ROFR Thread July to Sept 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t be sad!

I’m sure the resale brokers are going to love all of the $75pp offers that are going to come their way from DISBoarders over the next couple of months…. 🤣

That's exactly why I'm conflicted about this thread. It's valuable info when DVC is exercising ROFR (and the turnaround time is valuable info too), but in the absence of that it's becoming a race to the bottom.

Last edited:
Don’t be sad!

I’m sure the resale brokers are going to love all of the $75pp offers that are going to come their way from DISBoarders over the next couple of months…. 🤣
I suppose that is the silver lining.

Brokers may not love my “lowball” offers, but at least two sellers have decided that they’re good enough to accept (or negotiate to a mutually acceptable price) this year. I’m sure some sellers and brokers would prefer to keep listing the monorail resorts above the 170s forever…but some actually want to sell.

I currently own as many DVC points as I think I need (probably a tad more), so I am not rooting for them to drop further, but with people burning out on revenge travel and financing costs through the roof, I don’t think the resale market is going to turn anytime soon (though I assume it will eventually go up with inflation over time)— I’ll keep looking for opportunities to add points to fulfill my dream of become a DVC tycoon who lives in the Poly bungalows.

Happy for you, but also sad for me, as somebody who bought Aulani direct at more than 2x this. We are taking our first trip in November and if we love it, will probably be looking for more points so I can dollar cost average it in my mind. :p
Over time, I think you’ll be glad to have those direct, unrestricted points, which in the relative short term you can use to book at Poly2, VDH, Riviera, and the new FW Cabins, all closed to resale owners. And that’s not counting the long term, potentially featuring a consistent stream of other new DVD projects at WDW that will probably be announced over the next several years. Personally, I think it’s a good idea to own a mix of both resale and direct, so you can stay at the old classic resorts as well as the shiny new ones!

Over time, I think you’ll be glad to have those direct, unrestricted points, which in the relative short term you can use to book at Poly2, VDH, Riviera, and the new FW Cabins, all closed to resale owners. And that’s not counting the long term, potentially featuring a consistent stream of other new DVD projects at WDW that will probably be announced over the next several years. Personally, I think it’s a good idea to own a mix of both resale and direct, so you can stay at the old classic resorts as well as the shiny new ones!
I agree with you, but I plan to use my AUL points at AUL most of the time, and wish I’d bought there resale for less than half of direct (esp after the summer VGF promotion, where i picked up 150 direct)….then I’d have enough money left over to pick up 125 resale points at PVB. 😛

I agree with you, but I plan to use my AUL points at AUL most of the time, and wish I’d bought there resale for less than half of direct (esp after the summer VGF promotion, where i picked up 150 direct)….then I’d have enough money left over to pick up 125 resale points at PVB. 😛
That’s why all of our Aulani points are in a separate UY from all of our WDW points.

That’s why all of our Aulani points are in a separate UY from all of our WDW points.
I mostly use my Aulani points at Aulani as well, but sometimes I‘ll expand an 11 month reservation at 7 months, with non Aulani points, if we decide we want to stay there a little longer than we usually do. And sometimes I’ll book another entire Aulani vacation at 7 months with CCV or VGF points. For us, the flexibility provided by having all our points under the same UY umbrella really matters. And long term, I think there’s a chance that VGF and CCV might have more long term value if I want to sell down the line. Of course, no one can read the future!

I mostly use my Aulani points at Aulani as well, but sometimes I‘ll expand an 11 month reservation at 7 months, with non Aulani points, if we decide we want to stay there a little longer than we usually do. And sometimes I’ll book another entire Aulani vacation at 7 months with CCV or VGF points. For us, the flexibility provided by having all our points under the same UY umbrella really matters. And long term, I think there’s a chance that VGF and CCV might have more long term value if I want to sell down the line. Of course, no one can read the future!
We’ll add SSR SAP’s to an Aulani reservation, but I don’t want to make it too easy to move points in the opposite direction. Having to call to transfer the points between memberships is an added layer of the Chinese wall.

Don’t be sad!

I would love to see what that broker that lambasted me the other day would say if I made an offer like this! If she thought $130 for PVB was an insult she would've straight up called the National Guard on me for offering $75 on Aulani!

POLY2 and FW cabins haven't been confirmed as having resale restrictions.......and the pace they can't sell Riviera with the restrictions without a steep discount I could 100% see them backtracking on that policy on future builds.

POLY2 and FW cabins haven't been confirmed as having resale restrictions.......and the pace they can't sell Riviera with the restrictions without a steep discount I could 100% see them backtracking on that policy on future builds.
If they felt that the restrictions was a bag of hurt would they have chosen not to have it at VDH?

I think they're fine with the pace at which Riviera is selling, otherwise they'd have the similar incentives VGF had during the summer. I don't see them backtracking at all on it, unless you see flat sales across RIV, Poly 2, and FW (when they both come online) for an extended period of time. Although I sure wish they would backtrack since I own some RIV resale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter