWV contracts recorded, Disney took 11 of them, or 36%, via ROFR. Not a miniscule number in the least. With another 175 point BWV contract being taken at $95 just two days ago, I'm very interested to see what the landscape looks like when all the October transactions are required.

If one is willing to let actual data get in the way of a good story then the short-term price trend of BWV is crystal clear. For anyone that definitely knows they want a BWV contract, it's certainly clear Disney is raising the bar and $95 evidently isn't safe. It will be interesting to see if contracts sit awhile longer or if people decide to up their offers......stay tuned.

aprindle1---$91-$19474-214-VWL-June-0/14, 214/15, 214/16, 214/17- sent Sept. 30

So excited and keeping fingers crossed. Stayed there in a 2 bedroom at the end of August renting a friend's points (at a very discounted rate). We were hooked and can't wait to go back.

:welcome:!!!

And best of luck!

Congrats to everyone who passed ROFR recently!!!!

I didn't think I would be back on this thread so soon. Haha, actually in the same year as my first contract. I wanted to add on a small contact next year (30 pts - SSR - same UY - direct). Couldn't pass this 30pts up on resale.

Buzzalot ---$139-$4170-30-BLT- Sept - 27/15, 30/16, 30/17- sent Oct. 14

:disrocks:
LOL you will be back on this thread more than you think, I'll bet! Good luck :)!!!

Woohoo!! Heard from the broker today that we passed! pixiedust:

And so the waiting begins...again!

erdoc38---$112-$23015-200-BLT-Feb-52/'15, 120/'16, 200/'17-SR- '15 MF and prorated '16 MF - sent 10/1, passed 10/21
Hurray!!! Congratulations :flower1:!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter