• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread July to Sept 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Should I be concerned that on day 29 I still haven’t heard anything? All these fast ROFRs have me paranoid something is wrong.
Saw your post over in the Closing Time thread. Here are the pertinent dates from my most recent purchase:

Sent to ROFR: 8/29
Passed ROFR: 9/8
Closing docs received (buyer): 9/9
Closing docs returned (buyer): 9/11 (online notary)
Closing docs returned (seller): 9/11 (online notary)
Closing: 9/14
Deed recorded: 9/14
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 9/22
Points in account: 9/23 (no call)

Now as just about everyone will tell you, every contract is different, and as a matter of fact, the buyer on a contract that I sold that closed on 9/1 (passed ROFR on 8/11, very slow title company) still hasn't received their points yet (although the contract did show up on their dashboard on 9/15). But, they do tend to follow general trends in timing.

Should I be concerned that on day 29 I still haven’t heard anything? All these fast ROFRs have me paranoid something is wrong.
You should be fine. It's SSR. Most of the ROFR have be GF. But typically, at one month, I send a note--to the broker and the title company--explaining that it's been one month and could you check on the ROFR.

My guess: people were busy and your contract wasn't sent as quickly as it could've been to Disney for ROFR.

But a polite email should move things along.

An SSR contract was just recorded and the price for point was $82. There were 4 other contracts priced at 100, 105, 107 and 110.

BLT contracts are consistently in the $130"s with a few under 130 and over 139. The average so far this month is $135. This is for contracts of 150 to 200 points.

BLT is definitely trending down.

POLY2 and FW cabins haven't been confirmed as having resale restrictions.......and the pace they can't sell Riviera with the restrictions without a steep discount I could 100% see them backtracking on that policy on future builds.
I think those resale restrictions are here to stay. Riviera’s slow sales could be due to any number of reasons, but it’s a great resort.

POLY2 and FW cabins haven't been confirmed as having resale restrictions.......and the pace they can't sell Riviera with the restrictions without a steep discount I could 100% see them backtracking on that policy on future builds.
The majority of the buyers at RIV are "new" to DVC and are not thinking about selling it even before they "buy" it. These people don't even give the resale restrictions a second thought. It is the current unknown state of the economy that is slowing sales and all of the other nonsense going on at Disney. What I can see DVD doing and I would be surprised if they don't do this down the road a few years is to charge a premium/surcharge if someone that has restricted points wants to make a reservation at one of those resorts. It would be a surcharge per point per reservation. As an example if someone with restricted AKL points wants to book at RIV they would have to wait until the 7 month window than use their points to book the room ( say it is 120 points) then they would also have to cough up an additional cash payment of $10 per point for a total of $1,200 in addition to their 120 points. This would generate additional cash flow at no cost to DVD with keeping the restrictions in place. If the person did this a few times it would have been cheaper if they bought direct in the first place.

Just doing a quick check of the Orange County records, and it appears that VGF continues to be the only resort getting ROFR'd.
What search parameters do you use to look this up? I've found the records page really difficult to use. Thanks!

The majority of the buyers at RIV are "new" to DVC and are not thinking about selling it even before they "buy" it. These people don't even give the resale restrictions a second thought. It is the current unknown state of the economy that is slowing sales and all of the other nonsense going on at Disney. What I can see DVD doing and I would be surprised if they don't do this down the road a few years is to charge a premium/surcharge if someone that has restricted points wants to make a reservation at one of those resorts. It would be a surcharge per point per reservation. As an example if someone with restricted AKL points wants to book at RIV they would have to wait until the 7 month window than use their points to book the room ( say it is 120 points) then they would also have to cough up an additional cash payment of $10 per point for a total of $1,200 in addition to their 120 points. This would generate additional cash flow at no cost to DVD with keeping the restrictions in place. If the person did this a few times it would have been cheaper if they bought direct in the first place.
Whatever the price, I don’t think DVC would ever provide resale owners with any kind of workaround to circumvent resale restrictions. That defeats their whole point, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter