ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so who here bought the 25 point Sept UY AKV for $130 PP? It got listed yesterday and by the time I saw it - like an hour later...it was gone! It certainly has a high risk of ROFR, but it was worth a try.

I sure hope someone here got it as it was pretty loaded LOL! :worship:
I saw that one too & I was too slow !

gabieb said:
gabieb---$155-$25129-150-CCV@WL-Aug-0/20, 143/21, 150/22-seller pays MF '21- sent 11/30, taken 12/28
Gottier11 said:
Gottier11---$155-$15500-100-CCV-Jun-0/21, 100/22, 100/23-sent 12/3, passed 12/28

While the Seller paying the 2021 MF brings the per point price down, I'm also looking at that "taken" - could it just be someone wanted to buy a CCV August UY direct so Disney waited for one to grab and resell? It makes sense Disney would have a running list of "wants". That would explain why it is nearly impossible to predict what will be taken.

Last edited:
While the Seller paying the 2021 MF brings the per point price down, I'm also looking at that "taken" - could it just be someone wanted to buy a CCV August UY direct so Disney waited for one to grab and resell? It makes sense Disney would have a running list of "wants". That would explain why it is nearly impossible to predict what will be taken.
I don't think the member fees plays into Disney's ROFR decision, but I do think that wait lists and inventory maintenance play into it as a possible (but clearly not the only) explanation.

I don't think the member fees plays into Disney's ROFR decision, but I do think that wait lists and inventory maintenance play into it as a possible (but clearly not the only) explanation.

I think they look at at all and final cost is lower when a current owner pays the fees vs a buyer.

When it comes to ROFR, I don’t believe any aspect is off the table.

I think they look at at all and final cost is lower when a current owner pays the fees vs a buyer.

When it comes to ROFR, I don’t believe any aspect is off the table.
But they are already an "owner" and paying fees on all the points they own to begin with. I don't think a few hundred dollars here or there is going to move that needle any, versus flipping 200 or 300 points and realizing a $30k profit. Since they are, in essence, paying themselves through MF's, I wouldn't doubt some creative accounting would absorb those (relatively) small numbers anyway. I agree that anything else is definitely on the table (and maybe mostly banked points versus stripped contracts because THAT they can't spreadsheet away).

But they are already an "owner" and paying fees on all the points they own to begin with. I don't think a few hundred dollars here or there is going to move that needle any, versus flipping 200 or 300 points and realizing a $30k profit. Since they are, in essence, paying themselves through MF's, I wouldn't doubt some creative accounting would absorb those small numbers anyway. I agree that anything else is definitely on the table (and maybe mostly banked points versus stripped contracts because THAT they can't spreadsheet away).

We can just disagree LOL because I think it can play a role. As with everything none of us know but when I first bought in 2009 that was definitely a theory and some decisions seemed to support it.

Biggest thing is that they have a process and it changes as their goals and needs change but nothing is discounted in the process. That I am confident about.

But they are already an "owner" and paying fees on all the points they own to begin with. I don't think a few hundred dollars here or there is going to move that needle any, versus flipping 200 or 300 points and realizing a $30k profit. Since they are, in essence, paying themselves through MF's, I wouldn't doubt some creative accounting would absorb those (relatively) small numbers anyway. I agree that anything else is definitely on the table (and maybe mostly banked points versus stripped contracts because THAT they can't spreadsheet away).

In exchange for guaranteeing to cover expense overage of the budget DVC does not pay dues on points they own.

In exchange for guaranteeing to cover expense overage of the budget DVC does not pay dues on points they own.
I kinda thought that might be the case (or something similar or more artfully stated), but I am not as nearly as knowledgeable as many on here regarding that. So, whether a seller or buyer is paying MF's becomes moot if Disney takes the points through ROFR (they would become the new owner and therefore free from paying the MF's)?

I kinda thought that might be the case (or something similar or more artfully stated), but I am not as nearly as knowledgeable as many on here regarding that. So, whether a seller or buyer is paying MF's becomes moot if Disney takes the points through ROFR (they would become the new owner and therefore free from paying the MF's)?

Correct for fees moving forward but not for ones already paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter