ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We ended up buying direct this week instead. We used the points to complete a 10 d trip to Aulani. Yes, much more expensive; we would have saved money, but also had the points immediately available and used them. I am pretty sure that after the refurb, we will see BRV direct go up $10 to $200/pt and see the deed get extended by 20 more years. I would expect the same for BCV and BWV. HHI and VB might stay the same $/pt but still get extended.

IMHO - I think we will see resale for BRV move into the $130+ range to pass. DVC will gobble up anything lower to reduce the potential use during the refurb and then sell them at a premium.
DVD will never again extend any of the contracts and I am willing to bet HHI and VB both get sold off at the end of their contracts especially since these are two properties they do not exercise ROFR and along with that they are aging beach properties and if you think the maintenance fees are high now wait to see what they are in the next 5, 10 and 20 years. Add to that IF they did extend the contracts they cannot increase the point charts and then they also allow " grandfathered" contracts that would have expired and didn't buy direct the ability to stay at any of the newer resorts.

Maybe not to current owners but as contracts get bought back through ROFR and resold to new owners they may offer a longer contract. They’re already doing this with OKW.
That's only because when they did the OKW extension they extended the lease for the entire resort. All contracts were extended and that's what has caused, and will continue to cause, issues. It's not as simple as just saying that new contracts will end at a different date.

That's only because when they did the OKW extension they extended the lease for the entire resort. All contracts were extended and that's what has caused, and will continue to cause, issues. It's not as simple as just saying that new contracts will end at a different date.
So you're saying it doesn't matter if you get okw extended or not they will all end 2054? Can you expound?

So you're saying it doesn't matter if you get okw extended or not they will all end 2054? Can you expound?
The way they did the extension was to extend the land lease for the entire resort (they can't really just extend a portion because of how units are owned). They then said that people would either have to pay for the extension or sign a quit claim to those additional years giving those rights back to DVD. A lot of people just signed the quit claim and with any OKW resale contract the buyer must sign a quit claim. There are some people who didn't do either who feel that they have the right to those extra years because of the fact that the resort was extended and they never agreed to quit claim those additional years.

So legally the entire resort was extended and that can be seen in the Public Offering Statement which is why direct sales are all extended contracts. How that will play out in 2042 is debatable and could end up in court if someone really wants to spend the money. Now I would not assume that anyone will get those years without having paid but it's just really messy which is why I can't see them offering some sort of extension at other resorts, even on direct sales.

The way they did the extension was to extend the land lease for the entire resort (they can't really just extend a portion because of how units are owned). They then said that people would either have to pay for the extension or sign a quit claim to those additional years giving those rights back to DVD. A lot of people just signed the quit claim and with any OKW resale contract the buyer must sign a quit claim. There are some people who didn't do either who feel that they have the right to those extra years because of the fact that the resort was extended and they never agreed to quit claim those additional years.

So legally the entire resort was extended and that can be seen in the Public Offering Statement which is why direct sales are all extended contracts. How that will play out in 2042 is debatable and could end up in court if someone really wants to spend the money. Now I would not assume that anyone will get those years without having paid but it's just really messy which is why I can't see them offering some sort of extension at other resorts, even on direct sales.
Gotcha, now I see why it will be a mess when the time comes, and why they are not offering for the other 2042 resorts.

Aside from the above points which I completely agree with, let's also keep in mind that Disney makes significantly more money if they let their 2042s expire and re-issue new points with a new deed. Beach Club and BWV certainly have the demand and consumer confidence for this.

Aside from the above points which I completely agree with, let's also keep in mind that Disney makes significantly more money if they let their 2042s expire and re-issue new points with a new deed. Beach Club and BWV certainly have the demand and consumer confidence for this.
Agreed. Refurb/rebuild, create new point charts, add resale restrictions, and have multi-billion dollar sellouts on each of those resorts.

Maybe not to current owners but as contracts get bought back through ROFR and resold to new owners they may offer a longer contract. They’re already doing this with OKW.
OKW was the only resort they did that with and then discovered it was a massive mistake which will cause the legal issues in 2042. They are hoping to convert as many of the 2042 contacts as they can to 2057 contacts to mitigate any potential damage. For the remaining 2042 DVC Disneyworld resorts they will close those resorts in 2042 do a massive refurbishment and jack up the point charts to RIV level. As for HHI and VB they most likely would get sold off, to hard and too long to sell these points that is why they do not exercise ROFR on these places.

Last edited:
Agreed. Refurb/rebuild, create new point charts, add resale restrictions, and have multi-billion dollar sellouts on each of those resorts.
I agree with Jimmy and JETS. You might even see the last 2-3 years when point values plummet, and some folks won't go again and just won't to get out from under the MF, Disney may start to buy a bunch back for next to nothing. They could start the refurb early and/or start sales early. They could have a new model to show you. You could buy one- two years early in 2041-2042 and with the contract, you get some OTU points in the current resort in those years as a bonus, and your contract start in 2043. It could literally be a hard goods refurb in the villas, but Disney gets multi millions of dollars. Doing this on 1-2 of the 2042 resorts, could spread out having 3-6 (BRV, BCV, BWV for sure, OKW (2057 but some points in 2042), HHI and VB (maybe they sell the land), for sale at the same time.

I agree with Jimmy and JETS. You might even see the last 2-3 years when point values plummet, and some folks won't go again and just won't to get out from under the MF, Disney may start to buy a bunch back for next to nothing. They could start the refurb early and/or start sales early. They could have a new model to show you. You could buy one- two years early in 2041-2042 and with the contract, you get some OTU points in the current resort in those years as a bonus, and your contract start in 2043. It could literally be a hard goods refurb in the villas, but Disney gets multi millions of dollars. Doing this on 1-2 of the 2042 resorts, could spread out having 3-6 (BRV, BCV, BWV for sure, OKW (2057 but some points in 2042), HHI and VB (maybe they sell the land), for sale at the same time.
I'm just hoping to seize a WOO (Window Of Opportunity) for BCV, between now and 2042. We love the location, and only have a small resale contract there. Don't want to pay Direct Prices for another add-on, and there's been a recent spike in BCV resale$$ (AND - the first ROFRs on BCV in about a year). I hope that in the next couple years it hits the point of diminishing returns, and a WOO opens up for me, as the next 20 years at DVC will be our Prime Time. We'll be in our 80's in 2042, and we already have sufficient points at SSR to carry us forward from there, so just looking/hoping for a "SALE" on BCV in that period. 🤞 :earboy2:

I'm just hoping to seize a WOO (Window Of Opportunity) for BCV, between now and 2042. We love the location, and only have a small resale contract there. Don't want to pay Direct Prices for another add-on, and there's been a recent spike in BCV resale$$ (AND - the first ROFRs on BCV in about a year). I hope that in the next couple years it hits the point of diminishing returns, and a WOO opens up for me, as the next 20 years at DVC will be our Prime Time. We'll be in our 80's in 2042, and we already have sufficient points at SSR to carry us forward from there, so just looking/hoping for a "SALE" on BCV in that period. 🤞 :earboy2:
I think a lot of people are and have been waiting for that price drop for BCV, myself included. The problem is, the resort is way too popular, even with the diminishing years left on the contract. I don't think the price drop will keep up with the rate of inflation so my thought is it will probably stay at the current price, probably all the way until maybe 5 years left. But by then, I can't see many people willing to sell or buy. I personally go back and forth on BCV. On the one hand, 20 years is way too short but on the other hand, 20 years is still a long time to enjoy a phenomenal resort. I'll probably go back and forth forever. sigh.

They sold the land that they had next to VB they were going to use for the expansion years ago. That pretty much tells you they have no long term interest in keeping that property for the long haul. They are just stuck with it until 2042.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter