• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
christophles---$110-$19376-160-SSR-Aug-0/21, 160/22, 160/23, 160/24- sent 8/1, passed 9/21

A word of advise for people out there. If you are going with a broker that charges a fee, you need to do your own checking of the completed contract and make sure everything is correct to avoid any unnecessary delays. When you don't hear back in a timely fashion regarding ROFR based on the average timeline of this thread, reach out to the broker first and if you aren't getting a straight answer, reach out to the title company. I was lied to as to the reason of the delay from the broker, but the title company actually told me the truth.

This was the actual timeline from the title company...
The contract was submitted to Disney on 8/2. Disney reviewed the contract on 8/18 advising the contract was missing a seller signature. The fully executed contract was submitted to Disney on 9/1.

What the broker said when questioned...
"Disney ROFR is been Extremely Behind regarding the Inventory they been having."

christophles---$110-$19376-160-SSR-Aug-0/21, 160/22, 160/23, 160/24- sent 8/1, passed 9/21

A word of advise for people out there. If you are going with a broker that charges a fee, you need to do your own checking of the completed contract and make sure everything is correct to avoid any unnecessary delays. When you don't hear back in a timely fashion regarding ROFR based on the average timeline of this thread, reach out to the broker first and if you aren't getting a straight answer, reach out to the title company. I was lied to as to the reason of the delay from the broker, but the title company actually told me the truth.

The contract was submitted to Disney on 8/2. Disney reviewed the contract on 8/18 advising the contract was missing a seller signature. The fully executed contract was submitted to Disney on 9/1.

"Disney ROFR is been Extremely Behind regarding the Inventory they been having."
Great price! Hope you get a refund on that admin fee to bring the price down another 1.50 or so per point!

Who was your broker?

Who was your broker?
The same one that’s been making mistakes week after week. Pretty much the only one that charged an admin fee too. My coordinator ghosted me when I inquired if something was wrong it was taking too long but luckily my broker was at least quick to respond and make things right when I reached out to her. It seems like the one good thing about these mistakes is that the contracts all seem to pass the ROFR lady in the end? 😅

Was this an international seller?

It’s ok to name fidelity on this thread :). People seem to be tiptoeing around it like it’s a big mystery.
I just received an email from them saying they have not heard anything yet (2 weeks in). Nice they were in touch but I hope the info is correct :)

JKS DVC---$133-$14855-110-AKV-Jun-0/21, 0/22, 110/23, 110/24-Seller pays closing- sent 9/15

This is my FOURTH AKV contract sent to ROFR since starting this process in April (the first three were all taken)...I really hope this one goes through! I am nothing if not patient. Side note, communication from Fidelity has been extremely messy this time around. Initially contracts were sent for ROFR without buyer signatures and it took me bugging them on multiple occasions to get to the bottom of it. When it was finally sent with all the right signatures, they didn't notify me until I bugged them about it. I didn't have this experience last time I tried through Fidelity (and not with DVC resale market either), so not sure what the deal is.

I just received an email from them saying they have not heard anything yet (2 weeks in). Nice they were in touch but I hope the info is correct :)
I got that same email about 2 weeks out and thought “hey they’re not so bad!” And then it was downhill from there 🤣

JKS DVC---$133-$14855-110-AKV-Jun-0/21, 0/22, 110/23, 110/24-Seller pays closing- sent 9/15

This is my FOURTH AKV contract sent to ROFR since starting this process in April (the first three were all taken)...I really hope this one goes through! I am nothing if not patient. Side note, communication from Fidelity has been extremely messy this time around. Initially contracts were sent for ROFR without buyer signatures and it took me bugging them on multiple occasions to get to the bottom of it. When it was finally sent with all the right signatures, they didn't notify me until I bugged them about it. I didn't have this experience last time I tried through Fidelity (and not with DVC resale market either), so not sure what the deal is.
Good luck. That's a good price. Hope it gets through this time. AKL has still been hit and miss with the ROFR lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter