ROFR Thread October to December 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Updated!

Random update thoughts:

1.) I initially accidentally posted the taken VGF in Waiting because my fingers were so unused to adding anything near the bottom of the page.

2.) Both of the VGCs are being purchased by people who have spicy food usernames.

Have a great weekend!

“Sign&Stay”?
It’s a promotion that DVC Resale Market is having right now. It’s basically a stripped down contract with no points until 2025 (so no dues due at closing) and the sellers pay all of the closing costs. So nothing at all is owed until you have to make your first loan payment. There are very specific loan terms with their preferred lender, with no prepayment penalty, so I’m just going to pay it off early. So basically there’s absolutely zero down payment.

Honestly, I’m wondering if Disney is going to take one or both so we will see what happens

It’s a promotion that DVC Resale Market is having right now. It’s basically a stripped down contract with no points until 2025 (so no dues due at closing) and the sellers pay all of the closing costs. So nothing at all is owed until you have to make your first loan payment. There are very specific loan terms with their preferred lender, with no prepayment penalty, so I’m just going to pay it off early. So basically there’s absolutely zero down payment.

Honestly, I’m wondering if Disney is going to take one or both so we will see what happens
EDIT: See further discussion below

Last edited:
They don’t tend to take stripped contracts because they can’t sell it until there are points to use and they can’t rent it either.
That would make sense to me, but last week @cbailey1616 had the following stripped contract snatched:
cbailey1616---$140-$20900-146-VGF-Feb-0/22, 0/23, 36/24, 146/25- sent 10/25, taken 11/8

DVCRM probably have their own imagineers who come with these concepts that take advantage of buyers who don’t know any better.

A+ for creativity.

F for integrity.
As a long term owner, both direct and resale, I didn’t see a downside at all. They make it very clear that you won’t be getting any points up front, which is the trade off for not having to pay a penny up front. It works out great for me, because the only thing I’m paying is the price per point. Planning on paying off early, so it was a win-win for me

They don’t tend to take stripped contracts because they can’t sell it until there are points to use and they can’t rent it either.
Sadly and historically that is not correct. There have been times that most contracts that they ROFR'd were stripped. The difference with DVC is that once they get it back the contract essentially goes away. Then it's dependent on the points they have available total in a unit.
I don't recall exactly the year or two timeframe - maybe 8 or so years ago but could be a little longer - there were fully loaded contracts passing and stripped contracts being ROFR'd. DVC is ultimately in it long term so there's that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter